TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
edited November 2013 in UFC
Thats what rory gets for playing the captain safety game
Post edited by the_enigma on
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free
    Rory usually goes for the kill but the time he decides to Lay n Pray he gets **** over. That's the reverse GSP
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    It was a good fight but Rory lost that with a simple mistake.It was Rory's cardio that is always in question,he was resting after the TD's,Yamasaki did the right thing when he stood them up,he gave Rory lot's of time ,each time to get something going.If Rory had of sucked it up and kept busy,he would have kept Lawler on the ground and win the fight,mistake,i hope he learns from that,he needs to work on his cardio.
    One other point is that Yamasaki caught the ONE and only back of the head punch,while Dean missed all 7-8 in his fight,HUGE contrast in the level of refs.Yamasaki is a solid ref,i hope he does the GSP fight,i will be sick if Dean does it.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    It feels so good to see Lawler beat that egotistic wannabe GSP.

Rory was so cocky. You can tell by the way he was fighting. Meanwhile Lawler looked uncomfortable in there but finally figured the canandian out.
    What??
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    I jumped out of my chair with joy when they gave Robbie the decision. So glad Rory lost, used to be a fan.

Lawler vs Condit/Brown winner for title shot (after rematch of course)
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    Jbrahams said:

I jumped out of my chair with joy when they gave Robbie the decision. So glad Rory lost, used to be a fan.

We also learned that Rory really doesn't cope well when he is hit with a decent shot.
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,319Free
    At least the judges got it right in that one. WAR Lawler!!!
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Tahune said:

Jbrahams said:

We also learned that Rory really doesn't cope well when he is hit with a decent shot.
    Yeah there were signs of it against Che mills but this definitely confirmed it. GSP cops a lot of slack for not liking to be hit but he took shots from a harder puncher better than Rory did
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    I knew Robbie could do it, him winning was by far the best part of the card for me other than GSP losing obviously
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

I knew Robbie could do it, him winning was by far the best part of the card for me other than GSP losing obviously

yeah I was up off the couch when he dropped him
    :D
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    I went in to the fight hoping for Rory to win, but after seeing him try to do a repeat of the Ellenberger fight, I was all for Lawler.

..no longer a fan of Rory's, tbh.
    kapst said:

I went in to the fight hoping for Rory to win, but after seeing him try to do a repeat of the Ellenberger fight, I was all for Lawler.

Such a contrast from the kid who threw Nate Diaz around the cage.

The look on Robbie's face when Rory was just lying on him getting a breather was priceless
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    Tahune said:

yeah I was up off the couch when he dropped him
    :D
    Haha same me and a friend were going crazy shouting and **** everytime he hurt him! Lawler looks great now he's at WW and changed gyms.

People still underestimated him after he finished Kos but it really made me have faith in him again after seeing his wrestling improved so much now he handles Rory and proves he's a top contender there's some fantastic fights to be made for him.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    Tahune said:

kapst said:

Such a contrast from the kid who threw Nate Diaz around the cage.

The look on Robbie's face when Rory was just lying on him getting a breather was priceless
    Absolutely. It's like he's a completely different fighter now.

He's obviously trying to be a smart gameplanner like GSP, but failing hard. He amounts very little offense at all.