Fight metric confirms what we already know.

12er12er Posts: 10,804Free
So fight metric concurs with Dana, the media, Johnny, GSP's corner, all non-canadian fans.

Johnny Hendricks new Champ.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html
Tagged:

Comments

• 12er12er Posts: 10,804Free
    Oh and btw @idrankyourbeer

Johnny outstruck him too, so you can stop trolling with that line already.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    bahh not in significant strikes

non significant strikes dont matter. thats why they are not significant
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

IMO girly jabs that don't leave a mark don't count as significant. So GSP landed no sig strikes.

Hendricks rocked him over and over again. GSP can't even remember the fight, he got trucked.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited November 2013

Clearly the significant strikes stat means nothing when you look at their faces.
    well either that confirms one of two things.

either hendricks has pillow fists and gsp busts open easy, or GSP has an iron chin. GSP just stood there and took everything hendricks had to give him, so which is it?
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    Based on that, GSP lands more significant strikes supposedly then Hendricks, but Hendricks looks like he could fight again right now. GSP will be out for a few months getting his wounds healed up. So, how exactly are they significant strikes?
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,030Free

well either that confirms one of two things. hendricks has pillow fists and gsp busts open easy, or GSP has an iron chin.

MMA_FTW said:

Based on that, GSP lands more significant strikes supposedly then Hendricks, but Hendricks looks like he could fight again right now. GSP will be out for a few months getting his wounds healed up. So, how exactly are they significant strikes?

The Truth...

well either that confirms one of two things. hendricks has pillow fists and gsp busts open easy, or GSP has an iron chin.

It confirms that GSP got beat in all facets of MMA. He is a paper champ, and he's retiring because he wants no part of a rematch with hendricks.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free

If significant strikes matter, why do you think Diaz won against Condit?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited November 2013
    12er said:

It confirms that GSP got beat in all facets of MMA. He is a paper champ, and he's retiring because he wants no part of a rematch with hendricks.
    really? gsp hasnt been beat in over 6 years of competing in MMA. cool story bro
    Just givin out the D
    WarWest said:

did condit even land a strike in that fight? i didnt notice because every time i looked up at the fight, condit was running away.

Just givin out the D
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    WarWest said:

I bet you wished you believed now.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

edited November 2013
    12er said:

12er said:

Yes he has, he lost tonight.
    o rlly?

no he didnt. here is your irrefutable proof that gsp did not lose today. Notice the date? Notice St Pierre won via split decision? they even circled that part to make it easier for you mma noobs to spot.

you mad bro?
    Just givin out the D
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,105Free
    WarWest said:

12er said:

12er said:

o rlly?

no he didnt. here is your irrefutable proof that gsp did not lose today.

you mad bro?
    A judges decision proves nothing. He lost. Everyone knows it. Even Dana who has spent 7 years having to explain his WW champ said **** it and admitted he lost.

Deal with it.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    Fight metric gave Hendricks 1,2,4. GPS got 3 and 5. I agreed, although I thought 5th round was closer than that. I thought Hendricks got 5th round also.
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    Every time they showed the stats during the fight, GSP was always ahead.

I guess it depends on who's doing the counting. lol
    edited November 2013
    12er said:

12er said:

12er said:

o rlly?

no he didnt. here is your irrefutable proof that gsp did not lose today.

you mad bro?
    A judges decision proves nothing. He lost. Everyone knows it. Even Dana who has spent 7 years having to explain his WW champ said **** it and admitted he lost.

Deal with it.
    im dealing with it just fine. my boy won the fight tonight and i get to listen to all the haters snivel and cry. i couldnt have asked for better.

its not using wouldve shouldve couldve logic to express my distaste over something. fact is that under the rules of MMA judging, GSP won that fight. you cant argue that. its official. and in the history books. you cant erase it. gsp walked out with the belt. hendricks lost the fight. wikipedia does not lie

i guess ill start parading the vancouver canucks as 2011 stanley cup champions with your derpy logic. oh yeah. i think they should have won. even though they didnt...i just hate the bruins so much and yeah...so its official. even though boston won by the rules of the game and deciding who is victorious, the canucks actually won the cup. everyone knows it, just because its my opinion. Not the 20,000 other people in attendance who got to see the event live. like tonight in las vegas, for instance, where 20,000 other people are chanting "GSP! GSP! GSP" all throughout the fight. obviously they must have been seeing something you werent able to.

the only thing more satisfying than gsp winning and knowing you are butthurt, is knowing that you are wasting $500+ on an xbox one.
    Just givin out the D
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free
    kapst said:

Ahead on stats maybe not reality. If you were a cage fighter and landed a lot of serious shots and controlled the fight and the other fighter landed 50 rabbit punches that did nothing significant trust me you'd feel robbed.
    @idrankyourbeer is entering maximum over-rustle. You can tell because he's typing novels lol.

GSP gets his **** pushed in, IDYB gets rustled, and xbox comes out this week. Greatest week ever.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    waikru said:

WarWest said:

I bet you wished you believed now.
    You're god damn right I do

^:)^
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    12er said:

@idrankyourbeer is entering maximum over-rustle. You can tell because he's typing novels lol.

GSP gets his **** pushed in, IDYB gets rustled, and xbox comes out this week. Greatest week ever.

my boy just defended his title and won another fight. xbox one is coming out so that means less of you and all the other children around the internet. why would i be rustled?
    Just givin out the D
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free

kapst said:

Ahead on stats maybe not reality. If you were a cage fighter and landed a lot of serious shots and controlled the fight and the other fighter landed 50 rabbit punches that did nothing significant trust me you'd feel robbed.
    People, including Johnny, should be complaining more about the round format then, because it doesn't necessarily matter who landed the most damaging strikes when it's all broken down to the particular round they're landed in.

If I scored the fight as a whole, I'd say Johnny won..

Scoring it round by round, it was a close call & a split decision going either way seemed fair to me.

12er said:

my boy just defended his title and won another fight. xbox one is coming out so that means less of you and all the other children around the internet. why would i be rustled?
    I don't know, you tell me. You have a tell, and it is blocks of text.

Blocks of text are a sure sign that your hemorrhoids are flaring up.
    edited November 2013
    kind of like using derpy logic to try to imply that a fighter officially lost a fight that he officially won

thats a sure sign of heavy rustling. haters gonna hate right? GSP FOR LIFE!!!!

one question....do you think on monday when the rankings get updated, that GSP will officially be ranked #1 P4P fighter in MMA?? i do.
    Just givin out the D
    edited November 2013
    oh and btw I'll still be one the forum. Since the goatbox is a next gen piece of tech I can snap the forum up on IE while I'm still playing games and tell the kinect what to type.

Not only will I still be on the forum, I can post even faster since the goatbox is so revolutionary.
    Post edited by 12er on

kind of like using derpy logic to try to imply that a fighter officially lost a fight that he officially won

thats a sure sign of heavy rustling. haters gonna hate right? GSP FOR LIFE!!!!

one question....do you think on monday when the rankings get updated, that GSP will officially be ranked #1 P4P fighter in MMA?? i do.

I think he's going to be stripped of the title by monday for losing a fight and then **** tucking the rematch.
    edited November 2013
    12er said:

oh and btw I'll still be one the forum. Since the goatbox is a next gen piece of text I can snap the forum up on IE while I'm still playing games and tell the kinect what to type.

Not only will I still be on the forum, I can post even faster since the goatbox is so revolutionay.

lol. i doubt the xbone will even integrate flash into its derpy web browser.

so revolutionary? you mean like 720p and DDR3 ?
    Just givin out the D