New Subject: Chael taps to strikes.............

TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 420Free
Not such a gangster after all eh?
Tagged:

Comments

• 12er12er Posts: 10,731Free
    I didn't seem him tap. PM me a gif if you got proof.

12er is turning heel to save the forum

He knows the forum is on life support, with GSP gone, the hate is lacking.

12er's the hero The UFC Fight Club deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. An Iron Jimmie - Carnages41

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,150Free
    edited November 2013
    I was disappoint with Chael. His jiu-jitsu looked terrible and it's been coming along nicely in his last few fights. I believe he put a lot of time into wrestling and striking and didn't prepare much for being on his back.

I also think he gave up a little when he struggled to obtain the positioning he wanted. He didn't fight hard to prevent or contest Rashad's advances.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    Gangstas don't tap brah.
    Sort your facts about before you post on here because your one move away from getting your jaw taken off from the wizard.

Regards

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,061Free
    12er said:

he sort of Brazil tapped but taps a tap
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,809Free
    I don't think Chael's heart/mindset was fully committed in this fight. I see him as more of a person who is just fighting to pick up a paycheck. Pretty much everything he didn't want to be - is what he is now. He wanted to be a champion or nothing else. Then Chael says in the post conference that he didn't even care about the fight with Rashad.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 420Free
    His TDD was surprisingly mediocre as well. It's k though he'll trash talk his way up the division again =P
    It's almost as if when he realizes he's in a fight for the long haul and he probably can't impose his will he just doesn't fight it and will put himself in a worse spot to get it over quickly.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,873Free
    Shogun must feel terrible now.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    He started to tap, but the ref was stopping it anyway..

Like he said, he just couldn't get out of it. No shame in tapping in that position, imo, if you've exhausted all possibilities & realize you can't do anything about it.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    _TUF1_ said:

12er said:

he sort of Brazil tapped but taps a tap
    Brazil taps win fights, real taps lose fights. Either he tap tapped or Brazil tapped. Need a .gif
    On a side note, Rashad was very impressive, when you consider what Chael has done to people like Anderson & Shogun, et al.

I would love to see Rashad at MW eventually, if he sticks with his aggressive wrestling/GnP style.
    Actually Chael was the aggressor Rashad was just better at fighting against the cage.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,873Free
    Rashad was clearly a hell of a lot stronger than Chael too
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    edited November 2013
    kapst said:

Like he said, he just couldn't get out of it. No shame in tapping in that position, imo, if you've exhausted all possibilities & realize you can't do anything about it.

He never even contested the guard pass. When he was stuck in half he made one attempt to control GnP and either re-guard of sit-up to a single and scramble up and when he failed and he just conceded mount didn't bridge or try to elbow escape and just rolled over never tried to use the roll over to elbow escape back to half he just simply gave up even fighting for position

He knew he couldn't take him down so he just plain went belly down got flattened hoping the ref ended it quickly so he wouldn't have to endure a long fight.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Chael wanted to get out early so he could stay healthy for his fight with Wanderlei

kapst said:

He never even contested the guard pass. When he was stuck in half he made one attempt to control GnP and either re-guard of sit-up to a single and scramble up and when he failed and he just conceded mount didn't bridge or try to elbow escape and just rolled over never tried to use the roll over to elbow escape back to half he just simply gave up even fighting for position

He knew he couldn't take him down so he just plain went belly down got flattened hoping the ref ended it quickly so he wouldn't have to endure a long fight.
    He should've done more to begin with, but once he was in that position, he claimed he couldn't even move. I have no reason not to believe him.
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,809Free

Chael wanted to get out early so he could stay healthy for his fight with Wanderlei

Exactly. He didn't care at all about the fight he was in with Rashad as soon as Chael was put in even the slightest harm in that fight.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,633Free
    I really, really wanted Chael to win this fight but it is what it is. Rashad is bigger, stronger, and has great wrestling - in other words, he was just too much for Sonnen. I'm still looking forward to seeing Chael vs Wandy however.

Is it just me, or did Rashad look old last night? Maybe it's the completely shaved head, but the guy looks fifteen years older than when he lost the belt to Machida. Anyway, I don't see him ever holding the title again.
    kapst said:

kapst said:

He should've done more to begin with, but once he was in that position, he claimed he couldn't even move. I have no reason not to believe him.
    Yeah once he got flattened out he probably couldn't move ( although you still can escape from flattened belly down it's just difficult once fully flattened when the opponents hip pressure is all in ) but he never even contested anything before that. He just said here Rashad i'm gonna progressively let you by pass the hierarchy into the best possible position to be in without even putting up a positional fight. Here just advance from A to D because im a nice guy.
    Pretty much. Maybe he should keep his insults too himself till he decides to not concede fights. If that's what fighting your friend is all about maybe they should avoid those bouts in the future.......
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,140Free
    Tapped to strikes and quit.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    It was probably a "fixed" fight, as in Chael didn´t even really try.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    he didnt really try but i dont think it was fixed. Just chael is on the money train and cares 0 about fighting and more about talking and payday
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free
    He was beat senseless he couldn't even stand up and crawled to the stool he was that **** up from the T/KO, I saw his hand try to tap but I don't know for sure if he did my friend said he did though. You can tell once Chael is on his back he panics and doesn't seem to know what to do he just seems to except defeat.

I hope Wanderlei is working his takedown defence, getting up from the bottom and submissions he can win this fight imo.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    i think wandy wins
    "Believe in the beard"

• keykey Posts: 363Free
    I can sympathize with him to be honest. Lots of times in training I get flattened out by the heavier lads and have no where to go, its a difficult position to get out of.

And all you "Alphas" out there get over yourselves, If Rashad had your back and was smashing you I doubt ya'll would just accept the beating when you can submit.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,731Free

He was beat senseless he couldn't even stand up and crawled to the stool he was that **** up from the T/KO, I saw his hand try to tap but I don't know for sure if he did my friend said he did though. You can tell once Chael is on his back he panics and doesn't seem to know what to do he just seems to except defeat.

I hope Wanderlei is working his takedown defence, getting up from the bottom and submissions he can win this fight imo.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, Wandy isn't on Rashads level. Wandy will be on his back in the first 30 seconds.

12er is turning heel to save the forum

He knows the forum is on life support, with GSP gone, the hate is lacking.

12er's the hero The UFC Fight Club deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. An Iron Jimmie - Carnages41

wandy is a better wrestler than shogun at least
    "Believe in the beard"

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free
    12er said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up, Wandy isn't on Rashads level. Wandy will be on his back in the first 30 seconds.
    Not in the wrestling department I'll agree but I've never seen him get laid on he always works to get up or has submission attempts he almost caught Bisping in a guillotine which was impressive since Bisping is a really underrated grappler, his TDD is usually very good too and Chael hasn't shown much since that first Anderson fight you know I'm gonna back Wand all the way lol maybe I'm wrong but we'll have to find out.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Rashad is a beast. Can't blame him.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -