For the peeps who watched the ufc 167 post fight conference

bartolinibartolini Posts: 668Ultimate
edited November 2013 in UFC
I thought Hendricks won the fight, but I couldn't stop laughing when he said he fought at 70% and later said there was nothing else he could do more to win the fight. Anyone else find this humorous?
Post edited by bartolini on
HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE

Comments

• iamdylanriamdylanr Posts: 423Free
    Yeah that was pretty dumb, even Dana White thought so.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    edited November 2013
    That was a pretty dumb statement to make in front of Dana. Chael was laughing his *** off.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• RoezCityRoezCity Posts: 233Free
    Yeah Dana called him out on the 70% lol. Trying to be too cool for school.

some_text

some_text
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    hendricks meant to say he had a measured approach so he won't gas in the chmapionship rds. dana should know about strategy and should have known better and left it at that.
    What??
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,892Free
    Jason_H. said:

hendricks meant to say he had a measured approach so he won't gas in the chmapionship rds. dana should know about strategy and should have known better and left it at that.

Dana is mad cos of the decision and the backlash that will follow.

Saying you should of went 100% and not left it in the hands of the judges is a fair statement
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    That was really the dumpest **** **** I have ever heard at a PC...
    And this v
    Identity said:

Jason_H. said:

Saying you should of went 100% and not left it in the hands of the judges is a fair statement
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    Identity said:

Jason_H. said:

Dana was just pissed. No mma fighter goes 100% except for Leonard Garcia. Dana knows the sport of mma just as well as any other and I'm sure he knew what hendricks meant. Dana just took his aggression out on Hendricks which was not fair. Hendricks did everything right in this fight.
    What??
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Hendricks could have finished the fight easily but chose to play it safe(ironically).

He still didn't deserve a decision that horrendous though.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    he was throwing with 70% power to make sure he could last a 5 round fight. if he had thrown with 100% and failed to ko gsp then i reckon gsp would have taken the decision decisively
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    Dana White is a bald bozo **** and Bigg Rigg is rustled because he got outworked

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,149Free
    It makes perfect sense. He was pacing himself, and you could see it.

If you think the gameplan is dumb, that's another argument.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Well since he was able to just pick up the best trained athlete at 170 and just spin him around like he was nothing,i guess Johnny is trying to admit he does use roids?So if he was 100% he would have picked GSP up and bench pressed him?
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • danadriodanadrio Posts: 2Free
    Definitely thought that was a stupid comment from Hendricks....really.......70%......could it be that someone is making excuses because he couldn't knock him out??
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    danadrio said:

Definitely thought that was a stupid comment from Hendricks....really.......70%......could it be that someone is making excuses because he couldn't knock him out??

He doesn't need excuses since he won he obviously feels he could do better tho and probably thinks he might get passed over and not get his rematch.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    edited November 2013
    He didn't say he fought at 70%, he said he was punching at 70% power. Probably to avoid gassing. Most fighters do this. There might be 5 guys that can go 100% for 5 rounds
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • danadriodanadrio Posts: 2Free

He doesn't need excuses since he won he obviously feels he could do better tho and probably thinks he might get passed over and not get his rematch.

Well....actually he didn't win....and saying he was only throwing 70% was an excuse...no fighter in their right mind who is fighting the fight of their life for a UFC Title is only trying 70% to finish that fight. Give me a break. I like both fighters so I really have no bias. I do have bias towards poor losers and he acted like a baby. He couldn't finish the champ and he left it to the judges...that's his fault, as well as Pierre's for not doing the same for himself so as not to have such a controversial win on his record. You would think if he was only using 70% of his "power" and still hadn't knocked Pierre out that he might have picked it up to 100% by the last round to finish him.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free

danadrio said:

Every fighters feel they can do better though
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    edited November 2013
    danadrio said:

Well....actually he didn't win....and saying he was only throwing 70% was an excuse...no fighter in their right mind who is fighting the fight of their life for a UFC Title is only trying 70% to finish that fight. Give me a break. I like both fighters so I really have no bias. I do have bias towards poor losers and he acted like a baby. He couldn't finish the champ and he left it to the judges...that's his fault, as well as Pierre's for not doing the same for himself so as not to have such a controversial win on his record. You would think if he was only using 70% of his "power" and still hadn't knocked Pierre out that he might have picked it up to 100% by the last round to finish him.

I haven't seen the post fight yet but YH is saying Hendricks said he wasn't throwing 100% POWER which is fair considering how he throws he wouldn't last four rounds doing that. Also just because a bs decision happened doesn't mean it's a ok call whether it went to the judges or not it was a bad decision, Johnny was trying to finish it didn't happen with the game plan which is obviously not to go too wild and waste energy against a guy who could take full advantage when he's gassed. As for going a 100% in the last round both guys were absolutely exhausted it's rare to see a finish that late in the fight it was GSP looking for the finish out of sheer desperation in the end coz him and his camp knew he was beat.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Not fight 70%. He said he threw his punches at 70% to reserve energy for the championship rounds.

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    edited November 2013
    Fans are just dumb and Dana doesn't understand because he's not a fighter.

Putting 70% into punches is just efficient and smart.

If Hendricks goes 100% he's gonna get tired quicker, become predictable telegraphing loading up, he'll miss & end up over commit reaching making it harder to recover balance or flow following up all of which makes him much easier to get counter struck or taken down.

Hendricks fought a near perfect fight.
    Post edited by StompGrind on