Zahabi Opens Up About GSP's Fight and Future

_TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,162Free
Couple interesting quotes

"He lives a certain lifestyle" :>

"Every day is centered around training; he doesn’t have a well balanced life at all." i don't understand this at all because he fights about half as much as any other fighter and he had a year and half lay off last year.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/18/firas-zahabi-fifth-round-won-georges-st-pierre-fight-against-johny-hendricks/
My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

Tagged:

Comments

• najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    _TUF1_ said:

"Every day is centered around training; he doesn’t have a well balanced life at all." i don't understand this at all because he fights about half as much as any other fighter and he had a year and half lay off last year.

What exactly do you not get in the phrase "every day"? Are you a slow person or what?

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,162Free
    najma said:

_TUF1_ said:

What exactly do you not get in the phrase "every day"? Are you a slow person or what?

that's BS imo. If he was really training everyday their's no reason for him to only fight once every 8 months (excluding his injury) why wouldn't he ask for my fights being the highest paid fighter in the sport if he's always in training shape. And he's coming off a year and a half lay off, should be hungrier now more than ever. Just my opinion.
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Gsp has fought 3 times in 12 months so that's a fight every 4 months, pretty active if you ask me.

It's impossible to get a woman pregnant when you don't sleep with them
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Gabri1985 said:

Gsp has fought 3 times in 12 months so that's a fight every 4 months, pretty active if you ask me.

lol fights once every 6 months for 3 years before his injury, fights 3 times in a year and needs a vacation. Tough times.

_TUF1_ said:

Gabri1985 said:

lol fights once every 6 months for 3 years before his injury, fights 3 times in a year and needs a vacation. Tough times.
    so where did you get every 8 months from?
    Tyson fought 13+ times a year a couple times in his career. Active is 4-5 times a year for MMA imo.
    Post edited by _TUF1_ on

Gabri1985 said:

_TUF1_ said:

Gabri1985 said:

GSP's pregnancy

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,961Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Tyson fought 13+ times a year a couple times in his career. Active is 4-5 times a year for MMA imo.

There are so many fighters in the UFC its impossible for them to fight 5 timss a year.
    _TUF1_ said:

Gabri1985 said:

_TUF1_ said:

good luck finding any of the big names fighting that often.

_TUF1_ said:

There are so many fighters in the UFC its impossible for them to fight 5 timss a year.
    lol Cerrone fought 5 times in 2011 and has already fought 4 times this year. And Jones fought 5 times in 14 months as champ. 2 times a year is just embarrassing.

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    edited November 2013
    _TUF1_ said:

najma said:

_TUF1_ said:

that's BS imo. If he was really training everyday their's no reason for him to only fight once every 8 months (excluding his injury) why wouldn't he ask for my fights being the highest paid fighter in the sport if he's always in training shape. And he's coming off a year and a half lay off, should be hungrier now more than ever. Just my opinion.
    Could be a mental thing, maybe he trains hard every day to the point of not really knowing how to live an actual life, but he puts so much pressure on himself to win that he still doesn't feel it is enough and he can't handle the stress of more fights. Wouldn't be the first athlete to let his sport start messing with his head, and I really think that GSP might have developed some real issues as far as his mental state goes.
    Post edited by Brent555 on
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited November 2013
    To understand you need to know what he actually does.
    He meeting with all kinds of different people to train with and those can be several weeks at a time.TONS of media work for the UFC for FREE.
    The part that bothers me the most,is Firas,he is the guy that has to bring GSP's game together.all those other guys can teach him stuff,but if he can't use it in a fight,what is the sense?
    I don't want to calculate the years but GSP has been fighting a long time and there has ONLY been two things to his game,jabs and TD's.That was the first fight i actually saw GSP throw several meaningful kicks,albeit all up high,nothing low.Even the dumbest coach in MMA can just watch other fights and see how effective kicks can be.Rogan was pointing out in one the fights "the Ebersole fight" on that card how one fighter should have thrown many more and could have ended the fight on kicks.

GSP also in every single one of his fights has a chance to go for the back and NEVER does.His guard is not active what so ever,he merely tries to wait for a chance to get up but never goes for any submissions unless he sees 10 seconds left in the round.What i have seen is his form is really bad,he often is grimacing trying to sue arm strength rather than technique.There are a LOT more holes in his game than what i mentioned,example he doesn't hold his hands properly when striking and tends to back up more often than side stepping and countering.

How can his game be so full of holes and still dominate the way he has?Easy the sport is dominated by wrestlers with no other skills or BJJ guys with no wrestling,or plain strikers with no ground game at all.

Just look at the many guys who have made it to the top or made it to title fights,there is still to this day,not a heck of a lot of skill.There seems to be a MUCH bigger trend to PDE TRT use and building strength than building skills.IMO there is NOT a lot of good coaches out there,either that or the fighters are not smart enough to adapt training to the Octagon.

Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Gabri1985 said:

_TUF1_ said:

Gabri1985 said:

GSP's pregnancy
    :))
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    What is super annoying reading that is DANA WHITE.Is he ever not a moron?
    "He is obligated to fight".NO HE IS NOT you moron,it is his life,he chooses what he does not White.

Then he downplays one of his employees personal issues,i guess he could have some sympathy but no he is more worried about his stupid business and treating the fighters like disposable trash.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • KuDKuD Posts: 60Free
    So apparently GSP is getting sued for millions by Shari Spencer, his ex-manager. That would keep me awake at night for sure...
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    GSP's ape technique put Hendricks down

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    zaksame said:

What is super annoying reading that is DANA WHITE.Is he ever not a moron?
    "He is obligated to fight".NO HE IS NOT you moron,it is his life,he chooses what he does not White.

Then he downplays one of his employees personal issues,i guess he could have some sympathy but no he is more worried about his stupid business and treating the fighters like disposable trash.

I think I read somewhere that signing a contract obligates you to do the task you signed on the dotted line to do.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    i dont know why they let the fight continue. hendricks tapped out early in the first.

incompetant referees i guess. at least yamasaki is a little better than winslow
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Couple interesting quotes

"He lives a certain lifestyle" :>

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/18/firas-zahabi-fifth-round-won-georges-st-pierre-fight-against-johny-hendricks/

is it you that keeps making this ridiculous point or is this a consensus among the crayons?

how do you think he stayed champ all this time? i dont see him knocking no one out in 2 minutes. he wins 25 minute grind fests, you dont just wake up and go do that. he does it and the pro across from him cant keep up and he grinds out the win. thats the result of non stop training.

gsp champ reign has been ALL about putting in the most work, not by being the best guy.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    Last man who blamed personal issues for his performance instead of learning from his mistakes didn't turn out very happy