Only an idiot...

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
edited November 2013 in UFC
...would believe that an experienced veteran of the octagon would attempt to stop his opponent from advancing their position by lightly swatting away at their thighs.
Post edited by Megasoup on
Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    MilesGun said:

Are you calling yourself an idiot?

I'm saying that Hendricks tapped. This notion that he was using a defensive maneuver is BS.

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    AA = Alcoholics Anonymous
    Megasoup said:

MilesGun said:

I'm saying that Hendricks tapped. This notion that he was using a defensive maneuver is BS.
    Idiot!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Why do you open a second thread about the ''imaginary'' tap there is already a thread.. smh!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

It's a clarification on a detail that may have been lost in the many words exchanged in the other thread.

Megasoup said:

It's a clarification on a detail that may have been lost in the many words exchanged in the other thread.

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    There was no tap. They were both struggling and back and forth motion made Hendricks' hand wave in the air. That's all it was.
    What??
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    lol. no. Hendricks tapped. He did well after getting away with it but he certainly 'pulled a sonnen'

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,153Free
    Are you the guy who used to create threads every week to write about stuff nobody cares?

Huh. Guess you're still doing it.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I did not really see it to be honest,not so sure i could watch that fight again,it was not that good a fight.I do vaguely remember seeing Johnny do something with his hand just in course of watching the fight but i never thought to really look and see if he would tap.My first instinct was that GSP rarely holds onto moves so i figured he was about to let go anytime soon.

I do not doubt GSP can finish a lot of opponents,i think he is more unsure of himself and that is a lack of proper training.He should realize however that no way can a fighter always dominate with jabs or wrestling,sooner or later your going to need some other way to win.I would also think he is getting tired of 5 round fights,that is extremely taxing on a body and why he needs so much rest.I also do not understand why Firas is training him everyday,he should be getting rest periods,days off.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,901Free
    edited November 2013
    lol just go watch the replay and use diferent cameras and you will see is a matter of angle, if anyone would have thought it was a tap, the first one to have cried about it would have been Zahabi or the same GSP, and you can listen to the audio of GSP corner and they say nothing when it happened.

Blind GSP nuthuggers gonna nuthug.
    Post edited by amunera on
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,072Elite
    edited November 2013
    It's like fight or flight... Natural instinct or true colors for laymens.
    Post edited by PakaL on
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    I know your not serious, but...

Yea looks like a tap to me, that choke lasted wayyyyyy to long for anyone not to have gone to sleep. Remember humans can only hold their breath for .8 seconds, anything longer and they go unconscious.
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,072Elite

Are you the guy who used to create threads every week to write about stuff nobody cares?

Huh. Guess you're still doing it.

HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Cole1186 said:

I know your not serious, but...

Yea looks like a tap to me, that choke lasted wayyyyyy to long for anyone not to have gone to sleep. Remember humans can only hold their breath for .8 seconds, anything longer and they go unconscious.

You can't be serious right? This choke cuts off blood flow to the brain. Please don't make good Silva fans like myself look any more stupid than you morons already do.

OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,153Free
    FroZeN said:

Please don't make good Silva fans like myself look any more stupid than you morons already do.

y u mad doe

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    Megasoup said:

MilesGun said:

gsp used the head to try to secure a better position he wasnt even choking hendricks
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Megasoup said:

...would believe that an experienced veteran of the octagon would attempt to stop his opponent from advancing their position by lightly swatting away at their thighs.

You clearly don't understand Jiu-Jitsu so i will school you.

Lesson 1: That choke wasn't even sunk in that deep. George's hips were too high it's not enough pressure to finish it. Once Johny trapped his leg in half that choke was doomed. George tried to swing his leg over to mount so he could flatten his hips out and apply real pressure but once Hendricks traps his leg in half it's over.

Lesson 2: Hendricks had an underhook and got a halfguard ( trapping it so he couldn't switch base back stepping to block getting rolled ) With the underhook and a quick left leg bridge or butterfly hook while keeping his right leg trapping George's right leg he could have been rolled onto his left shoulder and hip.

Lesson 3: Hendricks passes his elbow inside and uses it to pry Georges support knee/thigh which straightened Georges leg giving him a weak base on that side so George had let go of the choke and base with his left hand to prevent being rolled to that side.

Class dismissed. Now bow to your sensei and go get drunk, do some salsa and bang some chicks.
    I'm a pretty good grappler, man.

PunchBag said:

Megasoup said:

MilesGun said:

gsp used the head to try to secure a better position he wasnt even choking hendricks
    This is his fighting style for almost 6 years now, he never tries to go for a finish his only goal is to get a better position to prevend the stand up part of MMA, he struggles more and more tho, look at his face after his last two fights!! A one trick Pony....

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    This topic sucks. Can you just go away?
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    to me it does not look like a tap. even if it were it could have been that phantom tap to get them to just release you know
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    edited November 2013
    Megasoup said:

Megasoup said:

Lesson 1: That choke wasn't even sunk in that deep. George's hips were too high it's not enough pressure to finish it. Once Johny trapped his leg in half that choke was doomed. George tried to swing his leg over to mount so he could flatten his hips out and apply real pressure but once Hendricks traps his leg in half it's over.

Lesson 2: Hendricks had an underhook and got a halfguard ( trapping it so he couldn't switch base back stepping to block getting rolled ) With the underhook and a quick left leg bridge or butterfly hook while keeping his right leg trapping George's right leg he could have been rolled onto his left shoulder and hip.

Lesson 3: Hendricks passes his elbow inside and uses it to pry Georges support knee/thigh which straightened Georges leg giving him a weak base on that side so George had let go of the choke and base with his left hand to prevent being rolled to that side.

Class dismissed. Now bow to your sensei and go get drunk, do some salsa and bang some chicks.
    I'm a pretty good grappler, man.
    A pretty good troll too i suppose. =))
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

Megasoup said:

=D>
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,895Free

Megasoup said:

Thread/
    I smile every time I read the UFC section

"Only an idiot... Megasoup"

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,423Free

I smile everytime I see you post here ;)
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

I smile everytime I see you post here ;)
    Good news: I'm single