Chael Sonnen can only beat non wrestlers at 205, and anyone at 185 lbs

TheOne2020TheOne2020 Posts: 30Free
Will be interesting what route sonnen takes after the wanderlai fight
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    He'd lose to Belfort, Weidman, Jacare and Silva again, 185 is the better division for him though.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    agree with the above post

machida would also beat chael imo

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

Yeah agreed I knew I was missing someone
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • TheOne2020TheOne2020 Posts: 30Free
    disagree about belfort, the belfort fight may go down like randy couture vs belfort fight
    That's Belfort from a long time ago I've never seen him look better than he has recently
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    I felt the fight was rigged. It was a horrible and unlikely ending from a tough SOB like Chael.
    What??
    Jason_H. said:

I felt the fight was rigged. It was a horrible and unlikely ending from a tough SOB like Chael.

Really? I could see maybe his heart wasn't as in it as say a grudge fight like his past few fights have been since Rashad was his friend but I never thought it was rigged, they'd have made it more competitive instead of him getting his **** kicked like that. It was a terrible stylistic match up for him and if you remember his last 2 fights excluding Shogun he folded quite easily under the pressure.

Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • ThisiswarThisiswar Posts: 499Free
    Jason_H. said:

HAHAHAHA
    They see me trolling, they hating' patrollin' And tryin' to catch me trolling dirty!!
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,764Free

That's Belfort from a long time ago I've never seen him look better than he has recently

Yea because he's been fighting weak kick boxers. The only grappler he's beaten recently was akiyama and he is a can.

Other than that he beat a pillow fisted can like Bisping. Another pillow fisted striker in Luke Rockhold, he tapped out rumblecan. And managed to KO a 43 year old Hendo that should have retired two years ago.

It's not like he's been crushing wrestlers left and right.
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free

Jason_H. said:

Really? I could see maybe his heart wasn't as in it as say a grudge fight like his past few fights have been since Rashad was his friend but I never thought it was rigged, they'd have made it more competitive instead of him getting his **** kicked like that. It was a terrible stylistic match up for him and if you remember his last 2 fights excluding Shogun he folded quite easily under the pressure.

It was the way he folded. He literally gave up eventhough he hadn't received that much punishment yet. And the hollywood flailing of the legs just made it seemed suspicious.

What??
    edited November 2013
    12er said:

Yea because he's been fighting weak kick boxers. The only grappler he's beaten recently was akiyama and he is a can.

Other than that he beat a pillow fisted can like Bisping. Another pillow fisted striker in Luke Rockhold, he tapped out rumblecan. And managed to KO a 43 year old Hendo that should have retired two years ago.

Bisping arguably and imo beat Sonnen he hasn't beat a really strong grappler yet that's fair to say but Belfort is definitely better now than the Randy fight and he destroys Sonnen I think, he could submit him on the ground or KO him on the feet which is more likely.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    Jason_H. said:

Jason_H. said:

It was the way he folded. He literally gave up eventhough he hadn't received that much punishment yet. And the hollywood flailing of the legs just made it seemed suspicious.

He was a little like that with Jones although he was hurt in that fight. I just think he doesn't know what to do when he's on his back coz he's not used to it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

12er said:

Bisping arguably and imo beat Sonnen he hasn't beat a really strong grappler yet that's fair to say but Belfort is definitely better now than the Randy fight and he destroys Sonnen I think, he could submit him on the ground or KO him on the feet which is more likely.
    Yea but MMA math is retarded. Just because Bisping did a good job stopping the take down doesn't mean Vitor will.
    12er said:

12er said:

Yea but MMA math is retarded. Just because Bisping did a good job stopping the take down doesn't mean Vitor will.
    Yeah I know styles make fights I'm just saying Bisping isn't that bad Sonnen even said he hits hard he doesn't have one hit power but still.

As far as a fight between Vitor and Sonnen goes it's just my opinion that Vitor wins I think he can finish Chael standing and if it goes down he could submit him that's how I see it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Instead of jumping around and looking for lucrative fights ,he should step out and learn some skills.It is however probably too late now,so he is looking for as many pay days as he can get and probably move into tv commentary.

Even his wrestling is weak,no different than most others but still weak.He could just improve his wrestling moves alone and probably do better.I have noticed that sometimes Sonnen just seems to not have it,his last versus Silva,although he missed that spinning back fist,he simply quit right after that,he did not even try at all.Soon as Rashad got him down,he seemed to quit again,almost like saying "I just don't have it tonight,so i give up".He did not look good versus Bisping either.

Sonnen is your proto typical non athlete fighter and that is his biggest problem,he does not have the natural body to be a top notch athlete,he simply uses his years of wrestling to get by.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

12er said:

12er said:

Yeah I know styles make fights I'm just saying Bisping isn't that bad Sonnen even said he hits hard he doesn't have one hit power but still.

As far as a fight between Vitor and Sonnen goes it's just my opinion that Vitor wins I think he can finish Chael standing and if it goes down he could submit him that's how I see it.
    Vitor could win, no doubt about it. I just think that Chael is a harder fight for Vitor than his last 5.

12er said:

12er said:

12er said:

Vitor could win, no doubt about it. I just think that Chael is a harder fight for Vitor than his last 5.

Yeah stylistically he's probably a tougher fight coz Chael will not look to strike at all. I actually thought Bisping would go to his wrestling now and again instead of just striking but he didn't.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    edited November 2013

12er said:

12er said:

12er said:

Yeah stylistically he's probably a tougher fight coz Chael will not look to strike at all. I actually thought Bisping would go to his wrestling now and again instead of just striking but he didn't.
    That's because Spits honestly thought he could outstrike Anderson, so why wouldn't he think he could take Belfort? His IQ probably dropped 33 points from the H bomb alone.
    Post edited by 12er on
    12er said:

12er said:

12er said:

12er said:

That's because Spits honestly thought he could outstrike Anderson, so why wouldn't he think he could take Belfort? His IQ probably dropped 33 points from the H bomb alone.
    Lol Silva would definitely handle him he should have fought smarter he'd do better in a lot of his fights against strikers.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free

He'd lose to Belfort, Weidman, Jacare and Silva again, 185 is the better division for him though.

He'd beat Belfort, lose to Weidman, could beat Jacare and a rubbermatch with Silva would be interesting

He'd beat Belfort, lose to Weidman, could beat Jacare and a rubbermatch with Silva would be interesting
    Silva would smash him again no need for a rubber match, I'm really confident Jacare has his number no matter where the fight goes.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Wolf1989Wolf1989 Posts: 326Free
    edited November 2013
    Jacare is a submission god whose recently developed KO striking ability face it or not hes a nightmare for Sonnen kinda like a stronger better version of Maia
    Post edited by Wolf1989 on
    JDS, Fedor, DC, Overeem, Swanson, Ferreira, E.Silva, Weidman, Sonnen, W.Silva, Belfort, J.Miller, Rothwell, Mitrione, Poirier, Barao, Gustafsson, Shogun, Munoz , Boetch, Maia, Jacare, Condit, Kampmann,Hendricks, Teixeria, Grant, Bendo, Cerrone, Pettis, Penn, Sanchez
    Wolf1989 said:

Jacare is a submission god whose recently developed KO striking ability face it or not hes a nightmare for Sonnen kinda like a stronger better version of Maia

Pretty much. I don't see how Sonnen wins that fight.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    Jason_H. said:

Jason_H. said:

The thought of it being fixed didn't cross my mind before, but you are right about the flailing legs.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free

Jason_H. said:

Jason_H. said:

The thought of it being fixed didn't cross my mind before, but you are right about the flailing legs.
    It's a definite possibility, but I believe that Sonnen is more of a pay check collector at this point in his career. Rather then really going after wins and moving up the ladder to challenge for championships. Basically, he's a hypocrite of how he once mentioned that he'd quit the sport if he wasn't going to challenge for championship matches. He's going after "grudge" matches where the grudge aspect happened more then 3 years ago, rather then fighting someone who can move him up the ranking ladder in the MW division.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,133Free

Jason_H. said:

Jason_H. said:

No, he is not. That was Chael trying to get his legs under Rashad's feet to put him out balance. Rashad was too established and Chael exploding looking a bit pathetic.

I'm not saying it wasn't rigged (even though I don't think it was), I'm just saying that was completely justifiable.

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free

Jason_H. said:

Jason_H. said:

No, he is not. That was Chael trying to get his legs under Rashad's feet to put him out balance. Rashad was too established and Chael exploding looking a bit pathetic.

I'm not saying it wasn't rigged (even though I don't think it was), I'm just saying that was completely justifiable.
    OK, I can understand that. I was so happy to see Sonnen lose that I just enjoyed his legs flailing like a young child throwing a temper tantrum.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors