You just lost a fan! Hendricks vs. GSP

SigjaSigja Posts: 1Free
Dear UFC.

After watching Hendricks vs. GSP I couldn't believe that Hendricks lost. I have always thought the judges to be very fair. But in this match it wasn't the case. The match reminded me of an old boxing match where the champion wins even though being clearly beaten by the challenger. Has UFC become like boxing in the old days where the challenger's only way to win is by knocking out the champion? Has UFC turned into a commercial company who wants to make money rather than being a fair sport? I hope not...

Sorry to say it but you just lost a fan :(

Comments

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,202Free

UFC has nothing to do with the athletic commissions choice in refs or judges.

Also if you're gonna rage quit over a bad decision then you weren't a real fan to begin with.

I was a real fan of boxing for many years. I just woke up one day and decided I had enough of the bs.
    What??
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,015Free
    It's good these kinda things happen so early in MMA as there is still time for it to be fixed.

Imagine this being Football/soccer or basketball or something then you would have had all kinds of protests and backlashes.
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Bad decisions are inevitable when fighters choose to leave it to the judges. It's part of the sport, & fighters lose their right to complain when they make the choice to let it go to them. Hendricks was stupid to take it for granted & coast in the 5th Round. His corner drastically exaggerated how well he was doing & gave him bad advice, imo.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,603Free
    There's no need to be upset @Sigja just another robbery... We all know that Hendricks won that fight with ease 49 - 46
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,456Free
    12er said:

Also if you're gonna rage quit over a bad decision then you weren't a real fan to begin with.

It is a bomb with the word truth on it as to symbolize StompGrind just dropped a truth bomb on the OP.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Sigja said:

Dear UFC.

After watching Hendricks vs. GSP I couldn't believe that Hendricks lost. I have always thought the judges to be very fair. But in this match it wasn't the case. The match reminded me of an old boxing match where the champion wins even though being clearly beaten by the challenger. Has UFC become like boxing in the old days where the challenger's only way to win is by knocking out the champion? Has UFC turned into a commercial company who wants to make money rather than being a fair sport? I hope not...

don't leave...IDYB will counsel you...
    =))
  • dochalidaydochaliday Posts: 4Premium
    Sigja said:

Dear UFC.

I have no problem with your opinion, in fact I agree Hendricks won the fight BUT you make it sound like this is the first time the judges blew a call. You are aware this happens at least once on virtually every card?
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,819Free
    Sigja said:

Dear UFC.

Cool story, bro. Come back and tell it again.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Haha you been a fan but thought judging has always been fair?You know what judging is right,it is opinion,there is no real concrete criteria to score like a hockey game the puck goes in you score or a football game you cross the goal line you get a TD.
    I a ma firm believer that the UFC has made this sport worse,they should lose some of the fights on these cards and prolong better fights until an actual winner is pronounced and not some judges score card.

You accomplish this with NO ROUNDS,the fight goes until the ref stops it or one guy taps out or verbally quits.Perhaps only 5 main card fights per event.You know why the UFC wants this huge stable of fighters,it allows them to market in more countries,so they have SELFISH agenda behind running this sport.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,271Free
    12er said:

That clown gif is p4p lmao

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    kapst said:

Bad decisions are inevitable when fighters choose to leave it to the judges. It's part of the sport, & fighters lose their right to complain when they make the choice to let it go to them. Hendricks was stupid to take it for granted & coast in the 5th Round. His corner drastically exaggerated how well he was doing & gave him bad advice, imo.

Agreed on all points. The fight was closer than a lot of people think, at least according to the ten point must system. I had Hendricks 48-47 which, despite the claims that he "dominated" GSP, paints a different picture. Winning three out of five rounds may give you the fight, but it's not like he went out there and beat the brakes of GSP for 25 minutes. It is rightfully called a controversial decision - it is - but Hendricks did not destroy/dominate/crush/demolish GSP. He took it to the judges' scorecards, and that was a gamble he lost (even though I, as most other do, think he should have won). Yes, GSP looked abused after the fight, but we've seen far, far worse beatings.
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 556Free
    Identity said:

It's good these kinda things happen so early in MMA as there is still time for it to be fixed.

Imagine this being Football/soccer or basketball or something then you would have had all kinds of protests and backlashes.

seriously? This stuff happens all the time is soccer/boxing.. ect
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    All of the judges scored every round the same baring the first which two gave to gsp, after that they all gave Hendricks 2+4 and gsp 3+5. People saying its the worst call ever are very wide of the mark.

All of the judges scored every round the same baring the first which two gave to gsp, after that they all gave Hendricks 2+4 and gsp 3+5. People saying its the worst call ever are very wide of the mark.

GSP got the **** beat out of him, but in a technical, nerdy, unimpressive way, he won.

Honest truth.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,105Free
    Whatever. Goodbye fake fan, you won't be missed.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • benoit91benoit91 joliettePosts: 6Ultimate
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,372Free
    benoit91 said:

Gsp won round 1-3-5 so....

No he didn't, so......
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• SigjaSigja Posts: 1Free
    Hi fans.
    Thanks for all your feedback. I didn't know that UFC didn't point out the judges. I understand all your points of view. Maybe I'll watch the rematch between Silva and Weidman after all.
    Peace :-)
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,372Free
    Sigja said:

Hi fans.
    Thanks for all your feedback. I didn't know that UFC didn't point out the judges. I understand all your points of view. Maybe I'll watch the rematch between Silva and Weidman after all.
    Peace :-)

No worries about judges there because WeidGOAT is going to finish Silva again.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
    benoit91 said:

Gsp won round 1-3-5 so....

Lol....... No.
  • KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    Hendricks should of done more if he wanted the fight. Pressure GSP all the way, he doesn't like pressure. He had opportunities to take it to him and overwhelm him since GSP doesn't put much power in his shots, he didn't have to worry about getting knocked out. Instead, GSP ended up having octagon control for the majority of the fight and was first to engage most of the time, hendricks was countering all the time and needed to be more aggressive in my opinion. Where was hendrick's relentless pressure and gnp? I also think that Hendricks was told he was easily winning so he coasted somewhat, that was a bone-headed move because really close fights like this one tend to favour the champion in almost all cases. Round 1 was close and I believe should have went to GSP no matter how many times I watched it so I don't know why people thought it was a complete domination by Hendricks. Even the way Hendricks put up his hands after the fight thinking he won, that was such a fail move, when he did that, I laughed because I knew it could go to GSP. GSP needs to retire though.
    Gabri1985 said:

Absolutely. Everyone agrees on Rounds 2 through 5.

Looking at the fight as a whole makes no sense with the 10 point must system in place, so it all comes down to Round 1, which was extremely close - perhaps one of the hardest rounds to score in UFC history considering what was at stake. So anyone who really thinks it was the worst call ever, considering that one round & the 10 point must system in place, is a complete & utter moron, tbph.
    ijosef said:

kapst said:

Agreed on all points. The fight was closer than a lot of people think, at least according to the ten point must system. I had Hendricks 48-47 which, despite the claims that he "dominated" GSP, paints a different picture. Winning three out of five rounds may give you the fight, but it's not like he went out there and beat the brakes of GSP for 25 minutes. It is rightfully called a controversial decision - it is - but Hendricks did not destroy/dominate/crush/demolish GSP. He took it to the judges' scorecards, and that was a gamble he lost (even though I, as most other do, think he should have won). Yes, GSP looked abused after the fight, but we've seen far, far worse beatings.
    100% spot on.