GSP should retire, and the belt should be given to Hendricks.

JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
I'm not hating on GSP here. I'm actually on his side this time, but it was obvious GSP should have lost that fight. Since his knee injury he has been on a downward slope, taking 3 beatings in a row, and this time getting dominated everywhere in the octagon. Its easy to tell that he does not want to be in the octagon anymore, he's getting slower, his legendary cardio is falling, and he's taking crazy damage.

I felt bad for GSP after the fight and during the press conference. He gets beat the **** up, the judges give him the fight against his will and suddenly its his fault for "winning" the fight, even Dana is at GSP's throat after all the years and PPV money GSP has earned him. I think GSP is on the verge of brain damage and all Dana can think of is the rematch, instead of the well being of one of his best fighters and company men. GSP dosnt owe Dana ****.

I truly believe GSP should retire and the belt be awarded to Hendricks, even Condit thinks Hendricks deserves it. GSP dosnt need to put himself at risk for permanent damage for the UFC.
I know we all like to bash on GSP in here. GSP is gay, GSP is LnP, GSP cant finish (he cant), GSP is grease/roids etc. But the truth is GSP is one of the best representatives of the UFC, his work ethic is second to few, and he's an all around good guy with good morals for MMA. He's put the better part of his life into fighting the absolute best WW has to offer, and even though he dosnt finish fights, he is still a great fighter.

GSP deserves to retire in peace, without pressure from Dana trying to suck one more PPV out of him.

I'm not necessarily a fan of GSP lately, but I would hate to see such a charismatic star of MMA become crippled with a brain injury. And I hope even GSP's biggest haters would agree with that.
FEB. 2010
Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
Tagged:

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    PATSTER said:

The belt should be given to Matt Brown.

perfect. So Condit can take it away.
    FEB. 2010
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,158Free
    That has got to be the most stupid thing I've heard. Hendricks and the number 2 guy will fight for the belt. End of discussion.
    What??
    Jason_H. said:

That has got to be the most stupid thing I've heard. Hendricks and the number 2 guy will fight for the belt. End of discussion.

Im all for Condit smashing Hendricks in a 5 round war. But if you read the thread instead of just the title its more of a post about why GSP should retire.

who cares where the belt goes.
    FEB. 2010
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,066Elite
    Wrong answer GsP took everything the rig had to offer, and survived don't believe the 70 % hype. Dude is just saving face
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 775Free
    Jason_H. said:

Seems you haven't heard really stupid things in your life. What part of what the OP said is stupid ? He has a point and mentioned it perfectly clear.

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited November 2013
    nahh.

gsp is only 32 years old. he's already defended his belt for 6 consecutive years. he will easilly defend it for 6 more years.

only then will i deem him fit to retire. he's got alot of **** kickings and montreal screwjobs left to hand out.

though i dont know what all this hendricks fuss is about. the dude already lost twice to gsp in one fight. one via sub and one via decision
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,384Free
    Good post Junglebird.

I was thinking the same thing after the fight. He has taken more damage in his past 3 fights then he has in his whole career. Even if he doesn't have any distractions in his next fight with Hendricks, he is really going to need to change his gameplan because Hendricks is gonna come at him with a vengeance and who knows if GSP will be able to maintain that same desire to win and beat Hendricks after getting completely **** up.

I'd hate to see my favorite fighter go out having some type of serious injury. People don't realize it, but like you said, he has been an great ambassador/representative for MMA and will go down as one of the most successful MMA fighters.. I would like to have GSP rematch Johny, and come out on top, just to have some closure to their first fight, but if he retired I wouldn't be too sad because he does seem like he's on the downslope in his career.

Either way, I am glad I was able to see him fight live this past weekend. Not only that, but it was FOTN and I hope everyone can at least agree, despite judging, that it was an entertaining fight. Even better than the one he had with Condit, imo.

2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Not hating but he got beat everywhere ?LMAO
    He out struck Johnny,there is one,.he out kicked Johnny there is two,he pushed the fight most of the fight while Johnny tried to just counter he also matched Johnny in the wrestling.Johnny did more noticeable physical damage.

That was actually the most fresh i have seen GSP in round 5 of any of his fights,he still looked very sharp and was still pushing the pace.Other fighters managed to tire out GSP a LOT more,so i digress that Johnny did a whole heck of a lot aside form facial marks.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,100Free
    Best move for GSP's legazee is to retire right now.

That being said, I hope he doesn't. I need to watch him getting knocked out.

GSP's health is more important than any fan's desire to see him get KTFO.

GSP has been KO'd, watch that if you want to see him unconscious.

He is likely very vulnerable to sustaining a permanent injury at this point. He should retire as the GOAT WW.
    FEB. 2010
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,657Free
    Oh zak
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,100Free

He is likely very vulnerable to sustaining a permanent injury at this point. He should retire as the GOAT WW.

Fighters get KO'd every month, why are so worried about GSP being KO'd?

Truth is you are not concerned about his health, but his legazee.

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    gsp will never get knocked out. safety first.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

because GSP has taken an absolute beating in his last 3. Any real fan of MMA dosnt want to see any fighter suffer permanent damage.

If you been on this forum for longer than 68 posts you'd know the only thing further from a GSP fan than me is WarWest.

This is a trolling aside thread. Hendricks deserves the belt NOW, not after a rematch. And GSP deserves to retire in peace
    FEB. 2010

because GSP has taken an absolute beating in his last 3. Any real fan of MMA dosnt want to see any fighter suffer permanent damage.

If you been on this forum for longer than 68 posts you'd know the only thing further from a GSP fan than me is WarWest.

This is a trolling aside thread. Hendricks deserves the belt NOW, not after a rematch. And GSP deserves to retire in peace
    I don't want him to suffer permanent damage, but I want to watch him getting knocked out.

Don't come with this "real mma fan" bs just because I want to see a fighter getting knocked out.

He has bored me for long enough and I want to see him get dethroned with style. Not as a champion.

Letting him retire as a champion would be a lie to future generations.

edited November 2013
    If Hendricks does get the belt from GSP, I think Condit will be the one to take it from Hendricks.

It's kinda sad to say that GSP's style isn't good enough for Hendricks considering GSP is the most well rounded fighter in the WW division, or even the UFC.

But Condit isn't afraid of Hendricks striking and could take him out in a 5 round fight, imo. It's pretty ironic, now that I think about it, that Hendricks lost to a split decision when in his previous fight he was gifted the nod against Condit lol.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    NyteRyder said:

If Hendricks does get the belt from GSP, I think Condit will be the one to take it from Hendricks.

It's kinda sad to say that GSP's style isn't good enough for Hendricks considering GSP is the most well rounded fighter in the WW division, or even the UFC.

But Condit isn't afraid of Hendricks striking and could take him out in a 5 round fight, imo. It's pretty ironic, now that I think about it, that Hendricks lost to a split decision when in his previous fight he was gifted the nod against Condit lol.

He took Condit down 4 times each round. Now I don't agree with the scoring criteria but if you get taken down 12 times in a fight that goes to a decision you are going to lose.

Condit will not get the belt away from a big wrestler unless he knocks him the hell out. He should have finished Georges
    NyteRyder said:

What are you going to say next, Dennis Siver was gifted a win over Nam Phan?

NyteRyder said:

He took Condit down 4 times each round. Now I don't agree with the scoring criteria but if you get taken down 12 times in a fight that goes to a decision you are going to lose.

haha holy **** 12 times.

But he did get outstruck, so there is that too.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    I agree he was getting outstruck that's why he took him down 12 different times in a 3 round fight. There was a lot on the line and Condit is 5 inches taller with a 7 or 8 inch reach advantage.