Curiousity about Weidmans Future !!

skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 843Free
First of all, I think Weidman is a good fighter, good personality, skilled, young and huge potential. So please, do not come here saying I hate eidman, blah, blah, blah. I like him !

However, there is something "funny" and curious I wanna see about Weidman, the MW champion.

We all know, Weidman didnt really face top competition before getting that title shot. Maia got KTFO by Marquart and tooled by Anderson and now in at 170. Munoz (its a fact we all know) was coming from a long lay off. It wasnt Weidmans fault since MW was kinda lame around that time. There was no competition so it wasnt his fault, simple as that. He beat who he had to beat, period.

Then he fights Anderson, who "danced" around like a clown (even Dana said that was almost becoming another Abu Dhabi) overlooking the younger lion (Weidman) and no surprises there. We all know what happened !!

As december 28, things are taking another path on Weidman carrer. He will be facing a more "serious", "focused", "butt hurt", "embarassed" Anderson Silva who I'm pretty sure will fight more professionally at least. Yes, Anderson might say he "wont do anything different" but to me that is just bluffing !! Lets say he will "dance less songs".

After that, winning or losing, Weidman should be facing either Machida/Mousasi winner, Vitor or even Jacare.

It wil be almost as if Weidman will make his UFC debut on dec 28 versus SERIOUS opponents.

Sorry, my personal opinion (this is a free forum) is that Weidman will NOT beat any of those 4 guys I mentioned above, reality will sink in and Weidman might go down as one of the most forgotten champions in UFC history with Shogun and Evans !

Have a good one folks !
Tagged:

Comments

• TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 424Free
    Weidman will never be forgotten even if he get's destroyed in the rematch. Anyone that thinks of Anderson Silva will always think of the first man to beat him, regardless of sketchily it happened.
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,486Free
    Weidman, if he wins the rematch, will have an absolute line of killers to face after Anderson. Vitor, Jacare, Machida are all in line.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 843Free
    TheBigD said:

Weidman will never be forgotten even if he get's destroyed in the rematch. Anyone that thinks of Anderson Silva will always think of the first man to beat him, regardless of sketchily it happened.

I agree my friend. Its just a way to say but yeah he wont be forgotten.
    Ares11 said:

Weidman, if he wins the rematch, will have an absolute line of killers to face after Anderson. Vitor, Jacare, Machida are all in line.

Exactly.

If he beats Anderson, he will be facing Vitor, Machida and Jacare back to back !! and maybe even Mousasi too !!

On the other hand, if he beats all these guys ... he will be greater than Anderson was in MW history !

But Im very curious to see how Weidman will do against these HUNGRY dudes
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free
    Ares- nice Bmo AV !

On to Weidman- his grappling prowess is legit as they come as he's competed in and won grappling tournaments. I think that alone could get him through those guys you mentioned in the OP.

But he's also competent in the stand up, and smart enough to know when to mix it up. He's kinda like a better version of Jacare (whom I like but would take Weidman if they fought. Would not blame anyone for taking Souza though as he and Weidman are probably the most complete fighters in the division).

The guys that can do all 3 phases well are so damn dangerous because they can make someone think about their wrestling/BJJ and go to their striking unexpectedly and vica versa.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    I never said Weidman is a can, but he didn't earn the first shot... Ok he Ko'd a clowning Anderson (12er sig) but UFC168 will be a totally different story!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Ares- nice Bmo AV !

On to Weidman- his grappling prowess is legit as they come as he's competed in and won grappling tournaments. I think that alone could get him through those guys you mentioned in the OP.

But he's also competent in the stand up, and smart enough to know when to mix it up. He's kinda like a better version of Jacare (whom I like but would take Weidman if they fought. Would not blame anyone for taking Souza though as he and Weidman are probably the most complete fighters in the division).

The guys that can do all 3 phases well are so damn dangerous because they can make someone think about their wrestling/BJJ and go to their striking unexpectedly and vica versa.

I see your point ... however ..

What I tried to express on my thread is that all the info we got on Weidman are based on records and prior to dec 28, thats my point.

You mentioned about his grappling. You also mentioned about him and JACARE being the most complet fighters in MW today, right ? Ok, well, not too long ago Jacare lost to Rockhold. Maia also had a nasty bjj/grappling and pretty much had to search for success elsewhere !

But I do see your point my friend ! Thanks for giving your opinion
  • Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,202Free
    Weidman will be locked in at number 2 just like Junior.
    What??
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free

Ares- nice Bmo AV !

I see your point ... however ..

What I tried to express on my thread is that all the info we got on Weidman are based on records and prior to dec 28, thats my point.

You mentioned about his grappling. You also mentioned about him and JACARE being the most complet fighters in MW today, right ? Ok, well, not too long ago Jacare lost to Rockhold. Maia also had a nasty bjj/grappling and pretty much had to search for success elsewhere !

But I do see your point my friend ! Thanks for giving your opinion
    He seems to have improved like crazy since that loss, especially his striking, and I think he wrecks Cockhold in a rematch.

Maia is far from a complete fighter and Weidman is just so much bigger/stronger as well.

My opinion is that Silva clowned because it was his best chance to goad Weidy into a stand up fight. It worked, but still spelled his doom. If Silva fights 100% serious, than Weidman never resorts to just throwing punches, abandoning his grappling, and Silva gets subbed or GnPd instead. Just my 2 cents.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,306Free
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 10,993Free
    It's nice to see you guys still taking part in group therapy. I hope the butt hurt is at a sustainable level now.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    TheBigD said:

Weidman was only the first to beat him in the UFC.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,433Free
    I expect taunting again from Silva to some extent my problem with there 1st fight is Anderson wasn't making him pay for the misses at all he kept going on wobbly legs and **** around when there was clear opportunities for him that with someone he showed more respect in the cage for he would have capitalised more on. This is why I think Silva wins the rematch as long as he's in this to redeem himself and hungry not just coz the UFC want to sell this epic rematch.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,306Free
    TheBigD said:

I doubt very much people have ever even heard of Osmar Luiz Teixeira.
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,105Elite
    Weidmans going to dominate for many moons to come... He came he saw he conquered, the rest cut weight or try try try again.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs