I love GSP but he lost but not as bad as Jon Jones did to Alexander Gustafson

balserkbalserk Posts: 13Free
I love GSP but he lost and I think that he knew it too, but not as bad as Jon Jones lost to Alexander Gustafson, can't wait for that rematch

Comments

• balserkbalserk Posts: 13Free
    you are right but I am Canadian and love gsp, that was so hard, even my friends wouldn't go this far.
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    edited November 2013

I like Gus and I was rustled that he lost that decision, but you are absolutely wrong. Gus vs Jon was way closer than George vs Johnny.

Not really both challengers took at least 3 rounds. You can make a case for both winning 4 to 1. The only clear round for Jones was the last and with Grease it was the 3rd.

Both champions took severe beatings and Jones couldn't even score a takedown while getting taken down more than once.

Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on

I like Gus and I was rustled that he lost that decision, but you are absolutely wrong. Gus vs Jon was way closer than George vs Johnny.

Not really both challengers took at least 3 rounds. You can make a case for both winning 4 to 1. The only clear round for Jones was the last and with Grease it was the 3rd.

Both champions took severe beatings and Jones couldn't even score a takedown while getting taken down more than once.

Gustafson didn't have a mark on him and jones had to go to the hospital
    balserk said:

Gustafson didn't have a mark on him and jones had to go to the hospital
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Gus BEAT Jones.
    Hendricks DOMINATED GSP.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,207Free
    Jones/Gus depends on your criteria to score.

GSP/Hendricks is pure robbery.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    balserk said:

you are right but I am Canadian and love gsp, that was so hard, even my friends wouldn't go this far.

That quote puts truth behind GSP only having fans bc he is a CANadian.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    edited November 2013
    Both fights were extremely close. Neither fight was a robbery, people are just too blinded by their GSP hate to see that. Even I initially thought Johny Hendircks clearly won the fight when I watched it the first time but man Joe Rogan sure does do a great job of making it seem as if every shot Hendricks threw was devestating. I watched the fight the next day without audio and it was pretty clear that Hendricks won rd 2 and 4, while GSP clearly won 3 and 5. Round 1 was a toss up. I still think Hendricks won but it wasnt a robbery in any way.
    Post edited by NewMMAFansSuck on
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,185Free
    He lost worse than Jones. Jones actually came back and put a hurt on Gus. GSP only landed feather fists.
    What??
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    People who judge damage by how someone's face looks are morons.

GSP was perfectly fine after the fight, while Jones couldn't even walk himself out of the cage & down the stairs.

Jones obviously got his *** beat worse than GSP did.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    kapst said:

GSP was perfectly fine after the fight, while Jones couldn't even walk himself out of the cage & down the stairs.

GSP himself said his brain was bouncing around in his head

I think that is more serious than a swollen lip and an injured leg
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    kapst said:

GSP said he can't remember the fight. Brain damage > leg damage

On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,436Free
    Jones/Gus was a lot closer
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

Jones/Gus was a lot closer

Jones at least outstruck Gus according to Fight metrics.

"Believe in the beard"

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,436Free
    edited November 2013
    Nonetheless, they were both great fights. Both champions were tested. Too many people complain about the decision that it overshadows the FOTN performances the four of them put on.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    LOL your wrong,no your wrong and not because of any criteria,just because i said so.

GSP stood a LOT,everyone thought GSP would get KO'd and instead was the guy pushing the entire fight.Everyone criticized GSP for lack of finish,well where was Johnny's finish,he had the fight standing 90% of the time,he also had 5 rounds to do it.

I think the fact it went 5 rounds and Hendrick's could not finish and GSP still looked more fresh than he has in years in round 5,would be proof enough that Johnny was not busy enough and did not warrant winning that fight.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,839Free
    hendricks cannot finish every fight but at least he finishes some of them unlike gsp
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MMAMagicMMAMagic Posts: 46Free
    balserk said:

I love GSP but he lost and I think that he knew it too, but not as bad as Jon Jones lost to Alexander Gustafson, can't wait for that rematch

I just cannot understand how anyone can think GSP lost beyond good old fashioned BIAS...

GSP out struck and out wrestled Hendricks... Just as Gustufsan out struck and out wrestled Jones... The difference is GSP won his fight where he out pointed his opponent and Gustufsan lost.

Not sure how you think GSP lost his fight. You see, there is a point scoring system that the one who landed the most strikes/takedowns in a single round gets 10 points while the opponent gets 9 points. in 3 out of 5 rounds (by judges) in GSP's fight, he out struck/wrestled Hendricks earning 1 more point then hendricks had to win 48-47... (Even though GSP out struck Hendricks in the 2nd round by allot, thus should have won making it 49-46). GSP won fair and square...
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    i didn't see the fight, but fight metric shows

gsp outstruck hendricks 3-2 in sig strikes and hendricks won 3-2 in total strikes

it looks like gsp got one more takedown

interesting

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

MMAMagic said:

balserk said:

I just cannot understand how anyone can think GSP lost beyond good old fashioned BIAS...

GSP out struck and out wrestled Hendricks... Just as Gustufsan out struck and out wrestled Jones... The difference is GSP won his fight where he out pointed his opponent and Gustufsan lost.

Not sure how you think GSP lost his fight. You see, there is a point scoring system that the one who landed the most strikes/takedowns in a single round gets 10 points while the opponent gets 9 points. in 3 out of 5 rounds (by judges) in GSP's fight, he out struck/wrestled Hendricks earning 1 more point then hendricks had to win 48-47... (Even though GSP out struck Hendricks in the 2nd round by allot, thus should have won making it 49-46). GSP won fair and square...
    Because we all know wrestling is all about takedown ad not how long they are in dominant position. Hendricks had the to position longer than GSP and even got up stood up on his own volition because he got bored dominating him. And Hendricks outstruck GSP in four out of the five rounds. Significant strikes is meaning less because it is a subjective criteria, but only a retard would think that GSP landed the most significant strikes.

"Believe in the beard"