Jon Jones should relinquish Title for refusing to fight for no legit reason

TheOne2020TheOne2020 Posts: 30Free
edited November 2013 in UFC
Jon Jones pulled out of title fight in February because he claims he wants more time to train, which is like cheating. now glover has to wait it effects glovers training just because jon jones was lazy
Post edited by TheOne2020 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,477Free
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/27/ufc-champ-jon-jones-on-layoff-my-foot-is-cracking-and-crackling-and-stuff/

“My eye is definitely not ready to be punched,” Jones said. “I’m afraid that it could reopen, which would make scarring terrible and prolong the whole thing even more. My foot is definitely not ready to go yet. I wake up to step off the bed, and it’s cracking and crackling and stuff. I’m just not ready for the training camp.

Several of Jones’ recent bouts have been scheduled around the holidays. While the champ said he has no problem giving up the hearty foods that come along with the Christmas season, he relished the rare chance to spend time with his family – without the stress of training for an upcoming fight.

“I’ve spent the last three Christmases in Albuquerque, and I really want to just be with my family back in New York state and let my kids see Christmas the way it’s supposed to be,” Jones said. “That’s a big reason why I kind of delayed that next fight until March.”

Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• TheOne2020TheOne2020 Posts: 30Free
    edited November 2013
    Ares11 said:

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/27/ufc-champ-jon-jones-on-layoff-my-foot-is-cracking-and-crackling-and-stuff/

“My eye is definitely not ready to be punched,” Jones said. “I’m afraid that it could reopen, which would make scarring terrible and prolong the whole thing even more. My foot is definitely not ready to go yet. I wake up to step off the bed, and it’s cracking and crackling and stuff. I’m just not ready for the training camp.

Several of Jones’ recent bouts have been scheduled around the holidays. While the champ said he has no problem giving up the hearty foods that come along with the Christmas season, he relished the rare chance to spend time with his family – without the stress of training for an upcoming fight.

“I’ve spent the last three Christmases in Albuquerque, and I really want to just be with my family back in New York state and let my kids see Christmas the way it’s supposed to be,” Jones said. “That’s a big reason why I kind of delayed that next fight until March.”

really its November, fights in february, and jones just changed his story in that article admitted to lying first paragraph is one story third is another
    Post edited by TheOne2020 on
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,477Free

Ares11 said:

really its November, fights in february, and jones just changed his story in that article admitted to lying first paragraph is one story third is another
    wat? He's saying he doesn't wanna be in training camp during the holidays, not the he doesn't want to fight during the holidays
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,361Free
    Ares11 said:

Glass bones Jones
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    why should he relinquish the title for that?

cruz has been inactive for how long and he still has the belt

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,165Free
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,245Free
    Dana is too lenient with the champions

Jones should be stripped
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Jones fights more per year then some champions put together and you guys cry when he delays a fight.

Pettis would have pulled out of the fight entirely, for much less by the way.
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    Yeah, I really dislike Jones, but I'm totally fine with him taking time off. Some really good points have been made in this thread, and I second them.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    Looks like GSP isn't the only fighter who "needs a break"...

Sigh..
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,165Free
    PATSTER said:

NeckCrank said:

r the guy has been the most active in terms of fighting than any other champ.

I think he was talking about grown up men.

smdh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,159Free
    I wish someone would just knock him out already.
    What??
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    He fights more than every other champ and only delayed the fight a month, big deal.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard

They fight about the same amount. If mighty mouse wants to take a break, he is welcome to...actually I probably wouldn't even notice.

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    Mighty GOAT would fight more often too

But no contender will fight him without a 3 month training camp AT LEAST

• The U.S. Military engages it's forces more often than any other country. We are the most powerful nation on the planet. If we decided to take a step back for a while, we would continue to be the most powerful nation on the planet. But we will continue to train the way we fight.

Jones has never served, but he would have made a damn good soldier. If he needs to stay away from his respective battlefield for a while, that's fine. He will continue to be the most dominant force in the UFC's light heavyweight division.

PATSTER said:

"Fight about the same"

Mighty GOAT 2012 and 2013 - 6 fights

Jones 2012 and 2013 - 4 fights

"About the same"

Umm he has only had 5 fights in 2012 and 2013 until that 6th one actually happens. Also Jones will be fighting at the beginning of 2014. Also Jones fought 4 times in 2011 compared to Mouse's 3. So they have pretty much fought about the same in the last few years. Also Mighty Mouse can pretty much fight all he wants cause he never gets hit and even when he does he gets hit by children sized hands.

Brent555 said:

PATSTER said:

"Fight about the same"

Mighty GOAT 2012 and 2013 - 6 fights

Jones 2012 and 2013 - 4 fights

"About the same"

Umm he has only had 5 fights in 2012 and 2013 until that 6th one actually happens. Also Jones will be fighting at the beginning of 2014. Also Jones fought 4 times in 2011 compared to Mouse's 3. So they have pretty much fought about the same in the last few years. Also Mighty Mouse can pretty much fight all he wants cause he never gets hit and even when he does he gets hit by children sized hands.
    Jones pulled out of a fight

Mighty GOAT would never do that

Hey, I already told you Mighty Mouse is free to take a break if he wants to. Go tell him he has my approval to go on a vacation to Chuck E Cheese or wherever he likes to hang out.

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,139Free
    That's the only way you'll ever get the strap off Jones.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 819Free

That's the only way you'll ever get the strap off Jones.

This ^
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,080Elite

Dude looks like he should've starred in mork and mindy back in the day. Mighty mork from ork. As for the sissy i expect nothing less up till he gets KTFO.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Jones was arrested for driving under the influence and was bailed out several hours later by his mother.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,649Free
    Who?

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,424Free
    Checked if i posted in this thread.

I didn't.

No **** given.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread