UFC increasing PPV price for 168

Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,581Elite
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/5/5179062/ufc-jacks-up-pay-per-view-ppv-price-ufc-168-weidman-vs-silva-2-mma

I know it's only $5.00 but I feel like I remember Dana saying he wouldn't increase the price. Hopefully this isn't a look at things to come. I'll pay the extra $5.00 but if it goes up anymore I've got a BWW 15 minutes from my place.
I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Comments

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    If people weren't using illegal streams then it wouldn't need to happen.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,581Elite
    PoloRidah said:

Yeah, Dana did say he would never raise the PPV price. He's gone against his word in the past though.

I saw this earlier but most of the active posters on this board steal the PPV's through illegal streams.

Pretty lame this is happening.

True. I've never felt the need to stream because $50 for a night with my family/buddies isn't bad when that's what we would probably spend seeing a 2 hour movie at the theatre.

Just makes me hesitant on spending the money now just from a moral standpoint.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Im not gonna act like i dont stream from time to time depending on the card but even with the price increase, Im definitely purchasing this PPV.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,096Free
    lol. Streaming this one HARD! Just jokes. I'm going to a bar to watch this for free.
    also LMAO @ if me and my buddies weren't watching this we'd probably go to the movies. Wow. And not one life was had that night ;)

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    edited December 2013
    Ozpride said:

lol. Streaming this one HARD! Just jokes. I'm going to a bar to watch this for free.
    also LMAO @ if me and my buddies weren't watching this we'd probably go to the movies. Wow. And not one life was had that night ;)

****, you'll be behind your computer desk streaming away.

Quit ducking my bet thread as well.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,581Elite
    Ozpride said:

I was talking about going out with my family bud.

• S6XStringzS6XStringz Posts: 1,067Free
    Just hope Boston Pizza doesn't start charging cover price because of a measily 5 dollar increase. I spend over 80 bucks on food when me and like 5 or 6 other people go.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    edited December 2013
    nvm
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    i hate dana, greedy no good ****

anyways, i am still ordering it

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,096Free
    PoloRidah said:

Ozpride said:

****, you'll be behind your computer desk streaming away.

Quit ducking my bet thread as well.
    Bet thread?? sorry pls explain

P.S if I have to stream it's the laptop wired to my 50inch on my decking by the BBQ... just saying :D

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• mutharashamutharasha Posts: 704Free
    lol still $25 in New Zealand. Dana is robbing you all
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

Yeah right...and I bet not one penny of that 5.00 bucks will go to the fighters
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,463Free
    edited December 2013
    I'll still buy it, I just hope it's a one time thing and that future ppv's aren't raised.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,323Free
    NyteRyder said:

I'll still buy it, I just hope it's a one time thing and that future ppv's are raised.

I wouldn't count on it.
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,332Free
    Sad that they're unashamed of a blatant money grab. PPV buys have been underachieving as of late. What kind of sense does this make.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,383Free

lawl

I'm sure the UFC NEEDS to increase it 5$ or else they will go bankrupt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • YeahBuddyYeahBuddy Posts: 82Elite
    I am going to see it live so it wont affect me, but hopefully it doesn't become a trend. I hope when they do have their digital network they have an option of having a ppv yearly pass that is greatly discounted. I remember Dana saying the ufc would never raise ppv prices too.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,323Free
    edited December 2013
    They should be decreasing the price or cut some fighters.

It's funny because a lot of higher tier fighters only fights once or twice a year and a lot of lower tier fighters want more fights but can't get them.

UFC expansion too stronk. While it is growing the sport it's also watering down the product.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free

It's funny because a lot of higher tier fighters only fights once or twice a year and a lot of lower tier fighters want more fights but can't get them.

UFC expansion too stronk. While it is growing the sport it's also watering down the product.

First, they bought out the competition, and shut them down. Now, they are reducing the roster. The net result is that they are hurting the fighters. Since they are reducing the roster AND raising the prices, the fighters should be getting raises.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

This is WHY people stream.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free

First, they bought out the competition, and shut them down. Now, they are reducing the roster. The net result is that they are hurting the fighters. Since they are reducing the roster AND raising the prices, the fighters should be getting raises.
    Since its a slight increase, I don't think a slight increase to fighter salary is asking too much.

The roster cuts will pay off in the end for us, the viewers, because in theory we'll be getting better fights with only the better fighters surviving the roster cuts. It doesn't make business sense for a company to keep under achievers around just to help out the under achievers, especially when there are 3 or 4 B level organizations out there for them to make a living fighting in.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    I can honestly say I've never streamed a UFC PPV - I wouldn't even know where to start. Sunday morning downloads, on the other hand...

I usually go to a local mom & pop bar that shows the fights as BWW is waaaaaaaaaaaay too crowded around here. Forget about getting a table, ordering food, or hearing the announcers over the din of the crowd. Most of them are standing room only unless you get there an hour early. No thank you.
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,106Elite
    Greed corrupts, personally i stopped buying ppv's long ago, after i noticed the dana / don king similarities. I check out the news the next day for winners and losers. Is a shame dana could be milking the corporational system molesting us all, but he chooses to be another shadey exploiter instead.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• the_vageniusthe_vagenius Posts: 219Free
    lots of places to watch it here in nevada, i have never streamed either,hell i barely know how to use pandora and youtube i dont even know how to change sigs or avs idk what they are anyway, i build houses not computers, but i will be paying for 168, the wife wants to see tate's arm get snapped again while she can take bong rips and yell indescent things at tate during the fight...all while on the couch with the dogs,either way her and i spend $55 a night on dinner everyday tis only money.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    5 bucks would be around 5+ million more in the UFC coffers,i am sure you won't see any fo that go to the fighters where it belongs.
    I guess they are looking to cover fotn bonuses and the marketing of events.
    The UFC for the amount of money they make put on a crap product.All they do is present some lights in an arena and have Buffer announce the fighters.Some of the other retired orgs had at least better entrances,i even remember in pride a guy entered the ring in a parachute,the UFC puts on a boring show.There should be a LOT more entertainment,better cards and fighters should be paid more,all that money is going to the rich UFC brass.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.