FOTY?

rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,980Free
edited December 2013 in UFC
Pretty basic what is the FOTY so far?

FOTY?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

Comments

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,980Free
    Wand vs Stann
    PATSTER said:

Melendez vs. Sanchez

Bigfoot vs. Hunt started a little slow then picked up around the third. Melendez vs. Sanchez was a war from the start.

That's why I picked Wand vs Stann. Cause Wand KOing Stann to retirement was just that much better.

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    Sorry but you can't have a fight of the year until the end of the final event of the year!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 924Free
    Other
    Donger Kim vs Ericka Silva so far.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    Melendez vs Sanchez
    Hunt/Big Foot was **** crazy to watch (two giant freaks with huge power and tons of blood), but Melendez/Sanches was a better fight imo.

It's just a shame that wasn't a 5 rounder

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,105Free
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    Hunt vs Bigfoot and its not even close. Even Gus/Jones with their sloppy striking was a better fight than Melendez/Sanchez.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    Melendez vs Canchez is such an overrated fight lol

It was only good in the third......the only reason this fight is so hyped is because Gil and Sanchez have a lot of fans
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    Melendez vs Sanchez

Pretty basic what is the FOTY so far?

Bobmyster said:

Sorry but you can't have a fight of the year until the end of the final event of the year!

smh

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    he is a bisping fan, what do you expect
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 456Free
    Melendez vs Sanchez
    Sanchez / Melendez fight was insane, by far the best one this year. I found Jones / Gus very nice and is just as good in my opinion as Wany/ Stann. The Hunt / Bigfoot fight started too slow, but both guys went at it. War Melendez and Hunt !
    WAR 209 !

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    GSP vs Hendricks
    Hunt/BigFoot would've been my vote, but for me, it's a tie between Hendricks/GSP & Jones/Gus considering what was at stake & the fact that both fights were razor close, could've went either way, & sparked a lot of controversy.

Gil/Milendez is overrated. The first two rounds weren't anything we haven't seen a hundred times. Sanchez was going crazy & all but was being picked apart easily. It wasn't until the 3rd round that it really became interesting.

Wandy/Stann had one of the best rounds of all time, but the 2nd wasn't as good & the fight ended too quickly, imo..
  • MachidaSilvaMachidaSilva Posts: 402Free
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    By 100 miles to 1 Bigfoot VS Hunt.
    ^
    The "Story" of the day is that OMOPLATAYPUS is the GOAT poster on this here forum. Blee dat.

some_text
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,980Free
    Wand vs Stann

Chandler vs Alvarez 2.

I had to close at work like a can during that event so I've yet to see the fight.

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,164Free
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    I definitely think Hunt vs Silva was better than the other foty candidates but personally for me, Cain vs Junior iii was the best fight for me this year.
    What??
  • Melendez vs Sanchez
    Bermudez vs Grice was this year right?
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,428Free
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    PATSTER said:

Melendez vs. Sanchez

Bigfoot vs. Hunt started a little slow then picked up around the third. Melendez vs. Sanchez was a war from the start.

Not really.

Melendez owned him the first two rounds. The third round was the epic round, and the only one Sanchez won.

Hunt/Bigfoot went back and forth from the start and every round something significant happened.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    Melendez vs Sanchez was too one sided to beat Hunt vs Bigfoot. Just because there are awesome flurries doesn't mean it's close, Gil won like every exchange except one.

I'm glad I was able to witness the FOTY and greatest HW fight ever in person
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,251Free
    Wand vs Stann
    wand stann

people are picking hunt/silva because its so fresh on their memory

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,057Premium
    Jbrahams said:

Melendez vs Sanchez was too one sided to beat Hunt vs Bigfoot. Just because there are awesome flurries doesn't mean it's close, Gil won like every exchange except one.

you too huh? What seats did you get? I was about 15ft from the cage on the seats that just started inclining , my seat was about level with the cage floor.

Crowd was insane right!
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    I think all the Australians on the forum went the that event lol.

I bet @Ozpride went too.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    Hunt vs Bigfoot

Jbrahams said:

you too huh? What seats did you get? I was about 15ft from the cage on the seats that just started inclining , my seat was about level with the cage floor.

Crowd was insane right!
    Oh nice, I was directly behind the blue corner (I think, Bigfoot's corner at least) as you walked in Door 11 (or basically the doors that you went through for the weigh ins etc.) my seat was the first one as you go in, like the top row of that lower circle.

Yeah the last 2 rounds especially were unbelievable! The TV did it no justice how loud it was, plus they couldn't capture the vibrations. Other than the Mizugaki/Phan fight I thought the card took a while to get good, but there could have been 10 boring decisions, it would have all been worth it to be there for that main event
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    Jones vs Gus
    2013 has been spoiled for great fights...

all these fights were great, but gotta vote Jones vs Gus since it had everything... razor thin back and forth close fight for the championship against a champion that, up until then, was untouchable... it truly was like something out of a movie...
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,663Ultimate
    Jones vs Gus
    All good fights. Only reason I'm picking Jones vs. Gus is that those two guys would roll over the rest of the guys as options. Gus won. Boom.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Self-appointed #1 P4P at rustling jimmies

You don't like it? Grab your Kleenex, wipe your tears, and get in line.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,057Premium

wand stann

Wand stann was insane! I agree with that being foty. The exchanges were crazy and they both smashed each other for 2 rds.
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

Crowd was insane right!
    Oh nice, I was directly behind the blue corner (I think, Bigfoot's corner at least) as you walked in Door 11 (or basically the doors that you went through for the weigh ins etc.) my seat was the first one as you go in, like the top row of that lower circle.

Yeah the last 2 rounds especially were unbelievable! The TV did it no justice how loud it was, plus they couldn't capture the vibrations. Other than the Mizugaki/Phan fight I thought the card took a while to get good, but there could have been 10 boring decisions, it would have all been worth it to be there for that main event
    I was pretty much directly opposite you and slightly to your left, lower down though. How funny was the guy that yelled out "believe in yourself Nam Phan" lmfao
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited December 2013
    Other
    I don't get the people saying Wandy vs Stann..

It was an entertaining slug fest no doubt but definitely not worthy of FOTY.

Throwing caution to the wind is great and all but to me those fights aren't better than the great technical and measured fights like Chandler vs Alvarez and Jones vs Gus.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • MagergetMagerget Posts: 461Free
    Jones vs Gus
    Great year of fights!!

Jones vs Gus takes the cake for me though, but has there ever been a year with these quality fights? I don't think so...
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    On second thought, considering the stipulations, Jones vs Gus should be over Hunt/Bigfoot.

Like previously mentioned, Jones was dominating the division up until that fight. That fight was so competitive, and the fact it was for the belt makes it that much better.

I would say

1. Jones/Gus
    2. Hunt/Bigfoot
    3. GSP/Hendricks*
    4. Silva/Stann
    5. Melendez/Sanchez
    6. Bermudez/Grice*

*Saw them live!! :)
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    Hunt vs Bigfoot

wand stann

Wand stann was insane! I agree with that being foty. The exchanges were crazy and they both smashed each other for 2 rds.
    Jbrahams said:

Jbrahams said:

Crowd was insane right!

I was pretty much directly opposite you and slightly to your left, lower down though. How funny was the guy that yelled out "believe in yourself Nam Phan" lmfao
    hahaha yeah there were some great callouts during the fights. The islanders singing that song during the Hunt/Bigfoot fight was pretty cool too, kinda felt like we were in Brazil with all these songs going on
    Hunt vs Bigfoot
    NyteRyder said:

On second thought, considering the stipulations, Jones vs Gus should be over Hunt/Bigfoot.

Like previously mentioned, Jones was dominating the division up until that fight. That fight was so competitive, and the fact it was for the belt makes it that much better.

I would say

1. Jones/Gus
    2. Hunt/Bigfoot
    3. GSP/Hendricks*
    4. Silva/Stann
    5. Melendez/Sanchez
    6. Bermudez/Grice*

*Saw them live!! :)

This year also had Condit/Hendricks, Herman/Smith, Zingano/Tate, Edgar/Aldo, and so much more.

Definitely has been the best year of MMA for a long long time