what ufc fighter you expect big things from in 2014?

gohardorgohome1gohardorgohome1 Posts: 537Free
Hw.cain will remain the champ hw need some upcomer's
Lw.glover might just might upset jones send him to hw
Mw.andy takes his belt back and rule mw again for the whole 2014
ww.hector lombard dudes a animal he will murder jake
Lw.edson barboza might be a problem for pettis
Fw.will love to see bj back and fired up

Comments

• Well just thought about belfort for mw,vitor will be a threat to chris or andy
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    Thiago Alves will get on a role since he's finally healthy and get back into the top 10 adleast

Jacare will at minimum show he is top 3 MW in the world if not take the title from Weidman if he beats Silva or Lyoto has not got his shot at that time

Thiago Silva will not become a contender but compared to his last few years this year will be good and I see him going adleast 2-1 against the mid level LHW guys depending on how active he is

Frankie Edgar will get back to his winning was I think...he had a rough 2013 and he needs some wins

Korean Zombie will get back on track with exciting finishes and earn a title shot again...his last shot just didn't pan out well
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • BruteDion said:

Thiago Alves will get on a role since he's finally healthy and get back into the top 10 adleast

Jacare will at minimum show he is top 3 MW in the world if not take the title from Weidman if he beats Silva or Lyoto has not got his shot at that time

Thiago Silva will not become a contender but compared to his last few years this year will be good and I see him going adleast 2-1 against the mid level LHW guys depending on how active he is

Frankie Edgar will get back to his winning was I think...he had a rough 2013 and he needs some wins

Korean Zombie will get back on track with exciting finishes and earn a title shot again...his last shot just didn't pan out well

Thats a good list there bro and cant wait for thaigo alvez return
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,039Premium
    Bisping is a monster ready to be unleashed
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,016Free

2014 bro I'm pretty sure you mean 2008

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,039Premium
    Ozpride said:

Nope. Bisping has specifically trainiing to developing his one punch ko power since 2008. He always talks about it. There's no way he won't start knocking opponents out after 6 years of training for it. There's just no way. None.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

Ozpride said:

Nope. Bisping has specifically trainiing to developing his one punch ko power since 2008. He always talks about it. There's no way he won't start knocking opponents out after 6 years of training for it. There's just no way. None.
    I hope this is the case! Wish him all the best in the Bellator MW tourney after Kennedy KO's him to Cuttsville

ANZAC like a boss

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,675Free
    Ozpride said:

Ozpride said:

I hope this is the case! Wish him all the best in the Bellator MW tourney after Kennedy KO's him to Cuttsville
    Kaneddy won't be able to touch bisping! 2014 will be the year the count makes up for lack of action this year!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• 12er12er Posts: 10,731Free
    edited December 2013
    Team alpha male has been super impressive in general but more specifically I'm expecting mendes to make it back to a title shot and it will be interesting to see how he fares against Aldo in a rematch.

Holdsworth and Fili are interesting additions to the roster that I'll be keeping an eye on as well.
    Post edited by 12er on

12er is turning heel to save the forum

He knows the forum is on life support, with GSP gone, the hate is lacking.

12er's the hero The UFC Fight Club deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. An Iron Jimmie - Carnages41

• KleitonKleiton Posts: 273Free
    GOAT regains title Alligator knocks out CANmont Glover and Matt Brown become champions

edited December 2013
    Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Ozpride said:

Kaneddy won't be able to touch bisping! 2014 will be the year the count makes up for lack of action this year!
    silly Pom there's no O in ****
    Post edited by Ozpride on

ANZAC like a boss

• Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    Cody Mckenzie , nah just kidding. I think Machida at mw could rock the boat a little next year , or we can see Matt Brown fight for the title.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Edson Barboza. Im sure after he makes quick work of Castillo they will finally give him some Top 10 guys. I could see him getting a title shot by the end of the year, depending on if the Champion can stay healthy.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    edited December 2013

Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Ozpride said:

Kennedy will destroy Spits. He's already preparing for the Bisping game plan.

I think Bisping is scared to take the fight.

Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    - Frankie Edgar getting back on top & winning the FW belt

- GSP coming out of retirement near the end of the year & taking the belt back from Hendricks

- Milendez getting the LW belt & starting what will be a long reign..

- Weidman going on a title run?

- Vitor stealing the show & getting the MW belt?

- Cain Velasquez defending his belt in devastating fashion & proving his p4p worth..

- Glover Teixeira taking the belt from Jones?

- Jones stepping up to fight Cain?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free
    Shane Del Rosario is going to bring the rukus to the Heavyweight Division
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • MuhammadAliMuhammadAli Posts: 98Free

Shane Del Rosario is going to bring the rukus to the Heavyweight Division

too soon?
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    Brandon Thatch and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• verJJverJJ Posts: 3,992Free
    Lorenz Larkin
    Yancy Medeiros
    Shogun
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,082Free
    AlphaGOATs, McGreGOAT, Jacare, Yoel Romero, Glover Teixeira
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    PoloRidah said:

Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Ozpride said:

Kennedy will destroy Spits. He's already preparing for the Bisping game plan.

I think Bisping is scared to take the fight.

=))

Brad Picket at his new weight class is going to wreck that division

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    Michael McDonald. Kid's a beast.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    PATSTER said:

fobar said:

Brad Picket at his new weight class is going to wreck that division

I hope you're not implying what I think you are ......
    The title fight of all title fights home, that's where this is going

• kegdudekegdude Posts: 3Ultimate
    2014 will be a good year for Hector Lombard.
  • NetshadeXNetshadeX Posts: 727Free
    12er said:

I'm expecting mendes to make it back to a title shot

Agreed, I'm expecting big things from Mendes. Dustin Poirier isn't really a dark horse but I'm expecting him to do surprisingly well in 2014.

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is NetshadeX
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    def Vitor, although that's not a bold prediction since he was the best fighter of 2013...still, I think with how solid his overall career has been, a sick run as champ would solidify him in the top 5 GOAT talk

Gustaffson...def had a strong start to his career, but somehow is never in p4p rankings and will finally change that

BJ Penn...dude somehow does million times better when he fights in lighter weight classes...think he will put together a second run for his career this year

Condit...could def see him becoming champ 2014

Bendo...still extremely talented...wouldn't be surprised if he went undefeated this year

Swanson...looks sicker every fight...see him breaking the top 3 and possibly even grabbing a title
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,114Free
    kegdude said:

2014 will be a good year for Hector Lombard.

I wish him a speedy recovery after the Shields fight.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 803Free
    OP, I usually dont criticize posting, personal ideas, etc but ... Andy to get his belt back and rule the MW division in 2014 is lil unlogical, isnt it ? lol I hope you are right but I dont even think there is time for it, to be honest. Also, no matter how great Barboza does this year, he will not have the time do even fight for #1 contendership nevertheless a title shot.

Now, back to the topic !

HW- will have good matchups but I agree. Cain will destroy whoever comes along.

LHW- Jones will dominate Glover (similar fashion he did to Rampage, sorry) and will rule the division this year as well. I think this is Jones last year at LHW after beating Glover, Gus rematch and maybe even DC.

MW- No idea. Weidman is still a ? mark to me. Kid is great, extremely talented, beat the MW GOAT, might the the white Jones but still got his handsfull. Kid is in for some real challengers.

WW- Hendricks is reigning this division for a while. Lombard will be the dark horse.

LW- Pettis is in control easily in 2014.

FW- Pending on feb 1st

BW- Pending on feb 1st

FLY- I dont care

WBW- Do not care