Weidman: I have to solidify my first victory, Silva: I did everything I had to do except hit him

_Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
edited December 2013 in UFC
Chris: ''I'm telling Anderson Silva my game plan. This is my game plan; I'm going to walk forward, I'm going to put pressure on him, I'm going to cut him off. If he has his hands down, I'm punching him in his face. If he has his hands up, and he's expecting me to punch him in the face, I'm taking him down. I'm not afraid to get hit. I'm going to be walking forward with my chin down, and my teeth gritted. I don't care what he throws at me, I'm going to be there. I have to beat Anderson Silva this next time. I have to solidify my first victory, and solidify myself as a champion by winning again.''

Sounds good Chris, but unfortunately Silva decided to punch back next time, so it won't be a walk in the park, blee dat!!!

Anderson Silva: ''My mistakes in that fight, and that’s the first time I’m saying this, were basic mistakes. I did everything I had to do except hit him. I didn’t counterattack. When I stopped with my feet parallel, I should have hit him and walked one step behind. I didn’t do that. I saw my mistakes and I’m working on that to train for this next fight.''

Weidman: I have to solidify my first victory, Silva: I did everything I had to do except hit him

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Comments

• NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,030Free
    It wasn't a fluke... Weidman wins again!
    12er said:

Silva did hit back. They threw an even amount of strikes. It's just Weidmans power > Andys chin.

Andy is going to catch a fade again and this site will have at least 5 posters leave and never return out of sheer butt hurt.

^This.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,747Free

Weidman is not winning this rematch, the butt hurt from the Weidman fanboys on here will be epic, and even worse when they feed him someone like Machida, Belfort or Jacare after and he gets a second straight loss.

Yea we already know that you guys will D ride Vitor and tell use how Weidman is going to lose to a different Brazilian after he demo's that bum again. It's not exactly news.
  • KleitonKleiton Posts: 273Free
    It was a fluke... Silva wins!
    I wouldn't say it was a fluke but Anderson was really weird in that fight

Weidman is not winning this rematch, the butt hurt from the Weidman fanboys on here will be epic, and even worse when they feed him someone like Machida, Belfort or Jacare after and he gets a second straight loss.

I'm not a huge fan of Weidman, Vitor is my guy lol. But I don't see Anderson beating Weidman or Vitor for that matter. At this given moment Weidman is just better than Silva.
    12er said:

Yea we already know that you guys will D ride Vitor and tell use how Weidman is going to lose to a different Brazilian after he demo's that bum again. It's not exactly news.
    I actually would like Vitor to win but he'd have to work for it. Chris is the real deal.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free

If Weidman loses then there will be a 3rd match between the two.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,090Free
    12er said:

Silva did hit back. They threw an even amount of strikes. It's just Weidmans power > Andys chin.

Andy is going to catch a fade again and this site will have at least 5 posters leave and never return out of sheer butt hurt.

Weidmans KO had nothing to do with his power or Silvas chin. Even a jab from Bisping would have KOd him the way he was extending his head & body.

If Weidman loses then there will be a 3rd match between the two.

Doubt it unless it's close, and we all know Silva will Take Weidman out in this one.
    Lol no, no he won't.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free
    edited December 2013
    Cromwell is back to trolling it appears.

WeidGOAT too stronk.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    Anderson had plenty of chances to Ko or at least punch Weidman alla forrest griffin in da face. He clowned around a little bit too much, and got caught I can see a submission win for Silva, or a tko win because Weidman wants to push forward and underestimates Anderson Power and accuracy!!!

Inb4shaqgif
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    I dont think it was a fluke, when youre clowning around with your hands down and someone lands a well placed shot directly on your chin, youre going to sleep. But I dont believe Silva will make the same mistakes twice. I think he will finish Weidman in the first or second round.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

Anderson had plenty of chances to Ko or at least punch Weidman alla forrest griffin in da face. He clowned around a little bit too much, and got caught I can see a submission win for Silva, or a tko win because Weidman wants to push forward and underestimates Anderson Power and accuracy!!!

Inb4shaqgif

MilesGun said:

12er said:

Weidmans KO had nothing to do with his power or Silvas chin. Even a jab from Bisping would have KOd him the way he was extending his head & body.
    Bisping?

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    Not gonna say fluke but what Anderson is saying is pretty much what I said after he lost it's his style to clown but not to that extent and the biggest thing that he wasn't countering like he usually does, yes he landed shots but there was opportunities when Weidman threw slow punches where Silva would usually have picked him off but he was busy wobbling faking getting hurt and playing around.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    I love how none of the Anderson fans want a rubber match if he wins. You guys are scurred. Weidman and all his fan base wanted an immediate rematch but you guys all shat your pants at the thought of him risking a loss to Weidman if he wins.

Rubber match is the only way to go if Andy were to win. Silva's almost done with the sport, and Weidman will be his only true rival. You don't often get to see a rubber match at this level so stop **** tucking before its more than an idea.
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    12er said:

he was saying he did not counter attack right before he got knocked out which is true

check your sig

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    Kleiton said:

I wouldn't say it was a fluke but Anderson was really weird in that fight

Haven't watched too many Anderson Silva fights, have you?
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    Gamer9133 said:

12er said:

he was saying he did not counter attack right before he got knocked out which is true

check your sig
    Agree the counter attack was there after weidman's second punch... he was open like a forrest griffin =))

Gamer9133 said:

12er said:

check your sig
    Checked it, he didn't counter because he was too busy trying to dodge punches if he had stayed still and tried to punch he would have still gotten hit.
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    12er said:

Gamer9133 said:

12er said:

check your sig
    Checked it, he didn't counter because he was too busy trying to dodge punches if he had stayed still and tried to punch he would have still gotten hit.
    andy says he should have counter attacked and i agree

i guess if he would have countered then he would not have been trying to dodge 4 punches

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,090Free
    edited December 2013
    12er said:

I love how none of the Anderson fans want a rubber match if he wins. You guys are scurred. Weidman and all his fan base wanted an immediate rematch but you guys all shat your pants at the thought of him risking a loss to Weidman if he wins.

Rubber match is the only way to go if Andy were to win. Silva's almost done with the sport, and Weidman will be his only true rival. You don't often get to see a rubber match at this level so stop **** tucking before its more than an idea.

Rubber match sure why not but not instantly. MW doesnt need to become the next LW when Edgar was champ.
    Post edited by MGun on
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    Personally I have no problem with a rubber match if Silva wins this one, I know he'd prefer it to a fight with Machida or Jacare that's for sure. Belfort might get the shot before Weidman gets the rubber match tho but that just makes more great fights, Anderson vs Vitor 2 and Weidman vs Jacare or Machida. Only thing is I don't see Silva fighting either Machida or Jacare if they earn a shot so I'm guessing he's going to LHW or something.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • poonmachinepoonmachine Posts: 1,744Free
    I really don't think people will be that surprised if AS wins or butthurt, but if Weidman wins again there will be many a sore butt that night I tell you
    FF

Rickson Gracie

Wanderlei Silva

Thiago Alves

Nogueira

I really don't think people will be that surprised if AS wins or butthurt, but if Weidman wins again there will be many a sore butt that night I tell you

His fans have been telling themselves it was a fluke all summer, if weidman finishes him again quick like last time they will lose their minds.

It's going to be a hilarious week on the forum.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    It is a real coin toss for me .I don't see Weidman winning in the same manner , If he wins it will be VIA lots of heavy GNP Followed by a UD. .....BUT,If Silva keeps the fight standing and doesn't fool around TOO MUCH, I think his stand up is still crazy enough to KO ''Weidman The Great. As far as the first fight being a fluke--- ****. I don't think anyone on the planet flukes out to beat that ninja. Your skills have to be out of this world just to get your mitts close to Silva , regardless of how much goofin around he does, I think Weidman is being ripped off IN the respect department.Silva goofs around like that always and always has his way WITH WHOME EVER HE FIGHTS , so regardless of what happens in the 2ND fight , his Ko of Silva will always go down as one of the most famous beat downs ever. Weidman Shocked The world. ALI VS LISTON ,GSP VS SERRA,TYSON VS BUSTER DOUGLAS. The question is was Weidman just that much better on that particular night like Buster Douglas was when he fought brilliantly to batter a seemingly unstoppable Tyson ,only to get raped 8 months later by Holyfield when he came to fight looking like ButterBean. Or will he be like Muhammed Ali when he bitchslapped Liston who was a huge favorite and went on to be one of the best boxers on Earth.
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    edited December 2013
    Silva lost legitimately the first time, he underestimated Weidman's timing, his hands were down cause he was afraid of getting taken down. But with that said he will win the rematch.

You know whats funny is, Weidman when he loses he will be just like Serra he's not even a legit top 3 MW haha.
    Post edited by Ansem on

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    WAR SILVA!!

i got a sig-bet with W_T_G but seems he's been away for a while...

banned maybe?

scared, homie?

:P
    thanks god im less stupid now!

Pablosky said:

WAR SILVA!!

i got a sig-bet with W_T_G but seems he's been away for a while...

banned maybe?

scared, homie?

:P

Perma-banned. Unfortunately.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Weidman actually has very good boxing, definitely superior to Anderson's

Anderson's best chance is to run away and throw leg kicks (which is what he did last fight actually)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    It wasn't a fluke buut Anderson wins.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros