Dana Please Talk Pat Barry Into Moving Down to Light Heavyweight.

SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
He would be such an awesome addition to the weightclass. If you want to liven it up a little just imagine the matchups you could make involving him. He already said with the right motivation he could be talked into it. He could make it easily and safely. With the right dietician, he could still even eat pizza that's how easy he could drop. That length is killing him. Mark Hunt is just a mutant straight out of the X-Men so you cannot use him as an example. I want to see him fight Shogun, Texiera, Feijao, Cyrille Diabate, Rashad Evans, Ryan Bader, Thiago Silva, Jimi Manuwa, Lil Nog, Hendo, and if he made it Gustafsson and Jon Jones. Is there anyone out there that does not want to see fights like these, where Barry can go nuts and compete and use his true talents, or watch the same old David vs. Goliath 50/50 shots that he gets at Heavyweight. Its more fair to him, and to the fans. The fights would be great, his career could last longer, and he could probably make a huge sackfull of money in the process.
Tagged:

Comments

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free

He would be such an awesome addition to the weightclass. If you want to liven it up a little just imagine the matchups you could make involving him. He already said with the right motivation he could be talked into it. He could make it easily and safely. With the right dietician, he could still even eat pizza that's how easy he could drop. That length is killing him. Mark Hunt is just a mutant straight out of the X-Men so you cannot use him as an example. I want to see him fight Shogun, Texiera, Feijao, Cyrille Diabate, Rashad Evans, Ryan Bader, Thiago Silva, Jimi Manuwa, Lil Nog, Hendo, and if he made it Gustafsson and Jon Jones. Is there anyone out there that does not want to see fights like these, where Barry can go nuts and compete and use his true talents, or watch the same old David vs. Goliath 50/50 shots that he gets at Heavyweight. Its more fair to him, and to the fans. The fights would be great, his career could last longer, and he could probably make a huge sackfull of money in the process.

What your initially saying is he gonna have to give up that KFC and Popeyes that **** just aint gonna happen.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free

He can't compete at HW or LHW unfortunately

This is completely ridiculous, he would be an awesome competitor at LHW, hell he holds his own at HW. Besides at LHW the force behind the majority of the strikes he is used to receiving would be decreased dramatically, and furthermore the competitors just are not as strong, his takedown defense would go way up. Not to mention that at LHW he would be in much better shape.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free

He can't compete at HW or LHW unfortunately

This is completely ridiculous, he would be an awesome competitor at LHW, hell he holds his own at HW. Besides at LHW the force behind the majority of the strikes he is used to receiving would be decreased dramatically, and furthermore the competitors just are not as strong, his takedown defense would go way up. Not to mention that at LHW he would be in much better shape.

Everyone in the top 10 would take him down and sub him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

What your initially saying is he gonna have to give up that KFC and Popeyes that **** just aint gonna happen.

What I am saying is if you are truly a fighter that desires to be a champion, and if you are not that then there is no point in fighting. To become a champion sacrifices have to be made and if he is unwilling to give up some fried chicken and pizza, then my favorite fighter does not deserve to be in the UFC, and I don't believe that for a minute. I believe he is more afraid of losing power due to how he generates the force behind his strikes. We will see, I hope you are wrong, and I hope Barry makes the move and we really get to see HYPE OR DIE!
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    edited December 2013
    His problem is not his size. He's just 1 dimensional and has a weakened chin.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    He has stated many times you'd have to cut a leg off for him to make LHW

I love Pat Berry but his best days are behind him it seems.

fobar said:

He has also stated with the right motivation that he could be talked into it, during a press conference, straight faced and not screwing around. I think with the drop his best days could be right around the corner, and that he could take down some big names in the process, if not put together a title run. I think he would make Glover Texiera look silly, Glover is way too slow. Barry would just have to hone in on knew tools. There are a lot of fighters throughout history that didn't have steel chins that made great champions.

His problem is not his size. He's just 1 dimensional and has a weakened chin.

His size would no longer be a problem, and he has been working on other aspects of his game. He almost had a kimora the other night against a highly ranked grappler. Against smaller opponents his other skills would also be more effective, not to mention the fact that most the fighters in the division, if he even touches them are going to take a short trip to the stratosphere.
  • Hells_BartenderHells_Bartender Posts: 3,263Free
    I like Pat Barry, but he'd struggle in Bellashit.

His opponents only have to think takedown and he's on his back.
    SSS Co Founder - Sexyama's Saviours of Sexiness

Sexyama Facebook Page - Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sexyam...5847773?v=info

He would smoke Bellator fighters if he were a light heavy. What you are not getting is they wouldn't be able to put him on his back. Instead of being David he would be a form of Goliath. His game is improving in other areas. He is just overpowered and out sized in the UFC HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION ! I should not have to remind anyone that this is the most dangerous division in combat sports of any kind and this undersized man has held his own. Knocked out some big names and still has a job where most don't. He is a machine and those skills would translate into success at 205.

I feel like I am Pat Barry's lawyer in here, when the idea behind the move is so simple. It would absolutely produce some of the most entertaining fights possible within the division, and I really don't see how anyone with an iota of cognitive reasoning could argue otherwise. Do you think he stops training after every fight. He is probably on a sweaty mat this very instant drilling ground techniques.
  • Hells_BartenderHells_Bartender Posts: 3,263Free

He would smoke Bellator fighters if he were a light heavy. What you are not getting is they wouldn't be able to put him on his back. Instead of being David he would be a form of Goliath. His game is improving in other areas. He is just overpowered and out sized in the UFC HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION ! I should not have to remind anyone that this is the most dangerous division in combat sports of any kind and this undersized man has held his own. Knocked out some big names and still has a job where most don't. He is a machine and those skills would translate into success at 205.

He'd do alright against stand up fighter I guess. But most 205ers are much more well rounded than the Heavies.
    SSS Co Founder - Sexyama's Saviours of Sexiness

Sexyama Facebook Page - Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sexyam...5847773?v=info
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    PATSTER said:

fobar said:

Bro

Barry*
    dude, why no one else pic it up lol

What is there barely over 30 contracted light heavies. I want to know who is so well rounded that hasn't moved to middleweight or retired. DC, Jones, Rashad, Gustafsson, or Texiera, because that is the best I can think of and how many of those guys could even dip their toes in the HW except for DC at this point. The reason you guys think he is a lesser fighter is because his stubborn **** has been in the wrong division for years, but his fights are interesting and entertaining because he is not afraid to go for it, and if he brings that same mentality to LHW he will reach his full potential as a fighter.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    I don't think he will be smoking hot in LHW but I do think his resume would be better than what he already has in HW.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    he should go to bellator fight rampage. its the only move to make.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    He's done lads.

LHW ain't gonna make it any better, I dont want to see him get KO'd anymore.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,728Ultimate
    He'll compete at heavyweight again.... in Bellator or WSOF. UFC guys could sneeze in the right direction and KO Pat Barry.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Self-appointed #1 P4P at rustling jimmies

You don't like it? Grab your Kleenex, wipe your tears, and get in line.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,175Free
    edited December 2013
    Why would you want to see him get KO'd by LHWs? At least at HW you can say the guys were just bigger than him.

He needs to just hang 'em up. Its not like he's chasing a title. FFS he said his goal was to just win 2 straight.
    Post edited by iNOOB on
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Nah just let him fight Schaub and he'll be back in the win column with a vicious knockout. After that maybe Brandon Vera.

He needs to not fight the HWs that have 40 pounds on him unless they are total cans like Todd Duffee.

Light heavy just has better fighters and several of them hit just as hard. If they don't hit as hard they more then make up for it with speed and being well rounded.

That noob Walt Harris would tap to leg kicks. Still a few bums on the roster he can beat.

Nah just let him fight Schaub and he'll be back in the win column with a vicious knockout. After that maybe Brandon Vera.

He needs to not fight the HWs that have 40 pounds on him unless they are total cans like Todd Duffee.

Light heavy just has better fighters and several of them hit just as hard. If they don't hit as hard they more then make up for it with speed and being well rounded.

That noob Walt Harris would tap to leg kicks. Still a few bums on the roster he can beat.

Don't you dare talk about Duffee like that.
    Tahune said:

lol does the guy even fight anymore? He has ten career fights and he made his UFC debut like 5 years ago.

Tahune said:

lol does the guy even fight anymore? He has ten career fights and he made his UFC debut like 5 years ago.
    DuffGOAT has been wrestling bears and punching holes in boulders.

He isn't interested in trivial pursuits like the UFC
    He must have one hell of an injury. Last fight was a year ago against De Fries.
  • MuhammadAliMuhammadAli Posts: 98Free
    I hope he can move down, I love HD. Hate seeing him get knocked out
    edited December 2013

I hope he can move down, I love HD. Hate seeing him get knocked out </blockquoteHe

weighed 237 his last fight he can move down but he's solid at that weight not soft. Joe Silva just needs to set him up with the right guys. A few are on the heavyweight roster that he can highlight reel.

He's mid 30's he can focus on his woman's career after a few more paydays. Give him Schaub he's shorter and will land the big shot first because I said so.

Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on

Please don't call Todd Duffee a can that poor guy will probably never fight again in his life, and he was VERY young in his career, with all of the tools to become a HW champion. He was probably one of the best athletes in the division. Please look up and read about his situation, I would hate to do it injustice.
    iNOOB said:

Why would you want to see him get KO'd by LHWs? At least at HW you can say the guys were just bigger than him.

He needs to just hang 'em up. Its not like he's chasing a title. FFS he said his goal was to just win 2 straight.

That's the whole thing, I truly believe he wouldn't be getting KO'd in the light heavies. Watch some of his kickboxing footage and some of you guys will understand why I want him to move down. He has moves he cannot pull off in the Octagon at HW that I truly believe could make him the new age Iceman. I think it would be good for him to even go to St. Louis Obispo and train with Hackleman and the guys at the Pit for a few months. I have seen this before when everyone thinks a fighter is done, and should just hang it up. Barry is not done, not even close. This guy has a true fighting heart. He just needs to look at the picture from a different perspective. I believe he can do it. I wish there were someway I could talk to him one on one and tell him what I truly believe...