Who's gonna be the first to take away Weidman's belt ?

AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
edited December 2013 in UFC

I believe one of the three here will be the one.

Then Tor will probably take it away from them.
Post edited by Ansem on

Who's gonna be the first to take away Weidman's belt ?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,382Free
    viTOR
    MOHAWK VITOR

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,204Free
    I think its going to be Anderson.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    Not sure who but unless Weidman gets protected by Dana he has the most difficult row of fighters ready to take his belt

Silva
    Vitor
    Jacare
    Lyoto
    Moose (he's back at 185???)

That's a murders row...no champ had line waiting like that...the MW title will be back in Brazil soon (unless moose gets the shot sooner which would not make any form of logic)
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
    edited December 2013
    Dragon
    BruteDion said:

Not sure who but unless Weidman gets protected by Dana he has the most difficult row of fighters ready to take his belt

Silva
    Vitor
    Jacare
    Lyoto
    Moose (he's back at 185???)

That's a murders row...no champ had line waiting like that...the MW title will be back in Brazil soon (unless moose gets the shot sooner which would not make any form of logic)

Agreed, I mean the wild card is Moose, but as far as we know but Machida, Vitor, Jacare are killers and Weidman has to go through the best of all time on his first defend.
    Post edited by Ansem on

• iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,189Free
    Dragon
    I think all of them except for maybe Moose beat him (only because of the wrestling). Jacare Subs him, Vitor KO's him bad, Anderson will likely beat him this time around, and Machida is a bad matchup for Weidman.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    Still no respect around here for Weidman..... maybe when he knocks off a few more challengers people will see he's for real.

Most complete fighter in the MW division.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    Spider
    Silva and my ideal scenario he vacates the belt at some point takes some big fights and Jacare gets the MW belt.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 447Free

How many fights has he had again? and apart from silva (we all know the reason he won that fight) who has he beat that is actually any good. No one on any of the guys on this poles level.

As far as I saw it, he did what nobody else did (and Silva was doing same thing he was doing in previous fights).....
    Tina Turner, secondsout, Steve Podborski, zaksame, Nate Diaz - when you are legit, people want you to quit

If trolling was easy it would be called MMA predictions.
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,758Free
    Nobody ever. Vitor has the best shot by far though.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,406Free
    Weidmayne gets no hespect.

Hopefully he will when he KO's or subs some more folk.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,204Free
    Dragon
    Machida by the end of 2014.
    What??

How many fights has he had again? and apart from silva (we all know the reason he won that fight) who has he beat that is actually any good. No one on any of the guys on this poles level.

As far as I saw it, he did what nobody else did (and Silva was doing same thing he was doing in previous fights).....
    Seriously this ^^^

Silva dances in 10 of his other fights and nothing happens but the one time an opponent beats him because he wasn't scared of Anderson and wasn't fazed by his antics, its suddenly all because of the dancing.

That win was a result of Weidman's confidence in himself to keep pursuing Anderson (when countless others have shyed away or been flat out KOd) as much as it was Silva's BS dancing.

Silva never clowned as much as he did in that fight, ever.
    Guess you've never seen the Maia or Leites fights. Both those fights he clowned the whole time. Difference is that neither of those guys are as dangerous or complete as Weidman
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

Seriously this ^^^

Silva dances in 10 of his other fights and nothing happens but the one time an opponent beats him because he wasn't scared of Anderson and wasn't fazed by his antics, its suddenly all because of the dancing.

That win was a result of Weidman's confidence in himself to keep pursuing Anderson (when countless others have shyed away or been flat out KOd) as much as it was Silva's BS dancing.

Guess you've never seen the Maia or Leites fights. Both those fights he clowned the whole time. Difference is that neither of those guys are as dangerous or complete as Weidman

I watched them fights, silva didn't clown like he did with Weidman, he basically just ran and acted like he was being entertaining.
    Basically the Weidmayne fight without the KTFO.

You can't dance around for 5 rounds if you get KTFO in the second.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited December 2013
    Spider

Seriously this ^^^

I watched them fights, silva didn't clown like he did with Weidman, he basically just ran and acted like he was being entertaining.
    agree, i sometimes think silva would rather be a slap stick comic than a fighter, it was way overboard and against someone with power in his hands. He got away with it against bonnar cause for bonnars size he doesnt have power

if silva had somehow beaten wiedman that night with his clowning then it would have been 1 of the most humiliating defeats in the history of mma. But it shouldnt really be surprising that a professional Fighter managed to do what needed to be done. I think people just got used to silva getting away with his ridiculous antics for so long they kind of hoped it would continue, but in reality a man cannot keep getting away with such ridiculous antics.

But make no mistake when silva comes to bang he is the greatest.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

edited December 2013
    Dragon
    PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

agree, i sometimes think silva would rather be a slap stick comic than a fighter, it was way overboard and against someone with power in his hands. He got away with it against bonnar cause for bonnars size he doesnt have power

if silva had somehow beaten wiedman that night with his clowning then it would have been 1 of the most humiliating defeats in the history of mma. But it shouldnt really be surprising that a professional Fighter managed to do what needed to be done. I think people just got used to silva getting away with his ridiculous antics for so long they kind of hoped it would continue, but in reality a man cannot keep getting away with such ridiculous antics.

This is true and I would actually change my vote to Spider as well because theres gonna be a different gameplan this time for Silva.

Also the truth is Weidman does not get past any of these MW's if he faces them he's not even a legit top 5 MW.

The way I see it is this:

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare
    #6 Weidman (maybe) Although Hendo and Rockhold might even beat him.

Post edited by Ansem on

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

This is true and I would actually change my vote to Spider as well because theres gonna be a different gameplan this time for Silva.

Also the truth is Weidman does not get past any of these MW's if he faces them he's not even a legit top 5 MW.

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

This delusional post reeks of Silva-Weidman butthurt.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

Dragon

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

Actually I had Weidman winning the first fight but Silva impressed me more.

Ansem said:

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

Where exactly did Silva impress you in that fight?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Dragon
    PoloRidah said:

Ansem said:

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

He was able to stuff Weidman's takedowns later in the fight, I thought Weidman was gonna take him down keep him there and finish him by Sub or tko. Silva got back to his feet and was later able to stuff the takedowns, ofc he got koed eventually but if he can keep his hands up he should be ok next fight.

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    Spider
    Yeah Weidman didn't look like he was getting a takedown after the 1st round Silva needed humbling the way he acted now I want to see the same kind of Silva who fought Vitor and Sonnen in the 2nd fight much more serious and respectful of his opponents abilities.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    Dragon

Yeah Weidman didn't look like he was getting a takedown after the 1st round Silva needed humbling the way he acted now I want to see the same kind of Silva who fought Vitor and Sonnen in the 2nd fight much more serious and respectful of his opponents abilities.

Agreed, if I were Weidman i would try to take him down and keep it there cuz I still see Silva having an advantage on the striking. Mixing it up may not even work well this time because Silva is looking for a few seconds of striking thats it.

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,963Free
    edited December 2013
    Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

He has a belt around his waist. Seems a lot more legit than your opinion on a message board.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

edited December 2013
    If I remember correctly, Chris was landing nice GnP in the 1st before he went full retard and dove for a leg lock. This time I don't think he'll pull something like that and will focus more on maintaining control whilst landing GnP, until a sub presents itself.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,963Free
    Ansem said:

PoloRidah said:

Ansem said:

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

He was able to stuff Weidman's takedowns later in the fight, I thought Weidman was gonna take him down keep him there and finish him by Sub or tko. Silva got back to his feet and was later able to stuff the takedowns, ofc he got koed eventually but if he can keep his hands up he should be ok next fight.

One reason that Silva's TD defense is so good is because he keeps his hands down a lot. If you get him to keep his hands up then it opens him up for the takedown.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

edited December 2013
    Dragon

Ansem said:

PunchBag said:

Seriously this ^^^

#1 Vitor
    #2 Machida
    #3 Silva
    #4 Mousasi
    #5 Jacare

He has a belt around his waist. Seems a lot more legit than your opinion on a message board.
    Serra vs GSP 1

JDS vs Cain 1

Weidman vs Silva 1

history tends to repeat itself once in ahwile.

Post edited by Ansem on

• NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free

Vitor if anyone.

He's the one that scares me.

Machida will run like the dickens.

Jacare's strength is also Weidmans strength and Weidman has better striking/pure wrestling.

Mous is weak against wrestlers.

Although if Vitor fights out of Brazil he's screwed.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,758Free
    Nobody ever. Vitor has the best shot by far though.

Vitor if anyone.

He's the one that scares me.

Machida will run like the dickens.

Jacare's strength is also Weidmans strength and Weidman has better striking/pure wrestling.

Mous is weak against wrestlers.

Although if Vitor fights out of Brazil he's screwed.

This pretty much.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.