GSP is the ONLY fighter with personal issues !!!

skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 806Free
... right ?

I think it was kind of "cheap" how he claims to have personal issues as a reason to simply take a break and vacate the title, sorry.

As Hendricks said, everybody got problems and personal matters that will often hold you back in life but that doesnt mean you gonna quit !

Can you imagine if we were to quit our jobs, ask for a break, because we got personal matters at home ?!

If he would lose a fight due to his lack of focus based on these "personal issues" that would be totally acceptable.

In my opinion, GSP might have personal issues going on BUT he also got some other issues like: Hendricks rematch, Brown, Condit 2, Woodley and Lawlor .. thats right .. old days where he would defend his legacy against Kosh, Alves and Hardy ARE OVER !

Its almost as if he will work on whatever is going on on his life BUT ALSO wait for things to "cool down" among the WW top contenders. Time to study all these new upcomers and wait for them to fight among themselves and perhaps wait for some of them to be less hungry. GSP saw that his legacy was in jeopardy when he fought Hendricks and on the back of his head, he knew (and he knows) things will only get worst !

Thoughts ?!
Tagged:

Comments

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free

... right ?

I think it was kind of "cheap" how he claims to have personal issues as a reason to simply take a break and vacate the title, sorry.

As Hendricks said, everybody got problems and personal matters that will often hold you back in life but that doesnt mean you gonna quit !

Can you imagine if we were to quit our jobs, ask for a break, because we got personal matters at home ?!

If he would lose a fight due to his lack of focus based on these "personal issues" that would be totally acceptable.

In my opinion, GSP might have personal issues going on BUT he also got some other issues like: Hendricks rematch, Brown, Condit 2, Woodley and Lawlor .. thats right .. old days where he would defend his legacy against Kosh, Alves and Hardy ARE OVER !

Its almost as if he will work on whatever is going on on his life BUT ALSO wait for things to "cool down" among the WW top contenders. Time to study all these new upcomers and wait for them to fight among themselves and perhaps wait for some of them to be less hungry. GSP saw that his legacy was in jeopardy when he fought Hendricks and on the back of his head, he knew (and he knows) things will only get worst !

Thoughts ?!

i believe you

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,140Free
    Wrong section.

Everyone already knows GSP is a coward though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free
    edited December 2013
    I think he has also been questioning his sexuality a lot lately and it has been taking a toll on his training camps, sleep schedule, and his sphincter
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 806Free
    GoToGuy said:

Funny how haters rag on GSP every chance they get. Then when he leaves they cry even more. Rhonda and Silva both said they agree with GSP. Hendricks has never been champ, certainly not for 6 years so how would he know what its like. My thoughts? Haters are MASSIVELY butt hurt they didn't see GSP get ko'ed before leaving.

So your point is that if a fighter (a champion per say) thinks he is about to get KOd he should quit the sport ?
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

GoToGuy said:

Funny how haters rag on GSP every chance they get. Then when he leaves they cry even more. Rhonda and Silva both said they agree with GSP. Hendricks has never been champ, certainly not for 6 years so how would he know what its like. My thoughts? Haters are MASSIVELY butt hurt they didn't see GSP get ko'ed before leaving.

So your point is that if a fighter (a champion per say) thinks he is about to get KOd he should quit the sport ?
    Did you even read any of the pressers? What does ^ question have to do with anything related? GSP left because of stress. If he doesn't want to fight anymore than him leaving was the right choice.

GoToGuy said:

GoToGuy said:

Did you even read any of the pressers? What does ^ question have to do with anything related? GSP left because of stress. If he doesn't want to fight anymore than him leaving was the right choice.
    I agree .. GSP is the only MMA fighter under stress !

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,140Free
    GoToGuy said:

GoToGuy said:

GSP is single and has never had to deal with a wife. He doesn't have any children either.

He doesn't know what stress is with his millions of dollars.

Defend to the death!
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Like Dana said, GSP has F*** you money. He can do whatever the F*** he wants.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    gsp isnt coming back
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

GoToGuy said:

GoToGuy said:

Richer than a ****

Man, life is rough
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

GoToGuy said:

GoToGuy said:

Richer than a ****

Man, life is rough
    I lol when he said "GSP left because of stress"

LMAO
  • rain_wizardrain_wizard Posts: 1,378Free
    "If he would lose a fight due to his lack of focus based on these "personal issues" that would be totally acceptable"

Wrong. That explanation would not have been accepted by the MMA troglodyte community. They would simply say he got exposed, KTFO, you know the routine.
    He isn't in a mind set where he feels he can fight to the best of his ability. Who are we to tell him to fight on?

You guys act like he didnt work for his money, the guy dedicated his life to this. Also Hendricks can GTFO, he did better than anyone in years against GSP and lost a close decision but he will he be a welterweight GOAT like GSP? We will see.

Good luck to GSP and hope to see him again in the UFC when the time is right. He isn't your slave you blood hungry ****. :D

Ciao

Bringing the fight against zuffa zombies since March 2010.

Who has had their chin checked recently by GOAT_Wizard?

JohnnybonesJonesFan
    Omyplatypus

Active sig bet:
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,115Free
    I think you don't understand at all what fame means.

Neither does Johny Hendriods.
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,164Free
    I think GSP should have just retired out right. But kudos to him for vacating and not holding on to it.

If he doesn't want to fight he did the right thing I won't fault him for that.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    He did the right thing, he didn't want to fight, so he walked, if he wants to come back in a year or two, there'll be some great fights waiting for him in what will be a totally different division
  • UFC_KOUFC_KO Posts: 186Free
    GSP out of anyone else in the whole sport os MMA has NOTHING more to prove. He has been champ for 8 straight years fighting the top guys every fight and Dominating them . He is always under a lot of pressure. He deserves to take a break/ retire. Everyone thinks he's taking a break because he's "scared" of certain rematches. How about putting yourself in his shoes for 8 years and then tell me how you feel. That's right, you can't.
    WAND-JDS-HENDO-SHOGUN-GSP-BIGFOOT-LAWLER-GONZAGA
    Psalm 144:1-2 "The lord my god trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle"
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    UFC_KO said:

GSP out of anyone else in the whole sport os MMA has NOTHING more to prove. He has been champ for 8 straight years fighting the top guys every fight and Dominating them . He is always under a lot of pressure. He deserves to take a break/ retire. Everyone thinks he's taking a break because he's "scared" of certain rematches. How about putting yourself in his shoes for 8 years and then tell me how you feel. That's right, you can't.

He wasn't champ for eight years.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    GSP is now on my hate list along with Shields!!!
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    ThePack19 said:

GSP is now on my hate list along with Shields!!!

Its about time. Welcome to the team.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free

Can you imagine if we were to quit our jobs, ask for a break, because we got personal matters at home?

The only thing preventing most people from doing just that is not having enough money; GSP is a millionaire, so that's a pretty stupid comment. I don't think there is anything "cheap" or wrong with him quitting. Like he said, it's his right to do whatever he pleases, & he doesn't owe anyone anything (except perhaps Hendricks out of of respect for a fellow fighter).

That said, as a fan, it is a bit disappointing considering his reason compared to what most people have to go through just to earn a living, not to mention scrounging around out enough money to buy PPV's, etc, to make what he does for a living even possible in the first place.

His job probably is extremely stressful, but it's not the same kind of stress most people have. It's not the type of stress that would cause him any worry at all: real stress. He doesn't have to worry about supporting a wife, children, or even himself; he's already got it made..

But people should keep in mind, he isn't just complaining about the stress or pressure itself, but in how it's effecting him. Since he obviously has some issues he needs to sort out, & owes no one anything, he was absolutely right to step away for a while.

He also stayed classy & CHOSE to vacate the belt & not hold anyone else back. Dana White even said that GSP & GSP alone made the choice to vacate it & provide the opportunity for people like Hendricks, et al, to accomplish what he has. Very classy, in typical GSP fashion.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    GSP does not need a single excuse to retire/quit or take a break,it is his RIGHT to do what ever the heck he wants.It is none of Dana's business or any fans or the UFC.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,532Elite

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Hayden512 said:

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    Hello @Hayden512

How have you been?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited December 2013
    WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    Hello @Hayden512

How have you been?
    I've been good man. Staying busy so I haven't been around here much. On break for a month though so I should be on more often.

What's new with you?
    Post edited by Hayden512 on
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Hayden512 said:

WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    Hello @Hayden512

How have you been?
    I've been good man. Staying busy so I haven't been around here much. On break for a month though so I should be on more often.

What's new with you?
    Same old **** mostly

Working a lot and wrapping up Christmas shopping

Glad to hear things are well
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited December 2013
    WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    Hello @Hayden512

How have you been?

What's new with you?
    Same old **** mostly

Likewise dude. Almost didn't recognize ya with a different avatar haha.
    Post edited by Hayden512 on

Hayden512 said:

WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

WarWest said:

Hayden512 said:

Lolwut?

Came in to say this.

I'll be leaving now.
    Hello @Hayden512

How have you been?

What's new with you?
    Same old **** mostly

Likewise dude. Almost didn't recognize ya with a different avatar haha.
    LoL

I'm only doing it for Christmas then I'm changing it back. I think I'm going to change it to Ralphie here in a minute though
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine