**UFC 168: Chris Weidman (c) vs Anderson Silva BREAKDOWN**

NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
edited December 2013 in UFC
The rematch of the century is just around the corner boys and girls. You know what time it is....

via UFC: http://www.youtube.com/UFC

ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!

IN THE RED CORNER!!!! DEFENDING UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION!!

CHRIS "ALL AMERICAN" WEIDMAN

Height: 6 ft. 2 in. (187.96 cm)
Weight: 186 lbs (84 kg; 13.3 st)
Reach: 78 in (198 cm)
Fighting out of: Garden City, New York, USA
Team: Serra-Longo Fight Team
Rank(s): Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, NCAA Division I Wrestler

Mixed martial arts record
Total: 10
Wins : 10
By knockout: 4
By submission: 3
By decision: 3
Losses: 0

Highlights/Notable Wins

IN THE BLUE CORNER!!!!!!!!!! THE CHALLENGER!!!!!!!!!!

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA

Height: 6 ft 2 in (187.96 cm)
Weight: 185 lbs (84 kg; 13.2 st)
Reach: 77.6 in (197 cm)
Fighting out of: Curitiba, Brazil
Team: Blackhouse MMA
Rank(s): Black prajied in Muay Thai, Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Black belt in Judo, 5th dan black belt in Taekwondo, Yellow rope in Capoeira

Mixed martial arts record
Total: 38
Wins: 33
By knockout: 20
By submission: 6
By decision: 7
Losses: 5
By knockout: 1
By submission: 2
By decision: 1
By disqualification: 1
Draws: 0

Highlights/Notable wins

Keys to victory - Weidman: In my opinion, Weidman needs to look for the takedown, early and often. Keep Silva on his toes and pressure him. If Chris allows Silva to control the pace of the fight he'll be in for a rough evening so he needs to keep Silva's back against the cage and work him over with dirty boxing and get on him on the mat. Stay aware of any sub attempts Silva may throw up and possibly work in a few of his own. Ground and pound is a must, it keeps Silva from moving and working a choke or armbar. Weidman will need to pace himself as this is his first 25 minute fight.

Keys to victory - Silva: In my opinion, Silva is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen get in the Octagon. To win this fight against the very dangerous champion, Silva will need to keep his range, his back off the cage and avoid being put on the mat. His striking is much more varied than Weidman's and much more accurate. He'll need to pick his shots and be weary of Weidman's power. On the mat he'll need to either work for a choke or to get back to his feet. Leg kicks will be one of the most valuable parts of his arsenal in this fight as Chris is nearly as long as Silva, Silva will have to use every advantage he's got if he's looking to pull out a win.

Personally I'm picking Weidman to win via UD, after 25 mins of superior wrestling and GnP. But that's just me. What about you guys who you got?
Post edited by NikkiNeversleep on

Comments