UK Fans And BT Sport

BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
Every evening this week on BT Sport 2 there is a past UFC card on (around 11.30pm so set the sky + box!) the first one is Monday with the Korean zombie and Aldo card, I think bones v gus is on Friday, Henderson v pettis, Cain v jds2 and Gsp v Hendricks!

Well worth a rewatch!!
*Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    Sounds good wish they went with some older events I have GSP vs Hendricks, Bendo vs Pettis and Gus vs Jones already recorded.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    BT are delivering some good programming at least. They have made a great start already IMO

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,140Free
    I have no idea what BT sports is.

Is that free cable service or something?
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    BT Sport is a ppv channel in the UK. We pay £12 per month to watch football matches, rugby, basketball and they show all things UFC including every event, a weekly news show, interviews, countdown shows etc.
    They are a must the hard core ufc fan!

It is, the only downside is live shows are at 3am Sunday morning unless the card is in Europe.

Does anyone know how the digital events next year will effect us?
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Thanks for letting us know @ Bobmyster ..... It's brilliant >>> BT Sports has a lot of UFC related programs ,,,, a LOT better than Setanta and ESPN ever provided .... already have UFC 168 set to be recorded and watch it re-live later on + I might record some of those other cards.
  • poonmachinepoonmachine Posts: 1,746Free

yeah tis B.S cetain cards can only be viewed on the Digital fight pass like the upcoming UFC in Singapore and the London card
    FF

Rickson Gracie

Wanderlei Silva

Thiago Alves

Nogueira

yeah tis B.S cetain cards can only be viewed on the Digital fight pass like the upcoming UFC in Singapore and the London card
    That is bs especially the London card being on digital when I'm in the UK. How much is this **** gonna cost?
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

That is bs especially the London card being on digital when I'm in the UK. How much is this **** gonna cost?
    I understood that those card are for the people in that area and everyone else has to pay. So UK card is for UK

I could be wrong tho

edited December 2013
    fobar said:

I understood that those card are for the people in that area and everyone else has to pay. So UK card is for UK

I could be wrong tho
    That would make sense I hope its like that. I wonder how many cards are on a month if it's 2 or
    1 really good card I'd definitely pay it but why would I pay for UFC Singapore if it's the only event that month when the only guy I really want to watch is Kawijiri and the main event. Do you know how much it will be heard someone say $9.99 that's about £6-7 right? Guess it's not to bad
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

fobar said:

I could be wrong tho
    That would make sense I hope its like that. I wonder how many cards are on a month if it's 2 or
    1 really good card I'd definitely pay it but why would I pay for UFC Singapore if it's the only event that month when the only guy I really want to watch is Kawijiri and the main event. Do you know how much it will be heard someone say $9.99 that's about £6-7 right? Guess it's not to bad
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-gives-glimpse-at-content-plan-pricing-for-new-fight-pass-digital-network/

“People don’t understand … the fights that we do in China are for China,” White told MMAjunkie. “The fights we do in Europe are going to be for Europe. But with this new digital network that we’re launching, people who are hardcore fans and want to watch the fights will be able to. It’s a completely new experience because what it’s going to be based around is live fights. Obviously, you’re going to have access to the library and lots of other programming that’s going to be on the network, but there’s going to be a ridiculous amount of live fights.”

UFC Fight Pass will cost subscribers $9.99 per month, according to an official UFC website that went live on Sunday. Twitter user @rossfinkelstein tweeted out a screengrab of the site overnight.

surprised there isn't a thread about this, or have we just missed it?

I haven't noticed one or not with that much info at least should make it. After reading how extensive the library is I'll give it a try it's not like we pay ppv prices so I shouldn't complain to much. I feel bad for the people who do pay ppv prices and have to pay this on top of that to watch.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    It's basically like paying for netflix which seems fair to us.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

It's basically like paying for netflix which seems fair to us.

Totally agree.

• Burb5Burb5 EnglandPosts: 22Ultimate
    I like what BT are doing with the UFC in general but the Beyond the Octagon show is really starting to grate on me after enjoying it when it first started. Caroline Pearce is just a pretty face as a host adds absolutely nothing to the table and they could probably get away with just having Gareth A Davies solo + guests.

Last weeks show was abysmal when trying to explain the way fights are judged in the UFC as well as the 10 point must system, felt like they were being disrepectful of it's core viewership who are MMA fans.
    Burb5 said:

I like what BT are doing with the UFC in general but the Beyond the Octagon show is really starting to grate on me after enjoying it when it first started. Caroline Pearce is just a pretty face as a host adds absolutely nothing to the table and they could probably get away with just having Gareth A Davies solo + guests.

Last weeks show was abysmal when trying to explain the way fights are judged in the UFC as well as the 10 point must system, felt like they were being disrepectful of it's core viewership who are MMA fans.

I agree she is clueless when it comes to mma the conversation gets awkward as hell a lot of the time coz she has no idea there's some decent stuff talked about now and then but when I watch it it's mainly for the lols and that I definitely would bang.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    edited December 2013
    If BT sports is giving complete UFC access as part of a $20 a month plan then how can less than half of the UFC fight programming for half that amount be right? That $10 a month is buying you none of the pay per view event at all which are the only ones any body wants to see any way.(and this does not even factor in all the other sports programming BT is giving you for $20)
    Post edited by UFCCagerattler on
    I get BT SPORT for nothing on two different virgin media boxes after threatening to leave and go to sky you pay a fixed monthly price think it's between £12-15 and you get football/"soccer" ufc events countdown shows and other stuff.

Paying for the library is for hardcore fans from what I've read who like watching every card and I like seeing them all plus old events like pride etc it's still worth it if you think of it costing someone around £21 a month which is probably like $27 for every event possible (and much less for me) plus all the old Pride, WEC, Strikeforce stuff you get in the library the biggest problem imo is for the people paying ppv prices already and having to pay this on top that works out really expensive for them. I just hope this deal is available in the UK if these cards aren't available on BT SPORT.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    I would expect to buy the UFC library as part of Netflix.

Thats what it would be worth to me.
  • Burb5Burb5 EnglandPosts: 22Ultimate
    What is everyone's view of the current state of this show with Christian O'Connell now taking the presenter role in the studio and Caroline Pearce doing the interviews with the fighters and personalities?
    edited February 18
    I prefer caroline! This new guy is trying to be funny when really he isn't! Bring back swish!!!!!
    Post edited by Bobmyster on

• JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
    Yeah roll on Gustafsson v Manuwa so its actually on at a decent time lol Machida v Moussai was a half three start.