Bring back some of the Pride rules?

RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
I like alot of the pride rules they had and I believe the UFC rules give wrestlers a huge advantage. I think upkicks off of your back should be

brought back( even if your opponent is on their knees and/or hands are on the ground), knees and kicks should to opponents with their

knees and/or hands on the ground should be brought back so that wrestlers can't shoot then miss and not be made to pay for it but kicks

and/or stomps to an opponent with their backs or stomach on the ground should not be allowed.
Tagged:

Comments

• Eclipse76Eclipse76 Jimmie RustlerPosts: 1,283Free
    God I miss Pride. ........ :-(
    Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    No

PRIDE was **** stupid and fake
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,950Free
    WarWest said:

No

WW u make me :( ...
  • Eclipse76Eclipse76 Jimmie RustlerPosts: 1,283Free
    WarWest said:

No

Lol.. damn you WW. . . Trollin' me early!!
    Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    Eclipse76 said:

WarWest said:

No

LMFAO!!!!
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,665Free
    Eclipse76 said:

WarWest said:

No

It was fake, not even a troll. Not uncommon for other fighters to take a dive to make some of the PRIDE 'stars' look better.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    Majority of it was very real except a few cases they paid people to take dives, it's not like Chael says where he somehow thinks everyone Wanderlei or Cro Cop ever fought took a dive that's him trolling and trying to discredit there careers.

Anyway OT I agree Pride rules were much better and the current rules just favour the wrestlers.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • I would love if they merged both rulesets of the UFC and PRIDE to make an even more realistic style of combat but it won't happen. I like the idea of elbows, knees on ground, stomps, kicks, up kicks all that, everything, but it does look more violent and brutal, even though it really isn't. There is no difference between a wheel kick knockout or an up kick to a kneed opponent but the opening of more techniques would for sure result in more finishes which is always the goal in fighting.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,184Free
    Head stomps in and elbows out would be the best.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • Head stomps in and elbows out would be the best.

Elbows should not be taken out IMO. They open cuts once in a while but they are also extremely effective in the clinch and in both top and bottom position on the ground. I think if you take away elbows you're going to see a lot more hugging on the cage and weak tied up ground and pound.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    There is no advantage to wrestlers,matter of fact the ONLY rule favors strikers.All strikers have to do is not work themselves back up but simply hang on until the ref stands it back up.
    The ONLY other reason wrestling is dominating is because of the weight cutting and Wrestling is a soport KNOWN for roiding.
    You make this sport LEGIT and the wrestlers would struggle badly,they would have no cardio roiding especially trying to cut weight.The reason they do it is because of the recovery and ability to put back 20 lbs and return to normal.

All this sport needs is to quit being sucky like boxing,make these guys fight at the weight they say are and force BETTER testing,example take blood samples every month for last 3 months.

Pride rules were awful,this is SUPPOSE to be a SKILL sport,not one where you are FORCED to entertain,this is not the WWE.

EVERY single sport survives BETTER than the UFC and they all are allowed to play THEIR way,from going into a hockey defensive shell,to running the football to run the clock,to cycling the basketball to eat up time,they ALL do it.

If the UFC wants to get into the entertainment business then apply for an entertainment license,pay far less tax just like the WWE does.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.