But what IF the leg didn't brake?

najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
It was round 2, Weidman had done more work and looked more tired, he was also bleeding as he had a cut on his face and was bruised because Silva was able to do a lot of damage from the bottom. Anderson was looking more comfortable with his standup, was throwing more kicks and Weidman was starting to look reluctant to attempt takedowns.

Weidman won round 1, but it was a 5 round fight and the outcome is a fluke. That's how I see it.
Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Weidman would of continued to control the fight and probably finished him.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,097Free
    Everyone will believe what they want to believe. also, its break not brake
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    edited December 2013
    Weidman knocked him down in the first and almost finished, and the leg accident happend early in the second... Silva's best attacks in the first fight were the leg kicks, but Weidman was prepared for leg kicks this time. He dominated Silva and won the fight with skill. However, I have to say that Silva's unorthodox techniques can end a fight in a blink of an eye, so who knows!!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    We will never know what could have happened

Captain Obvious thanks you for your time

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,131Free

What is Al Turk jumped over the fence and laid the smack down on them both.

p4p post
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• PRIDEneverDIEDPRIDEneverDIED Posts: 8,957Moderator, Ultimate
    The leg did break. ...thread closed

• kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    After seeing how easily Weidman took down & controlled Silva in Round 1, it's a safe assumption that he would've continued to do that.

Of course, you never know with Silva.. one punch is all it takes, but it's pretty pointless to speculate.

The bottom line is Weidman beat him in every aspect & the broken leg, fluke or not, probably wouldn't have effected the overall outcome.
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    +1

i agree with the OP

good thread

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
    I think Silva would of probably been TKO'd eventually. It looked like Chris may have turned his lights out when they clinched but Silva recovered very quickly.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Silva was getting dominated every second of that fight. The only conclusion I could possibly suggest is Weidman would have continued to dominate, theres nothing in that fight that would have suggest otherwise. This coming from someone who picked Silva to win both times.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• LOL first fight was more dominant.
    Andy was actually hurting Chris from the bottom in the 2nd fight.
    Who knows what would've happened, but Andy should've used different kicks instead of the same ones.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,779Free

Silva was getting dominated every second of that fight. The only conclusion I could possibly suggest is Weidman would have continued to dominate, theres nothing in that fight that would have suggest otherwise. This coming from someone who picked Silva to win both times.

LOL first fight was more dominant.
    Who knows what would've happened, but Andy should've used different kicks instead of the same ones.

Both of you, fulfill tyour obligation for the forum bet, your teammates aren't wearing that picture to be cute.
  • So_AmazingSo_Amazing Posts: 751Free
    Current Favorites
    HW: Frank Mir
    LHW: Shogun
    MW: Gegard Mousasi, Chris Weidman
    WW: Carlos Condit
    LW: Ben Henderson, Diego Sanchez, Donald Cerrone,
    FW: BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar
    BW: Dominick Cruz
    FW: Demetrius Johnson
    WBW: Miesha Tate
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    12er said:

Both of you, fulfill tyour obligation for the forum bet, your teammates aren't wearing that picture to be cute.
    wait, we have welchers?????

• So_AmazingSo_Amazing Posts: 751Free
    Completely inspired by this thread
    Current Favorites
    HW: Frank Mir
    LHW: Shogun
    MW: Gegard Mousasi, Chris Weidman
    WW: Carlos Condit
    LW: Ben Henderson, Diego Sanchez, Donald Cerrone,
    FW: BJ Penn, Frankie Edgar
    BW: Dominick Cruz
    FW: Demetrius Johnson
    WBW: Miesha Tate
  • NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    12er said:

I will when I get off of work. Im pretty limited on my work computer.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

12er said:

I will when I get off of work. Im pretty limited on my work computer.
    Fair enough.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Weidman still looked great and NO Silva was not doing a LOT of damage,he was pitty patting from the bottom.Weidman got cut from ONE phantom hit,not from a LOT of damage.
    Chris imo looked much better than the first fight and Silva was returning the kicks because he did not like Weidman kicking him,so he tried to prove a point and kick harder back but it backfired.
    Chris was dominating in a better fashion that i imagined,Silva would have been in for a long night of bruising and damage.Difference being that Chris was thumping Silva with strikes,they were not glancing types that scrape and cut you they were crushing strikes.

Want to know the difference,watch the slow motion when Chris almost KO'd Silva,he crushed his face in.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,954Free
    It's impossible to tell how the rest of the fight would have unfolded otherwise. People are quick to say Weidman would've dominated Silva every round, but that's a huge assumption. One round isn't enough to judge, and Anderson actually got stronger at the end of round one instead of giving up and fading. He could've swollen both of Weidman's eyes shut from the bottom with 3 1/2 more rounds. He could've opened up the cut a lot more, too. Either one of those highly plausible things could've dramatically altered the fight.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    zaksame said:

Weidman still looked great and NO Silva was not doing a LOT of damage,he was pitty patting from the bottom.Weidman got cut from ONE phantom hit,not from a LOT of damage.
    Chris imo looked much better than the first fight and Silva was returning the kicks because he did not like Weidman kicking him,so he tried to prove a point and kick harder back but it backfired.
    Chris was dominating in a better fashion that i imagined,Silva would have been in for a long night of bruising and damage.Difference being that Chris was thumping Silva with strikes,they were not glancing types that scrape and cut you they were crushing strikes.

Want to know the difference,watch the slow motion when Chris almost KO'd Silva,he crushed his face in.

So what you're saying is Chris has a glass face and Hendricks 1, 2 and 5?.. interesting
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited December 2013

zaksame said:

So what you're saying is Chris has a glass face and Hendricks 1, 2 and 5?.. interesting
    Better than the glass jaw and glass shins that have been exposed on Silva his last two fights. Zack has been calling Hendricks 1, 2 and 5 since day 1
    Post edited by 12er on
    12er said:

zaksame said:

Better than the glass jaw and glass shins that have been exposed on Silva his last two fights. Zack has been calling Hendricks 1, 2 and 5 since day 1
    Silva dominated for years still the GOAT I can live with that
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Wtf you talking about? I never took any bets with anyone on this fight.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    Weidman would have continued to dominate the way he did in the first round, and first fight.

Weidman would have continued to dominate the way he did in the first round, and first fight.

That's opinion I can see why people think it but fighters come back after a bad round to win all the time none of us really know how it was gonna play out.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 815Free
    This is a terrible hypothetical!

What if's are a waste of time, and Weidman was dominating the fight. It would be more fair to assume Weidman would have continued to dominate and that it would take a fluke for Silva to win.

Silva really looked like he wasn't into it. I really think he didn't want this fight.

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,423Free
    "But what IF the leg didn't brake?

2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread