Very disappointed in Dana White giving Ronda sub of the night..

ISHAKISHAK Posts: 196Ultimate
I have always been a big supporter of Dana White. I think he works hard and is very passionate about the UFC. But I completely disagree with him giving Ronda sub of the night over Miller.

He wants to push her so hard, he screws over his other fighters. Ronda has already beaten Tate, with the exact same move and a huge favorite. No surprise, but he makes sure right after the fight to announce she will be the main event and then proceeds to give out posters with her on them. She then gets fight of the night bonus and sub of the night as well.

I am not a big fan of Miller, but he 100% deserved that sub bonus.

Dana if you are going to play favorites, try not to be so obvious about it....
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    Miller was more deserving of the bonus his arm bar was better and not as expected as Rondas
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    Especially after getting fight of the night bonus. She made 140,000 in bonuses plus what ever they gave in the locker room. Jim should of got it......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Yeah they did Jim Miller dirty.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• ISHAKISHAK Posts: 196Ultimate
    It would be nice if someone had enough guts to question Dana about things so bias. He doesn't mind getting upset and giving his opinion. Again, big fan of Dana, just thought this was a real BAD call!
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    edited December 2013
    I agree Millers Sub was more technical and just beautiful to watch, BUT I ain't gonna lie Ronda transition to the armbar was also pretty good... She's a beast!!!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Dana has already admitted to having favorites. It's really no different than any job though. Every boss has their favorites, it just sucks his fighters are getting screwed out of life changing money because of it.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 859Free
    Dana felt bad for Rhonda getting boo'd and gave her the bonus to keep her from crying some more.

I felt Miller deserved it too.
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Yeah let's give Ronda 150K on top of her purse when Miller subbed a 3rd degree black belt in round 1 and Ronda subbed a girl she already subbed before...

Ridiculous ****.
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,196Free
    They're just trying to breath some life into woman's MMA.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Ya i agree Miller got a sub over a BJJ black belt ,nobody would say Miesha is a BJJ expert over Rhonda,it was totally expected of her to sub Miesha.
    The problem is that Dana is a salesman for the UFC,he has to continue to make women fights especially Rhonda's look important.I think if he did not give Rhonda the sub of night, the media would have been all over him asking him why not,but nobody really cares about Miller anymore so,he could fly under the radar giving it to Rhonda.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    He should give her sub of the year
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,465Free
    WarWest said:

He should give her sub of the year

Bobby Green should get sub of the year for his comeback win over Volkmann.

Everyone knows this.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    Ronda being champ is already gonna make bank + her win bonus + FOTN bonus.

I agree, Miller should have gotten it. They should have split it up, not like that **** deserved both bonuses.

I hope she tests positive for being a man and is forced to forfeit both of his bonuses, then Miller will get it.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,488Free
    Jim miller definitely deserved it. That gogoplata transition to the inside armbar was a submission only a master could pull off. Way more impressive than a simple armbar by ronda(which we all expected to be honest)
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• AngelofDeathAngelofDeath Posts: 89Ultimate
    Let's be honest; there have been a lot of snubs in favor of more high-profile fighters in regards to fight bonuses. No one should be surprised. Definitely won't be the last time.

Plus, Rousey's purse was outrageously low (almost the same as Miller's), considering Weidman banked something like 400k.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free
    edited December 2013

Plus, Rousey's purse was outrageously low (almost the same as Miller's), considering Weidman banked something like 400k.

Why does Rousey deserve more than 50k to show 50k to win? She has 8 pro fights. She cannot strike very well as Tate (the wrestler) tagged her badly multiple times and got the better of the standup imo. She has 2 title defenses one of isn't even a defense but an inaugural title fight. The other is against Tate who is now 0-2 in the UFC. There are dozens of better male fighters who are much more skilled than Ronda who get paid 8k to show 8k to win.

As far as the SOTN goes I completely agree. Jim Miller 100% deserved that award and I couldn't believe they gave it to Ronda. She now gets to go home with $250k in show + bonus money and that's not even counting the PPV bonus she will receive (probably in the ballpark of $1m thanks to Anderson and Weidman bringing in all the buyers).
    Post edited by iNOOB on
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

iNOOB said:

Why does Rousey deserve more than 50k to show 50k to win? She has 8 pro fights. She cannot strike very well as Tate (the wrestler) tagged her badly multiple times and got the better of the standup imo. She has 2 title defenses one of isn't even a defense but an inaugural title fight. The other is against Tate who is now 0-2 in the UFC. There are dozens of better male fighters who are much more skilled than Ronda who get paid 8k to show 8k to win.

As far as the SOTN goes I completely agree. Jim Miller 100% deserved that award and I couldn't believe they gave it to Ronda. She now gets to go home with $250k in show + bonus money and that's not even counting the PPV bonus she will receive (probably in the ballpark of $1m thanks to Anderson and Weidman bringing in all the buyers).
    Wholeheartedly agree with you and most everyone else about Miller getting the sub bonus, but you might want to rewatch that fight and take a peek at the stats.

Also, none of those "dozens of male fighters" have belts or make the company nearly the amount of money Ronda does.
    I'm not saying they should be making as much as Ronda. I'm saying Ronda is making plenty considering her skillset. Don't feel bad for the woman who likely banked over $1 million in show money + bonuses + PPV shares + sponsorships.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think anyone "feels bad" for her. She's probably one of the wealthiest figures in the sport by now. I'm simply arguing that her base pay seems oddly low for a champion and superstar of the sport in an extremely high-profile fight that was originally supposed to headline this PPV event. Name me one male champ that makes that little and brings in as many views or as much money. Hell, Mighty Mouse got 125k just for showing up a couple weeks ago.
    Ronda makes plenty. I don't see why they wouldn't want to split it up. She's already getting the FOTN bonus, why not just give Miller the SOTN for an equally good, if not better, submission? I don't get it, man. That's **** up.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • the_vageniusthe_vagenius Posts: 219Free
    i think jim shouldve got it, but ronda would sub miller by armbar too hahahha idk it would be a good fight tho
    \
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    She took the Triple H route and slept with the boss. Doing that comes with a lot of perks, bonuses being one of them.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
    edited December 2013

I don't think anyone "feels bad" for her. She's probably one of the wealthiest figures in the sport by now. I'm simply arguing that her base pay seems oddly low for a champion and superstar of the sport in an extremely high-profile fight that was originally supposed to headline this PPV event. Name me one male champ that makes that little and brings in as many views or as much money. Hell, Mighty Mouse got 125k just for showing up a couple weeks ago.

Ben Henderson made $78k (39k to show 39k to win) in his SECOND title defense against Nate Diaz. Demetrious Johnson made $58k (29k to show 29k to win) against John Moraga his first title defense. Cruz made $40k in his fight with Faber. If the payouts were available for all cards I guarantee I could find more.

Ronda doesn't bring in as many views as you would think. Her two fights in the UFC had big name fighters on the card with her. UFC 157 (Machida, Hendo, Urijah Faber, Kos, Lawler) UFC 168 (Anderson, Weidman, Barnett) < obviously one of the most anticipated rematches ever in Silva vs Weidman 2 sold all the PPVs.
    Post edited by iNOOB on

• TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 424Free
    I like how Dana complains about the Canadian's giving GSP an undeserved fight of the night then he pulls this crap. Rhonda's armbar wasn't even comparable to Millers.
    Ronda is a good draw, but I believe in order for her to sell ppvs, it really needs a strong undercard. Back in Feburary, like iNOOB mentioned, it had Machida vs Hendo as co-main, big fight right there, could easily have been a main event.

UFC 170 has Evans vs Cormier, which was already gonna headline, and that card already has some good fights on it. Which I am very thankful for because I am probably going to get tickets to that event.

Back on topic, Miller got snubbed. Dats it.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • ISHAKISHAK Posts: 196Ultimate
    For me, its not about who needed the money more. To be honest Ronda's throws had me jumping off my couch. I don't like her, but I respect the way she was handling her business.
    Maybe I haven't noticed it in the past because I thought it was a matter of opinion on the fight bonuses, but this decision was so biased and unprofessional its hard to overlook.
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 556Free
    How can anybody be a fan of Dana? All the guys cares about is money, he goes back on his word all the time. He calls any non UFC fighter a can. Ronda is his new cashcow and I for one will not buy an event with her headlining it.