Weidman vs. Belfort will be THE Biggest Super Fight of All Time.

Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,720Free
edited January 3 in UFC
And is happening in Las Vegas, AMERICA. Likely in May or in July at Latest.

Confirmed by Espn:

"
LAS VEGAS -- The UFC is planning to promote a middleweight title fight between Chris Weidmanand Vitor Belfort in Las Vegas.

UFC CEO and co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta confirmed the plans to ESPN.com via text on Thursday. Weidman will be seeking the second defense of his 185-pound title.

"Depending on Chris Weidman, I'd like to do Vegas [in] May or July," Fertitta said.

Belfort (24-10) has not fought inside the U.S. since August 2011. He fought three times in 2013, all of which took place in his native country of Brazil.

The 36-year-old has been approved a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy in Brazil, but would have to apply before the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the same privilege in Las Vegas.

Keith Kizer, executive director of the NSAC, has expressed some doubt in Belfort's chances at receiving approval to use TRT, based on a positive drug test he submitted in Las Vegas in 2006.

Belfort has defended his use of TRT numerous times in 2013. Immediately after watching Weidman's second-round TKO victory over Anderson Silva last weekend in Las Vegas, Belfort expressed confidence he could receive a TUE there if necessary.

"I'm able to fight anywhere," Belfort said. "I have done everything by the book. Everybody knows that people cheat but I don't. I'm very open and very loyal to my principles."

Ray Longo, Weidman's head trainer, told ESPN.com on Thursday he expected the fight would take place within the United States and holds some reservation over the legitimacy of Belfort's previous TRT use.

"I know Chris is beating the guy but why give him an advantage?" Longo said. "Why does he deserve that? All he did was abuse his body with steroids so that now he needs the exemption. It's bull----."

Belfort made his UFC debut as a heavyweight in February 1997. He won the UFC light heavyweight title against Randy Couture at UFC 46 seven years later. He fought Silva for the middleweight title in February 2011, suffering a first-round knockout.

Weidman (11-0) is the No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to ESPN.com. He took the title from Silva in a second-round knockout in July, and then defended it against the Brazilian at UFC 168 via second-round TKO."

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/10233754/ufc-promote-chris-weidman-vitor-belfort-title-fight

This is a Super fight no doubt about it between THE 2 BEST fighters in the World right now by Kilometers, nobody else even comes close.

And being as that it will take place in the USA makes it all the more interesting. Both are coming off the biggest years an mma fighter can possibly have.

This will be the best and biggest fight of all time no doubt about it.

Vitor:

Weidman:

So who takes it and how? 

Thank you and please Discuss.
Post edited by Weidman__the__Great on

Weidman vs. Belfort will be THE Biggest Super Fight of All Time.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
Tagged:

Comments

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    I read about this earlier. I'm very excite about dis.

May or June would be a good time, I will definitely look into getting tickets, I'd love to see that fight live.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,720Free
    Weidman wins via Submission.
    NyteRyder said:

May or June would be a good time, I will definitely look into getting tickets, I'd love to see that fight live.

This. Who you got winning and how?

• S6XStringz_S6XStringz_ Posts: 62Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Should be a good one. I'll be rooting for vitor but man that won't be an easy victory for either guy.

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    Weidman wins Via KO/Tko.
    No TRT for Belfort means his chances went from decent to very slim.

NyteRyder said:

Tough call. I wanna say Belfort because of the streak he's been on, but then Weidman just took out the GOAT twice in one year.

It's hard for me to pick a winner, that' what makes this fight more interesting.

But if I'd absolutely had to, I'd go with Weidman, but not by much. I can definitely see Belfort winning this.

Belfort vs Machida for the belt would be sick.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    PATSTER said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

Tough call. I wanna say Belfort because of the streak he's been on, but then Weidman just took out the GOAT twice in one year.

It's hard for me to pick a winner, that' what makes this fight more interesting.

But if I'd absolutely had to, I'd go with Weidman, but not by much. I can definitely see Belfort winning this.

Lol you're trying to have a conversation with _Fake_Weidman_Fan_?

Lmao, have fun with that.
    He asked me a question. I gave him my honest response.

Dats it.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    Weidman wins Via KO/Tko.
    Account bet? I have no idea if he will or not. I'm just saying if the article is true and he doesn't get the go ahead to use in states it will be bad news for him.
    PATSTER said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

Lol you're trying to have a conversation with _Fake_Weidman_Fan_?

Lmao, have fun with that.
    Bored again? Nothing better to do than just troll away and spam pointless nonsense? Exciting man.

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

Yeah, I think this fight will come down mainly to just whomever makes a mistake first.

Belfort/Machida is an inevitable fight that will happen somewhere down the line though, and will be amazing to watch.

• Jason_H.Jason_H. Posts: 2,188Free
    Weidman wins Via KO/Tko.
    Weidman the Great, we've been buddies during the Anderson Silva ride but now I'm hopping on a bigger and badder train, the Lygoato Express. The American WeidMustang vs the Lygoato Express will be the best fight of 2014.
    What??
    edited January 3

Account bet? I have no idea if he will or not. I'm just saying if the article is true and he doesn't get the go ahead to use in states it will be bad news for him.

theres no way they would allow someone who has tested positive for steroids a trt grant in america, where things are actually regulated unlike that clownhouse jungle in brazil.
    PATSTER said:

Great spam thread _Fake_Weidman_Fan.

Even though it's probably your 500th, it is right up there with the best of them.

Fakest mma fan ever.
    Post edited by Weidman__the__Great on

PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

Great spam thread _Fake_Weidman_Fan.

Even though it's probably your 500th, it is right up there with the best of them.

Fakest mma fan ever.
    Damn man, did you make that one up on the spot? Because that was funny as hell.

Good job, _Fake_Weidman_Fan_
    Lol Gotten to.

Weidman wins Via KO/Tko.
    Jason_H. said:

Weidman the Great, we've been buddies during the Anderson Silva ride but now I'm hopping on a bigger and badder train, the Lygoato Express. The American WeidMustang vs the Lygoato Express will be the best fight of 2014.

Sorry man but Mousasi is gonna spoil that party.

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,589Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Probably the best thread I have ever seen from you... but my answer will be short, Vitor by KTFO!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Why wait til May? They're both healthy..
  • Ninja_NujabesNinja_Nujabes Posts: 457Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Vitor by murder, brutal brutal murder..cant wait
    WAR 209 !

PATSTER said:

Vitor was ****ing dudes when Weidman was in elementary school lmao

Wait, what...
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    PATSTER said:

WAR BIG COUNTRY!!!
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    Belfort ahead in the poll so far 12-6.

MilesGun said:

Why wait til May? They're both healthy..

They need sufficient time to promote the biggest super fight in ufc history.

And vitor needs time to get back in shape once he gets denied his daily roids intake.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    It would be if you considered Slva a can,i consider him big time over rated but not a can.
    The problem is that Vitor is a known cheat and not long ago was cutting from 235 the same as Rumble,so he is really cheating the weight class.That type of fighter is NOT legit,so it ruins any greatness from the fight.

There have been MANY legendary fights and honestly i can't say any one was steps above the others.Legendary means you climbed the pinnacle to the top,it does not mean two cans like Bonnar and Forrest slugging it out like amateur fighters in a bar.

Silva-Weidman
    GSP-Hendricks
    Cain-JDS
    GSP-Hughes
    Penn-Hughes
    These are examples of legendary fights.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

It would be if you considered Slva a can,i consider him big time over rated but not a can.
    The problem is that Vitor is a known cheat and not long ago was cutting from 235 the same as Rumble,so he is really cheating the weight class.That type of fighter is NOT legit,so it ruins any greatness from the fight.

There have been MANY legendary fights and honestly i can't say any one was steps above the others.Legendary means you climbed the pinnacle to the top,it does not mean two cans like Bonnar and Forrest slugging it out like amateur fighters in a bar.

Silva-Weidman
    GSP-Hendricks
    Cain-JDS
    GSP-Hughes
    Penn-Hughes
    These are examples of legendary fights.

But doesn't vitor cut weight from his legs though?

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    edited January 3
    Weidman wins Via KO/Tko.
    Belcan gets destroyed....

Hell they need to make this fight like ASAP if roidmonkey cant take his drugs hes gonna get small pretty dam quick........
    Post edited by cruz2990 on
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Las Vegas?

**** that

this should be in Brazil
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,887Free

Las Vegas?

**** that

this should be in Brazil

Afraid he won't be able to get trt waiver in Vegas?

Even vitor fans know he can't win if he doesn't have the Brazilian commission allowing him a 38:1 TE ratio
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,004Free
    edited January 3
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    Vitor is guided by the light of Christ and nothing can stop his holy justice as he takes the belt from the man who sold his soul for glory and **** on Murica.
    Post edited by rodrodMMA92 on

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Belfort wins via KO/Tko.
    12er said:

Las Vegas?

**** that

this should be in Brazil

Afraid he won't be able to get trt waiver in Vegas?

Even vitor fans know he can't win if he doesn't have the Brazilian commission allowing him a 38:1 TE ratio
    more roids = better fight

Look at Bigfoot vs Hunt

Roids won't affect the winner, it just will make the fight better (unless you are GSP)

Vitor wins with or without TRT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    WeidGod opens as a 2-1 Favorite. Sounds about right.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/chris-weidman-opens-as-2-to-1-favorite-over-ufc-title-defense-vs-vitor-belfort/