What do you think about anderson silva moving forward?

bartolinibartolini Posts: 669Ultimate
I'm a big silva fan. On one hand I would like him to retire, he has absolutely nothing to prove. On the other hand, I don't want him going out like he did at 168. How do you guys feel about it? What do you think?
HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE

Comments

• rago1986rago1986 Posts: 3,700Premium
    edited January 5
    He should get owned on the feet by nick diaz or 80 yo RRJ then retire, he will never throw a kick again.

at this stage paul harris would destroy candy
    Post edited by rago1986 on
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    he wants to fight again and he should as long as he thinks he can win

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    He has something to prove, namely that he doesn't suck as a striker and that he has TDD.
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,720Free
    I am honestly concerned about his long term health at this point. I don't think he has much left in his chin or body after what weidman did to him, it would be a struggle for him to get through bisping, rock hold, or even carmont at this point.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.

I am honestly concerned about his long term health at this point. I don't think he has much left in his chin or body after what weidman did to him, it would be a struggle for him to get through bisping, rock hold, or even carmont at this point.

no, just no

this is why your troll skills are lacking

if his recovery goes well then he should be fine

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    edited January 5
    what you don't understand, and many other people is that this guy loves fighting, its in his blood, he won't let this injury end something he likes so much, plus I can see him 2 more years before he goes away, its like you retiring from having sex at 40...(that is if you have already lol)
    Post edited by Banutu on
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,086Elite
    Strikeforce...
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

Lol no. He just doesn't have that fire anymore, dana forced him to fight chris again and he failed miserably to the point where he had to be carried out on a stretcher.

anderson doesn't have that mystique or aura anymore that used to scare people, his puzzle has been figured out and it will be very hard for him to ever get a win in the ufc ever again against anyone in the top 10.

• najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    PakaL said:

Strikeforce...

What about Affliction?

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

Lol no. He just doesn't have that fire anymore, dana forced him to fight chris again and he failed miserably to the point where he had to be carried out on a stretcher.

anderson doesn't have that mystique or aura anymore that used to scare people, his puzzle has been figured out and it will be very hard for him to ever get a win in the ufc ever again against anyone in the top 10.
    doesn't have the fire anymore? really? really? really?

that makes a lot of sense considering he was asking when he could train again almost immediately after his injury

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

that makes a lot of sense considering he was asking when he could train again almost immediately after his injury
    training and fighting are two completely different things.

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

i agree but what you said made no sense

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    I'm worried because one of his greatest strengths was always being able to handle shots. Now he seems fragile, which doesn't match his game very well.

• saxyousaxyou Posts: 20Ultimate
    I would like to see Silva return but I think if he do he will end up fighting to cautiously and not be as effective as he was before his injury...Anderson Silva will always be the "GOAT" of MMA and the UFC!

I'm worried because one of his greatest strengths was always being able to handle shots. Now he seems fragile, which doesn't match his game very well.

match his game, do you mean dropping his hands/taunt?

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    Silva has nothing to prove, he's already the greatest fighter of all time. Weidman has obviously the skillset to beat him twice, even if the second win was more lucky than the first, 2 wins are still better than zero wins, so no disrespect to Weidman here, Silva **** it up!!!
    I hope Silva comes back and he will end his career with a win, or two, or three, four, five, six!!! :P
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free
    He should rematch The Crippler and then retire

That being said, I have doubts that he could beat The Crippler again, the first fight was a fluke
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

how so?

• 12er12er Posts: 10,833Free
    Gamer9133 said:

Andersons greatest strength has always been mental. He would take their best shots and mock them, then they wilt when they didn't think they could hurt him. He doesn't have the reflexes, chin or the indestructible aura for that anymore.

If he comes back, he'll lose to someone you never thought in a million years he'd lose to.
    12er said:

Gamer9133 said:

Andersons greatest strength has always been mental. He would take their best shots and mock them, then they wilt when they didn't think they could hurt him. He doesn't have the reflexes, chin or the indestructible aura for that anymore.

If he comes back, he'll lose to someone you never thought in a million years he'd lose to.
    he hasn't always did that, though

he did not do it against leben, franklin, hendo, etc, right?

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

how so?
    you said he doesn't have that fire anymore which is obviously not true

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

Gamer9133 said:

no, just no

how so?
    you said he doesn't have that fire anymore which is obviously not true
    he doesn't though.

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    edited January 5
    Silva is wayyyy to old to be fighting at this level. There are few fighters to have found this level success at his age. His body simply can't do it anymore. I thought he should have retired after the second Chael fight.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

The problem with Anderson is the fact that he is not fighting 1-dimensional cans anymore

Anderson has been improving daily and has never looked better, he has impressed me in his last few fights....I never expected him to last so long against Weidmeng, a fighter who knows many dimensions

Anderson has been improving, but the fact is that he simply does not have the skills, he can train every day, but he will never match the pure skills of fighters like Weidmeng

you mean 1 dimensional cans like vitor and hendo?

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,142Free
    Anderson is a Brazilian and grew up eating dogs for breakfast.

Any one who thinks he is retiring before he has wrung every possible nickel out of this career is dreaming.

That said he does not have to fight title fights to make money. H can fight exhibitions and super fights and so on.

He could also train to Olympic TKD and boxing as he has often said he would like to do.

IN my mind he is finished as a champion.
    Gamer9133 said:

The problem with Anderson is the fact that he is not fighting 1-dimensional cans anymore

Anderson has been improving daily and has never looked better, he has impressed me in his last few fights....I never expected him to last so long against Weidmeng, a fighter who knows many dimensions

Anderson has been improving, but the fact is that he simply does not have the skills, he can train every day, but he will never match the pure skills of fighters like Weidmeng

you mean 1 dimensional cans like vitor and hendo?

Hendo has become one dimensional

And Vitor was one dimensional at the time

Now, Vitor is like a Lion, he is unpredictable, you don't know if the kick is coming or a punch.....the wrestling or the jew jitsu
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 826Free

Any one who thinks he is retiring before he has wrung every possible nickel out of this career is dreaming.

That said he does not have to fight title fights to make money. H can fight exhibitions and super fights and so on.

He could also train to Olympic TKD and boxing as he has often said he would like to do.

Pretty much this ^

He will be back, Im sure but the money that he can still collect from UFC by fighting guys like Bisping (no wrestling back ground, no TD, etc)

If he ever decided to pursuit a belt again I think he will do it when (IF) Weidman isnt the champion anymore nor Machida or Jacare. Also, I can see him making a title run at LHW division.

Lol dude there are NO super fights left for anderson at this point. except for maybe vs diaz or carmont or yoel romero.

Lol dude there are NO super fights left for anderson at this point. except for maybe vs diaz or carmont or yoel romero.
    Anderson vs The Crippler II is a superfight