If Anderson Silva returns to the MW division as a contender..

PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,399Free
edited January 7 in UFC
After Silva's last two fights, do you guys feel like anybody else in the top 10 of that division would be able to defeat him?

Here's a list of the current top 10 in that division:
1 Anderson Silva
2 Vitor Belfort
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 Lyoto Machida
5 Michael Bisping
6 Luke Rockhold
7 Mark Munoz
8 Francis Carmont
9 Tim Kennedy
10 Costas Philippou

Which of these guys do you think would give Silva problems, othen than Vitor, for obvious reasons?
Post edited by PoloRidah on

If Anderson Silva returns to the MW division as a contender..

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,399Free
    Souza
    Well I meant to add 6-10 in the rankings in the poll options but I hit enter on accident and this poll posted prematurely.

Editing my post won't allow me to add more poll options, so if you want just post your opinions.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    Souza
    Souza has looked terrifying as of late, so I think Silva would have problems with him. I think that Silva can still take Machida despite his injury.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free
    Souza
    Souza would sub him

Machida would get tooled and so would Munoz, Carmount and possibly Phillipoo(Anderson would run away and win a UD)

Tim Kennedy would beat him

Rockhold and Bisping are toss-ups

Vitor would KTFO him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Souza

Souza would sub him

Machida would get tooled and so would Munoz, Carmount and possibly Phillipoo(Anderson would run away and win a UD)

Tim Kennedy would beat him

Rockhold and Bisping are toss-ups

Vitor would KTFO him

They don't call you a MMA elitist for nothing.

+1
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,747Free
    Machida
    Would like to see if he can hang with bisping on the feet now or handle his pace.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
    Souza

Would like to see if he can hang with bisping on the feet now or handle his pace.

Now that he can't throw leg kicks anymore, Anderson's plan of running away and throwing leg kicks won't work
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free
    Where is the ducks both of them option.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    WeidGOAT will destroy him again.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    I think Mousasi, Machida and Jacare could pose the biggest threats.
    Souza
    12er said:

Where is the ducks both of them option.

He probably would duck both of those guys I listed in the poll options. I meant to list the rest of the guys in the top 10 rankings as well though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,437Free
    Belfort and Gegard are the only tough fights and I'd still pick him

I don't think he will fight Jacare or Machida unless they hold the belt and then I think he'd move up but he beats Machida imo not sure about Souza
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,747Free
    Machida
    Za1994 said:

I highly doubt the commission would ever sanction a 3rd fight between the two, weidman may actually kill him next fight.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    edited January 7
    Souza

I think Bisping makes the most sense. Realistically, Souza and Machida should be fighting each other for the chance to fight the winner of Belfort vs Weidman.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Souza

Za1994 said:

I highly doubt the commission would ever sanction a 3rd fight between the two, weidman may actually kill him next fight.
    Weidmeng might break his neck with a standing Guillotine

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,306Free
    Lol thread is so full of haters it's pointless trying to discuss

edited January 8
    Souza

I honestly wasn't hating when I made this thread. I never had anything against Silva, just thought Weidman would be too much for him.

What are your thoughts Spart?
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,306Free
    PoloRidah said:

I honestly wasn't hating when I made this thread. I never had anything against Silva, just thought Weidman would be too much for him.

I'll rate their chances

1 Anderson Silva
    2 Vitor Belfort 70%
    3 Ronaldo Souza 30%
    4 Lyoto Machida 30%
    5 Michael Bisping 0%
    6 Luke Rockhold 5%
    7 Mark Munoz 0%
    8 Francis Carmont 0%
    9 Tim Kennedy 0%
    10 Costas Philippou 0%

Souza

I gave a legit breakdown

Souza

PoloRidah said:

9 Tim Kennedy 0%%
    Somebodies trolling

PoloRidah said:

9 Tim Kennedy 0%%
    Somebodies trolling
    Yes, the one who said Bisping/Anderson is a toss-up.

Souza

PoloRidah said:

9 Tim Kennedy 0%%
    Somebodies trolling
    Yes, the one who said Bisping/Anderson is a toss-up.
    Brisling has good wrestling

• NikkiNeversleepNikkiNeversleep ChicagoPosts: 5,036Free
    Souza
    2 Vitor Belfort - TKO's him imo.
    3 Ronaldo Souza - Chokes him out.
    4 Lyoto Machida - Outstrikes him.
    5 Michael Bisping - Would probably try to outpoint but find a way to get KO'd.
    6 Luke Rockhold - Would do well until he got caught.
    7 Mark Munoz - Would try to wrestle Anderson to death.
    8 Francis Carmont - Would try to wall n'stall but get KO'd.
    9 Tim Kennedy - Stand a chance of catching him, but probably gets outpointed.
    10 Costas Philippou - I have not made up my mind about Costas yet.
    Kennedy would get beaten badly Weidman was struggling to take him down and is much better than Tim I agree with spart except I'd have the Belfort fight closer and Souza a little bit higher percentage wise.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

Kennedy would get beaten badly Weidman was struggling to take him down and is much better than Tim I agree with spart except I'd have the Belfort fight closer and Souza a little bit higher percentage wise.

He landed 2 out of 3 takedowns attempted in their 2 fights. How was he struggling?
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

He landed 2 out of 3 takedowns attempted in their 2 fights. How was he struggling?
    I haven't checked the stats but he didn't take him down once in the 2nd fight from my memory it was a knockdown he tried for a few in that fight and his attempts got stuffed after the one he landed in the 1st fight, I remember him pressuring Silva against the cage then dropping for one but Silva shook him off if only 3 takedown attempts were counted I can't see it being right I'd have to watch again tho.

Either way Kennedy still loses he's not the fighter Weidman is.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    Lol I don't doubt Kennedy can take Anderson down. It would probably be like Anderson/Sonnen II

• GunniNelsonGunniNelson Posts: 29Free
    Jacare is overrated as ****. Even Rockhold beat his ****. I really hope carmont wins.

12er said:

I haven't checked the stats but he didn't take him down once in the 2nd fight from my memory it was a knockdown he tried for a few in that fight and his attempts got stuffed after the one he landed in the 1st fight, I remember him pressuring Silva against the cage then dropping for one but Silva shook him off if only 3 takedown attempts were counted I can't see it being right I'd have to watch again tho.

Either way Kennedy still loses he's not the fighter Weidman is.
    He completed the only takedown he attempted in that second fight, Anderson was up against the cage and immediately used the cage to get back up. Then they clinched shortly after and Chris knocked him down.

3 take down attempts, 2 landed over 2 fights.

GOATer
  • Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 868Free
    I see a lot of those names there and I think Silva could be looking at a 3rd straight loss.

I think he's a great fighter and don't hate him either.

Most fighters drop a lot more in the rankings after 2 consecutive losses and if Silva is going to come back off of losses like those and get tossed a top guy, it could be problems for him. I mean snappin your leg like that has got to mess with your head.