Personally, I think Browne's elbows should count as illegal '12 to 6's.

HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
Its seriously dangerous. Had he caught Barnett on the temple with the point of his elbow, there could have been brain damage. Plus, I doont see how it is any different than what Jon Jones got a DQ for.
rage.
Tagged:

Comments

• HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free

Look at your clock (if you have one at home.) Then tell me if those were 12 to 6

Btw. Any punch, kick, knee, elbow can cause brain damage. So this is just a bad cover excuse for your butthurt

They were 11:30 to 5:30, at best. Should have been a DQ.

rage.
  • AngelofDeathAngelofDeath Posts: 89Ultimate
    They were pretty cheap, but that's what happens when you train with Jon "Illegal Bones" Jones.
    Mainly disagree, but Andersons KO at ROTR... the infamous 6 to 12 elbow, was wicked.
    rage.
    Sorry, it was Cage Rage. if you have hever seen this, get your popcorn.

rage.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Hayden512 said:

Stupid rule regardless. 12-6 elbows don't hit any harder than any other strike.

I agree

That being said this is also another case that helps prove my point that I have been trying to make for bout 2 years now

Why are strikers told to instantly turn into a wrestler to hear a wrestler when defending a TD?

I think a striker should focus on getting off as much strikes as he can when clinched with a wrestler

I'm not saying it's cool to has zero TDD...I should be adleast at par to stop avg wrestler and non-wrestlers

But a guy like Travis could never out grapple Barnett so I was glad to see him fire off as many strikes as he could when will being threatened to be taken down by Barnett

If more strikers took a stance like that I think it would help turn the table son wrestlers dominance over MMA
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,822Free
    BruteDion said:

Hayden512 said:

I agree

That being said this is also another case that helps prove my point that I have been trying to make for bout 2 years now

Why are strikers told to instantly turn into a wrestler to hear a wrestler when defending a TD?

I think a striker should focus on getting off as much strikes as he can when clinched with a wrestler

I'm not saying it's cool to has zero TDD...I should be adleast at par to stop avg wrestler and non-wrestlers

But a guy like Travis could never out grapple Barnett so I was glad to see him fire off as many strikes as he could when will being threatened to be taken down by Barnett

If more strikers took a stance like that I think it would help turn the table son wrestlers dominance over MMA
    Barnett was already out from the knee, otherwise Barnett gets a takedown.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,582Free
    1.) 12-to-6 elbows being illegal is a stupid rule
    2.) His elbows weren't 12-to-6 anyway
    edited January 8

BruteDion said:

Hayden512 said:

I agree

I think the knee really had him rattled, too. It looked almost like he slipped or judged the distance on the TD wrong, too. It started sloppy and got worlds worse very quickly. That being said, the elbows came straight down. they might look kind of diagonal, but thats only because Browne was torquing his shoulder to get his elbow as high as he possible so he could to come straight down with it... and nobody is saying a word.
    Post edited by HigherFrequency on
    rage.
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,251Free

Look at your clock (if you have one at home.) Then tell me if those were 12 to 6

Btw. Any punch, kick, knee, elbow can cause brain damage. So this is just a bad cover excuse for your butthurt

More like 9 to 3

BruteDion said:

Hayden512 said:

I agree

I think the knee really had him rattled, too. It looked almost like he slipped or judged the distance on the TD wrong, too. It started sloppy and got worlds worse very quickly. That being said, the elbows came straight down. they might look kind of diagonal, but thats only because Browne was torquing his shoulder to get his elbow as high as he possible so he could to come straight down with it... and nobody is saying a word.
    There are lots of people saying something. But its mainly the butthurt ones.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,582Free

BruteDion said:

Hayden512 said:

I agree

Straight up and down is 12-to-6. Anyone that isn't blind can see the elbows were not straight, therefore not 12-to-6.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,565Elite
    edited January 8

Mainly disagree, but Andersons KO at ROTR... the infamous 6 to 12 elbow, was wicked.

Why do you disagree? With legal elbows you can put you're entire body into it as well as hit them with the denser part of your elbow. With 12-6 elbows you're hitting them with the point of your elbow with only the power you can muster up from your shoulder.

Even the people that presented the rule to get MMA sanctioned say its a dumb rule.
    Post edited by Hayden512 on
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free

BruteDion said:

Hayden512 said:

I agree

^ this.

That was a hard **** knee. That would of ruined anyone.

And OP you can search for threads on these 12-6 elbows. I think there are about 50 of them buried somewhere from the gonzaga fight.

( which i am still extremely butthurt from)
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,161Free

More like 9 to 3
    He was standing. If he managed to land 9 to 3 elbows, I think he might have broken his arm.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,245Free
    Should be illegal

He tried to kill Barnett with those elbows
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

More like 9 to 3
    He was standing. If he managed to land 9 to 3 elbows, I think he might have broken his arm.
    What are you talking about

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,161Free

More like 9 to 3
    What are you talking about
    You. Stand-up.

Try to emulate a 9-to-3 elbow.

Proceed to a hospital.

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    LOL at people still being butthurt about Browne killing the War Machine hypetrain. Browne will be fighting for the title very soon.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

LOL at people still being butthurt about Browne killing the War Machine hypetrain. Browne will be fighting for the title very soon.

he might because Werdum sucks

But you are a retarded idiot if you think he beats Cain
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free

waikru said:

I never said he would beat Cain. Cain has more ways to win than Browne. However, Cain will have to overcome the three title defense curse in order to defeat Browne. No one has ever defended the HW crown three times consecutively.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

waikru said:

I never said he would beat Cain. Cain has more ways to win than Browne. However, Cain will have to overcome the three title defense curse in order to defeat Browne. No one has ever defended the HW crown three times consecutively.
    Well Cain isn't a can like most heavyweights

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,711Free

Sorry, it was Cage Rage. if you have hever seen this, get your popcorn.

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,227Free
    CAIN WILL GET DROPPED BY BROWNE ELBOWS. If he make the same mistake as barnett and gonzaga
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,138Free
    ITs the fact he is hitting people in the back of the head that is the foul. I don't care about the 12 to 6 thing.
  • Brad313Brad313 Posts: 2Free
    well if he keeps it up and its blatant, he will get DQ'd like Dutra did

ITs the fact he is hitting people in the back of the head that is the foul. I don't care about the 12 to 6 thing.

Show me evidence of him hitting barnetts back of the head.

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,718Free
    Some jap fighter tried to imitate Browne the other day and got dq'd... he is a bad role model.