We are FINALLY going to find out...

HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
edited January 8 in UFC
If wrestling is better than Judo- as fas as MMA is concerned.

ROUSEY/MCMANN UFC 170 MANDALAY BAY.

*Rousey was competing about 15 pounds heavier than McMann in the Olympics, so this could be considered subjective.

We are FINALLY going to find out...

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
rage.

Comments

• Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,580Elite
    Wrestling.
    Idk if wrestling is better than judo but I've got McMann over Ronda.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    edited January 8
    Rousey is much younger and her Judo has transferred into MMA waaay better than McMann's wrestling. Wrestling is better in general, but Ronda is better than McMann
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    I think what will be interesting is seeing what their game plans will be. Everyone is assuming that McMann will be looking to take Ronda down but I'm not so sure. For as much as we hear about Ronda's striking improving all the time in the gym, I think she looks very amateur when she gets hit. She shies away and often leaves huge openings when she gets tagged. If McMann focuses on keeping distance and out striking her I think she will have a great shot at getting a TKO win.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,738Ultimate
    Judo.
    This is a stupid question. I voted Judo because Ronda is going to beat the hell out of McMann, not because Judo is more dominant than wrestling. Wrestling translates when everyone is the same size and strength. In cases like Meisha Tate, she could be the Daniel Cormier of women's fighting, and still never get anywhere because she walks around so much smaller and weaker than Rousey does.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Owning the haters since day one

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,192Free
    i typed in "womens olympic" into yahoo search and womens olympic wrestling came up 10th and judo wasn't on the list. Pretty obvious what this means.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Wrestling.
    lol womens judo.......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    Wrestling.
    Wrestling is more effective but I have Rousey winning this fight in the first via armbar (safe prediction ). B-)
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Wrestling.
    waikru said:

Wrestling is more effective but I have Rousey winning this fight in the first via armbar (safe prediction ). B-)

lol if rousey tries to armbar McMahon she is gunna get slammed Rampage style
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,253Free

waikru said:

If your right I'll leave the forum forever. If not you just look like a fool with your ridiculous prediction. NOOB
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
    Wrestling.
    wedo619 said:

waikru said:

If your right I'll leave the forum forever. If not you just look like a fool with your ridiculous prediction. NOOB
    lol Wedo picking the champ to win

nothing new here

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    Wrestling.

waikru said:

If McMann tries to slam Rousey, she will have her arm turned into a pretzel.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    Wrestling.
    How many champs in mma history have had wrestling background compared to judoka's......
    imageimage
    Wrestling.
    waikru said:

waikru said:

If McMann tries to slam Rousey, she will have her arm turned into a pretzel.
    how about, no

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,142Free
    I cannot believe we are going to talk about woman's MMA.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    Wrestling.
    I'm rooting for McMann here.

I think she will give Rousey a tougher fight than Tate did.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Wrestling.

I cannot believe we are going to talk about woman's MMA.

Well nobody is forcing you to discuss something you aren't interested in.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Wrestling.
    PoloRidah said:

Good

You're not being a Ronda canboy anymore

Wrestling.

PoloRidah said:

Good

You're not being a Ronda canboy anymore
    LoL You could literally look at Ronda and then look at Tate and know Rousey wasn't going to lose that fight.

McMann doe, she isn't going to get rag dolled like Tate.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Wrestling.
    McMahon is bigger than Aldo

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
    Never mistake the trademark for the truth. Just because fighter X is dominating everyone using a particular discipline doesn't mean that the particular discipline is better than others. People have different skills, attributes, and ability to learn techniques. What is mastered by the instructor may not be transferable to the student.

The winner of this fight will do nothing to add to the judo vs. wrestling debate. There are just too many other variables.
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    Judo.
    Any martial artist knows that wrestlers play right into a submission stylists strengths. In this case Judo. The only way that wrestling would be superior to judo is if Mcmann uses her wrestling to keep this fight standing. Then she has to be the better striker and win the fight there. If she takes Rhonda down she will get subbed. Rhonda to strong and too good
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,721Free
    Wtf kind of poll is this. Boxing » Wrestling. Judo » Westling. BJs » Wrestling. For Christ shakes Wrestling » Wrestling...
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,192Free
    Cole1186 said:

Wtf kind of poll is this. Boxing » Wrestling. Judo » Westling. BJs » Wrestling. For Christ shakes Wrestling » Wrestling...

did u just have a stroke

_TUF1_ said:

Cole1186 said:

did u just have a stroke
    I'm not sure I like your attitude, Mr.
    Seriously tho.. how are two women going to show us if Judo is better then wrestling. Ridiculous.
    edited January 8
    Wrestling.
    Cole1186 said:

Seriously tho.. how are two women going to show us if Judo is better then wrestling. Ridiculous.

All he is referencing is how Rousey is an Olympic medalist in Judo and McMann is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. You're taking it too seriously and seem to be upset this morning.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    Wrestling.
    provided mcmann is well versed in BJJ defense she should win
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PoloRidah said:

Cole1186 said:

All he is referencing is how Rousey is an Olympic medalist in Judo and McMann is an Olympic medalist in wrestling. You're taking it too seriously and seem to be upset this morning.
    Naw ya think that was his point? We got a regular Sherlock Holmes up in here.

I guess a got em' is in order for ya. Your got my dude.
    Wrestling.
    Cole1186 said:

PoloRidah said:

Cole1186 said:

Why are you mad though?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Cole1186 said:

PoloRidah said:

Cole1186 said:

Why are you mad though?
    You want me to tell em why I'm mad?

First I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Literally, I woke up on the left side of my bed... Sh*t ain't right if I don't wake up facing east, aka the right side of my bed.

Second I spilled my breakfast beverage all over my slacks while attempting to avoid one of illegals at the entrance to home depot.

Third home depot was sold out of my favorite ba.. ya no what I'm still to angry to go on. This helped though.