How much money do you think Ronda Rousey's Olympic Medal would be worth on Pawn Stars?

HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
edited January 10 in UFC
I am watching Pawn Stars, and they were talking a little bit about the value of Olympic Medals because someone had wanted to sell one. Rick said "If it was from a well known athelete like Carl Lewis or Michael Phelps, it would be priceless". Well, Ronda Rousey is arguably more popular, and she only won ONE medal, so there arent any others floating around. No doubt if you took it in, Chumlee would buy it... but for how much?
Post edited by HigherFrequency on
rage.
Tagged:

Comments

• HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
    Is there a website to see the ones they have for sale for comparison? I cant find them on Ebay.
    rage.
    I have no frame of reference, but i would say anything less than $50,000 would be a steal. As stated, I have no clue about these things, but i think that I would try to get $500,000 from them if i went in, but I am a fan, so it might mean more to me. If you could get that for $50,000 you could put it in a vault for 50 years and make serious bank.
    rage.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,157Free
    A bronze medal in women's Judo. I got 20 on it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• poonmachinepoonmachine Posts: 1,744Free
    edited January 10

I have no frame of reference, but i would say anything less than $50,000 would be a steal. As stated, I have no clue about these things, but i think that I would try to get $500,000 from them if i went in, but I am a fan, so it might mean more to me. If you could get that for $50,000 you could put it in a vault for 50 years and make serious bank.

LOl on Pawn Satrs they would give her maybe 100-200$ for it. But like RR said due to her recent fame maybe a little more. they have had Olympic medals on there before. They would low ball her and say well you made your fame from MMA not judo
    Post edited by poonmachine on
    FF

Rickson Gracie

Wanderlei Silva

Thiago Alves

Nogueira

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    More than GSP's title belt
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    Did you just say she was arguably more popular than Michael Phelps?
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    Brent555 said:

At this moment in the United States, absolutely. Worldwide- no.
    rage.
    edited January 10

Brent555 said:

At this moment in the United States, absolutely. Worldwide- no.
    They aren't even in the same league in terms of popularity. Not in the United States, not anywhere. Not now, not ever.
    Post edited by Brent555 on

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
    I was looking for how much they were Googled in 2013, but I gave up.
    rage.
    That's a terrible way of measuring, lol. I can guarantee more people know who Michael Phelps is than Rousey regardless of how many times they got googled. She's a female mma fighter who is just recently started getting mainstream media attention, he is the most decorated Olympian of all time. It's not even a contest.

This will be a once a year 21+ card that will not be on PPV.

Tickets sold out.
    rage.
    Brent555 said:

That's a terrible way of measuring, lol. I can guarantee more people know who Michael Phelps is than Rousey regardless of how many times they got googled. She's a female mma fighter who is just recently started getting mainstream media attention, he is the most decorated Olympian of all time. It's not even a contest.

That other comment was not made for this thread. My response to you is that Michael Phelps isn't selling out the Mandalay Bay next month. All i said is she is more popular right now in America.
    rage.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Brent555 said:

Michael who?
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,100Free
    Lol at anyone arguing seriously in a thread which OP states Ronda is more popular than Phelps.

• PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,066Elite
    waikru said:

Brent555 said:

Michael who?

HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,163Free
    Pawn Stars, Rousey, and Michael Phelps all in the same thread.

Only thing it's missing is the devil's herb.

On topic though, I have no idea how much that medal would be worth but you can guarantee that the Pawn shop will low ball dramatically.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    A bronze medal's raw material cost is about $3-$5 US dollars from the last Olympics. So, add her name to it and it might probably be worth around $50-$100 dollars to a regular collector i'm guessing.
    KOTMF said:

A bronze medal's raw material cost is about $3-$5 US dollars from the last Olympics. So, add her name to it and it might probably be worth around $50-$100 dollars to a regular collector i'm guessing.

Name a Ronda Rousey collectable that would sell for more.
    Name a UFC collectible that would sell for more.

To the right collector, this is priceless.
    rage.
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free

I am watching Pawn Stars, and they were talking a little bit about the value of Olympic Medals because someone had wanted to sell one. Rick said "If it was from a well known athelete like Carl Lewis or Michael Phelps, it would be priceless". Well, Ronda Rousey is arguably more popular, and she only won ONE medal, so there arent any others floating around. No doubt if you took it in, Chumlee would buy it... but for how much?

You think Ronda is more popular then Micheal phelps?

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,213Free

KOTMF said:

Name a Ronda Rousey collectable that would sell for more.
    Name a UFC collectible that would sell for more.

To the right collector, this is priceless.
    lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Ansem said:

You think Ronda is more popular then Micheal phelps?
    I found the info for searches last night, and in December 2013 she was more searched for than Phelps. Also, more searched around the Carmouche fight. the rest of the year- no. As far as right now on TV and in the media, yes.
    rage.
  • Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 814Free
    LOL

The guys one Pawn Stars wouldn't buy it. They would say the girl who won it was too much of a **** and no one likes her so it has no value and there not even going to make an offer.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free

Lol did you just say Ronda is arguably more popular then both?

Phelps is the most popular Olympic athlete of all time and Carl Lewis was a mega star

Ronda is not even close to their fake...both are recognized world wide

Ronda would not even get a free drink at a bar while half full

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,319Free

I'm willing to bet Rick has a buddy who knows everything there is to know about Olympic medals. One phone call, and they will teleport to the shop to drop their expert knowledge.

Rick ALWAYS has buddies.

Not always lol.

WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!