mir vs overeem

bartolinibartolini Posts: 670Ultimate
edited January 13 in UFC
Do you guys think this is a loser leaves town fight? They are both coming off of 2 loses. Mir just has looked horrible and overeem without "horse meat" sucks ****.
Post edited by bartolini on
HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE

Comments

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,196Free
    They are both high level HW fighters so they will be kept around. Its not like the UFC can just pull someone as good as these guys out of their ****.

Frank Mir should be retired already.
  • BigmacbubBigmacbub Posts: 1,441Free
    overeem is horrid, he LITERALLY gases in the first round, after he throws a couple of flurry combinations hes winded. Reem is trash
  • Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 859Free
    This fight sucks and I really don't care who wins.

I don't mind either fighter, just there both on their way out. This is like having 2 "special" people fight. There really are no winners.
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    edited January 13
    Overeem is an awesome fighter technically, he just has terrible cardio. He was clearly winning both of his last two fights and only lost because his body wouldn't respond to his brain. Dude couldn't intelligently defend himself because he was sucking wind big time. He was up two rounds against bigfoot but came out in the third with no gas. He blew his wad trying to finish Happa and then couldn't defend himself because he was a walking zombie.

I would like to see Overeem drop 15 pounds of that muscle and come in a shredded 235-240. I really think he has the potential to be a threat to that title if he focuses on getting his cardio better. He needs to realize he would still have a lot of power at that weight still but without sacrificing endurance.

As it stands right now, if he can't get the fight finished in the first round he is gonna lose.

Mir is gonna get crushed regardless. Reem wins this one imo
    Post edited by fourthnorseman on
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,463Free
    Two words: It's Amazin'.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • CarlosBelcherCarlosBelcher Posts: 384Free
    Mir will probably stay, but Overeem is too expensive.
  • bigdw35bigdw35 Chi-TownPosts: 2,802Moderator, Ultimate
    Mir loses he will stay. Reem loses I think he is out. That being said. Mir gets ko'd inside round 1

"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    bigdw35 said:

Mir loses he will stay. Reem loses I think he is out. That being said. Mir gets ko'd inside round 1

I hope they get rid of Reem if he loses to Mir. I'm a fan but if he can't get by Mir then they may as well send him packin.
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,049Free
    Both have glass jaws and no cardio. I'm rooting for Frank Mur though. Reem was an overhyped can and watching his hype train derail has been a lot of fun for me.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    One thing to correct you on would be that Mir is actually coming off 3 losses - Cormier, Dos Santos, Barnett, so if he loses to Overeem that's 4 in a row and pretty close to being cut if you ask me. That said I think both guys will stay no matter what happens. If Mir gets cut he will likely retire and if Overeem gets cut he'll probably go rood in Japan, do some freakshow fights or go back to kickboxing.

I honestly don't know who to pick in this one. I see Overeem KOing Mir in the first, but Mir has power, decent striking and a knack for winning big fights even when he's down and out. We'll see.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 677Free
    I got overeem, but in the travis fight, AO looked very weak for a HW, he got travis pretty rocked but he was unable to finish... and he gassed pretty quick, i mean, this is elite pro fighting, all top 10 fighters should resist at least 15 mins of fighting. So its kinda suspicious AO performance.
    This fight will tell a lot about his future development in the MMA.
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    Overeem should win this. Poster for the event should say so much skill, so little chin.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,888Free
    If overeem cant beat mir he needs to give up entirely. I actually want mir to beat him though.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    They both have the ability to KO each other. Mir doesn't handle pressure well though, as seen in his last fight. He needs to keep his distance and land. And if he gets it to the ground, then he has a great chance at winning the fight.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    I have a hard time understanding why they've given both guys such stiff tests after multiple losses, especially in a shallow division. Plenty o up and comers that Reem and Mir could destroy to get some confidence back.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited January 14
    how funny would it be if mir kos overeem? first fight i will be rooting for mir to win since he faced kongo
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 859Free
    I'm rootin for Mir too I guess.

Mir has just seemed like a lazy mofo, that just doesn't care, for a good while now. Overeem just always seems way too cocky. I mean did he really think beatin Lesnar made him bad **** and he was going to dominate the division after that? lol

To me those 2 are a push. Then I think of Mir snappin Nog's arm, I smile, and then I root for Mir.
  • -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 633Free
    I don't hate Overeem as much as most, and I've been a big Frank Mir fan for a long while, but I just don't see Frank winning this fight. Even if he managed a win, where does he go from there? There are still guys he can beat in the UFC, but not at the top of the division...not any more. Stylistically, this matchup is bad for him.

If he doesn't get the takedown early he'll get finished in the first. If he makes it out of the first somehow, Overeem's cardio is terrible, but Frank's isn't great either after he eats a bunch of power shots, which he does quite often recently and he's almost assured to do it again. So, I would think that if he doesn't get the submission in the first that he'll get knocked out, for sure.

I think this is going to be the last fight of Frank's career. He'll take some job with the UFC and host shows/ do analysis/ provide commentary in the future. I'd love to see him win this fight, but if he does it will likely look like his first fight against Lesnar. Either way, the end is near regarding his career.

I don't hate Overeem as much as most, and I've been a big Frank Mir fan for a long while, but I just don't see Frank winning this fight. Even if he managed a win, where does he go from there? There are still guys he can beat in the UFC, but not at the top of the division...not any more. Stylistically, this matchup is bad for him.

If he doesn't get the takedown early he'll get finished in the first. If he makes it out of the first somehow, Overeem's cardio is terrible, but Frank's isn't great either after he eats a bunch of power shots, which he does quite often recently and he's almost assured to do it again. So, I would think that if he doesn't get the submission in the first that he'll get knocked out, for sure.

I think this is going to be the last fight of Frank's career. He'll take some job with the UFC and host shows/ do analysis/ provide commentary in the future. I'd love to see him win this fight, but if he does it will likely look like his first fight against Lesnar. Either way, the end is near regarding his career.

If Mir wins he should probably retire. He shouldn't make the mistake a bunch of vets do and fight when their time is up and their abilities decreasing.

Mir has already achieved a lot in his career. Has the most wins in the UFC HW division, two time HW champ, and has had some re-memorable fights in his career.

A win would allow him to go out on top. I definitely agree on the him being a host. He is an excellent analyst and is great at breaking down fights. He was a great commentator in WEC and I wouldn't mind him commentating the free cards in the UFC.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Ryan369Ryan369 Posts: 141Free
    Outside of Cain and Junior the heavyweight division is garbage!!
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,888Free
    NyteRyder said:

If Mir wins he should probably retire. He shouldn't make the mistake a bunch of vets do and fight when their time is up and their abilities decreasing.

Mir has already achieved a lot in his career. Has the most wins in the UFC HW division, two time HW champ, and has had some re-memorable fights in his career.

A win would allow him to go out on top. I definitely agree on the him being a host. He is an excellent analyst and is great at breaking down fights. He was a great commentator in WEC and I wouldn't mind him commentating the free cards in the UFC.
    Mir could retire with no shame.

and I agree also he is good to listen to as a commentator
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,196Free
    edited January 14

I'm rootin for Mir too I guess.

Mir has just seemed like a lazy mofo, that just doesn't care, for a good while now. Overeem just always seems way too cocky. I mean did he really think beatin Lesnar made him bad **** and he was going to dominate the division after that? lol

To me those 2 are a push. Then I think of Mir snappin Nog's arm, I smile, and then I root for Mir.

The hype around Reem when he came out of SF was ridiculous. He would have been the favourite to win the HW tournament there if he had stayed there.

Both these guys are highlight reel KO guys - but usually they are on the wrong side of it.
    Post edited by UFCCagerattler on
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    I think Reem is finally going to get a win here.

Mir may try to survive and let Reem gas. I don't really know what to expect going into this fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free

I have a hard time understanding why they've given both guys such stiff tests after multiple losses, especially in a shallow division. Plenty o up and comers that Reem and Mir could destroy to get some confidence back.

i know right???

Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Mir gets ko'ed round 1.

Loser probably walks.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,382Free
    lol at people saying Overeem sucks

probably the same people that thought Brock was HW GOAT

Reem could be undefeated in the UFC if he wasn't retarded

Bigfoot fight he easily should of won, and he should of finished Browne too
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

i dunno man... do you think clean AO can defeat JDS or CAIN?

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,382Free
    Pablosky said:

i dunno man... do you think clean AO can defeat JDS or CAIN?
    He'd beat JDS, he has a chance against Cain in the first round if he goes balls to the wall and tries to take him out in the first, not this "conserve energy" ****
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    im a AO fan really like his clinch game and KO power but...

JDS power > AO chin

• prozacnationprozacnation Posts: 869Ultimate
    mir is actually coming off three losses not two

jds cormier and barnett
    Ufc events I have been too

76, 79,86,90,92,95,100,102,104,108,114,118,121,125,130 , 135, 137, 139

Versus 2, 145,146,148, fox 4, 155, 156, 157, 160 162,166, 168, 171

Up next 173 and 175 vegas

151 dead !!! Thank you ufc