Comments

• HORSEtheBandLIFHORSEtheBandLIF Posts: 500Free
    Who knows what to believe but I think as fans we sometimes ignore the business side of the game, which is important. I don't think Nate is scared of anyone but I do believe that he may have asked for a change in contract before signing to fight Khabib. Either way, I think there are better fights out there for him, stylistically speaking.
    Favourite Fighters

HW: Overeem, FEDOR, Cain.

LHW: Mousasi, SHOGUN, Machida.

MW: ANDERSON SILVA.

WW: Diaz, LYTLE, Silva.

LW: Cerrone, DIAZ, Lauzon.

FW: Garza, ALDO, Zombie.

BW: Bowles, BARAO, Faber.<
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,400Free
    Superfight with Costa?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,766Free

Superfight with Costa?

Wats costa?
    Cole1186 said:

Superfight with Costa?

Wats costa?
    lol you better be trolling
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
    Put him on the UFC 170 card with Bobby Green. I'm going to that event.

If that fight gets added, Rousey/McMann automatically gets booted to the prelims and Diaz/Green is the new headliner.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

If that fight gets added, Rousey/McMann automatically gets booted to the prelims and Diaz/Green is the new headliner.

I thought Rousey vs McMann was already a prelim?

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
  • jamesreed90jamesreed90 Posts: 512Free
    why would he wait for a title fight when he is on a 1 fight win streak with a win over a guy that was coming off a loss? That would be a really long wait seeing as he isn't in title contention. I like Nate but he isn't anywhere near a title shot. I'd like to see him rematch Cowboy or Ross
    Favorite fighters: Roger Huerta

Chael Sonnen

Sara McMann

Ben Henderson and Cowboy Cerrone

Ross Pearson

Ed Herman

Carlos Condit

Rafael dos Anjos

Bandwagon Game:Bruce Leeroy destroyer of my pick Sergio Pettis

Bandwagon Game pick 2:Jim Miller
    edited January 14

why would he wait for a title fight when he is on a 1 fight win streak with a win over a guy that was coming off a loss? That would be a really long wait seeing as he isn't in title contention. I like Nate but he isn't anywhere near a title shot. I'd like to see him rematch Cowboy or Ross

his manager has been saying title fight or we will wait and see what happens
    Post edited by fobar on

• jamesreed90jamesreed90 Posts: 512Free
    fobar said:

Oh I didn't know that i have been off this website for several months and haven't been following news ty. Id like to see him get some tune ups more then maynard before any talks of title fights or title contention fights.
    Favorite fighters: Roger Huerta

Chael Sonnen

Sara McMann

Ben Henderson and Cowboy Cerrone

Ross Pearson

Ed Herman

Carlos Condit

Rafael dos Anjos

Bandwagon Game:Bruce Leeroy destroyer of my pick Sergio Pettis

Bandwagon Game pick 2:Jim Miller
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free

NyteRyder said:

I thought Rousey vs McMann was already a prelim?
    Something about gender equality..
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread

fobar said:

Oh I didn't know that i have been off this website for several months and haven't been following news ty. Id like to see him get some tune ups more then maynard before any talks of title fights or title contention fights.
    I doubt he himself thinks he deserve a title shot, his manager seems to be on crack right now. the worst manager since Tito

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,490Free
    Pretty much confirms that they are ducking Khabib. If he will fight tomorrow and he's not waiting around for a title shot, then why not fight Khabib? Makes no sense, but then again when does anything the Diaz bros do make sense
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,490Free

Ares11 said:

Pretty much confirms that they are ducking Khabib. If he will fight tomorrow and he's not waiting around for a title shot, then why not fight Khabib? Makes no sense, but then again when does anything the Diaz bros do make sense

go watch Frozen again, MMA is clearly too complicated for you
    I would gladly watch Frozen again
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 877Free
    Twitter sucks!

As soon as I read that I think 'well then why did you turn down the fight?', but alas. I'm left with another open ended Diaz comment that leaves me more confused than anything.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,189Free
    He will fight tomorrow. Just not against Khabib.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 633Free
    The Diaz brothers are way more predictable than people think. Stuff like this makes it seem like they don't want fights, but it is obvious that what's happening currently is that they're both weighing their options. They have no problem throwing down with anybody, but why take a fight against a guy like Khabib, who is legit, but won't draw as much attention as a fight with a guy like T.J. Grant perhaps (for a #1 contender, for example)?

If the UFC told Nate that the best they can do for him right now is a fight with Khabib, he'd take it and hype that fight to the best of his ability. However, he's going to wait and see what opportunities may present themselves in the near future and choose what is best for him based on that. In his mind, there's no point rushing to take part in the lesser of two fights...if he can wait a bit and find something better for him, he'll take it.

Besides that, all the while he takes his time, the fans will continue to talk about stuff like this and they'll want to see him fight even more upon his return. This alone could help propel him into a more relevant and profitable fight. If not, it'll still help with ticket sales, if and when he fights Khabib. These guys aren't as stupid as people think.
  • HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free

The Diaz brothers are way more predictable than people think. Stuff like this makes it seem like they don't want fights, but it is obvious that what's happening currently is that they're both weighing their options. They have no problem throwing down with anybody, but why take a fight against a guy like Khabib, who is legit, but won't draw as much attention as a fight with a guy like T.J. Grant perhaps (for a #1 contender, for example)?

If the UFC told Nate that the best they can do for him right now is a fight with Khabib, he'd take it and hype that fight to the best of his ability. However, he's going to wait and see what opportunities may present themselves in the near future and choose what is best for him based on that. In his mind, there's no point rushing to take part in the lesser of two fights...if he can wait a bit and find something better for him, he'll take it.

Besides that, all the while he takes his time, the fans will continue to talk about stuff like this and they'll want to see him fight even more upon his return. This alone could help propel him into a more relevant and profitable fight. If not, it'll still help with ticket sales, if and when he fights Khabib. These guys aren't as stupid as people think.

Yeah, but the "best" thing Nate can probably do for his career is take this fight with Khabib, school him, then come back around asking for a title shot with another huge notch on his belt; more momentum and confidence behind him. He should not get to just stay on the shelf because the Champ of his division is injured.
    rage.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,406Free

Because the current belt holder called him out and expressed his desire to fight Nate. That is the only reason why as he needs another win to get back into the title picture.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    I swear...they read this forum
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free

He absolutely is in title contention, he just KO'D the #2 guy
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    WarWest said:

lol I love Nate too, but Maynard isn't even close to being the #2 guy. I can't even say it sarcastically.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    WarWest said:

12er said:

WarWest said:

lol I love Nate too, but Maynard isn't even close to being the #2 guy. I can't even say it sarcastically.
    Who the **** is higher than Maynard then!?

What's that? Nobody?

Exactly, shut the **** up
    Maynard is a glass jaw bum who has been ktfo in 3 out of his last4 fights. He shouldn't even be in the the top ten. I'd say he should go back to lay and pray but his grappling isn't even good anymore considering he got ragdolled by nate. The only time Nate trains wrassling is when he is wrassling the bong out of nicks hands.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    12er said:

WarWest said:

12er said:

WarWest said:

Who the **** is higher than Maynard then!?

What's that? Nobody?

Exactly, shut the **** up
    Maynard is a glass jaw bum who has been ktfo in 3 out of his last4 fights. He shouldn't even be in the the top ten. I'd say he should go back to lay and pray but his grappling isn't even good anymore considering he got ragdolled by nate. The only time Nate trains wrassling is when he is wrassling the bong out of nicks hands.
    LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Nate is number 5 in the rankings, if he wants a quick title shot he needs to beat either Henderson, gil or grant. Since Henderson already owned him over five rounds i can't see him winning that, he won't fight gil so grant is his best bet. Pretty sure Thompson is getting the next shot and he has already ktfo nate.
    Maynard is #2

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Nope he is number 10