Chris Weidman coach: Anderson Silva diminishing UFC legacy with excuses

fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
“I think these guys just aren’t in touch with reality, and they have to learn how to lose properly and grow from your losses, and move on – instead of making excuses,” Longo said. “Earn your way back up, correct your mistakes. That’s what really being a champion is. One win or loss doesn’t make a champion, but certainly making excuses isn’t being a champion, either.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/chris-weidman-coach-anderson-silva-diminishing-ufc-legacy-with-post-fight-excuses/

Tagged:

Comments

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    fobar said:

Has anyone else within the sport come out and said this, I don't think I've seen anyone else. maybe if more did Anderson might get the message and shut the **** up

Nobody wants to be the first guy to call him out. They likely are afraid of the backlash from all the Silva lovers and fear it could tarnish their own reputation. Longo don't give a ****. He's a honey badger

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free

fobar said:

Has anyone else within the sport come out and said this, I don't think I've seen anyone else. maybe if more did Anderson might get the message and shut the **** up

Nobody wants to be the first guy to call him out. They likely are afraid of the backlash from all the Silva lovers and fear it could tarnish their own reputation. Longo don't give a ****. He's a honey badger

I like the guy, got a bit of I don't give a **** about him. the world needs more like him

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    i don't care what either camp says, there is still the lack of finality between them 2.
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free

i don't care what either camp says, there is still the lack of finality between them 2.

I would love to see Weidman smash him for a third time but to give Silva another immediate rematch would be retarded. The guy needs a minimum of 1 victory over a top five guy to even consider a rematch with Weidman. Anything less would be a slap in the face to not only Weidman, but also to the next #1 contender. I personally would like to see 2 victories over top competition upon his return unless Weidman loses in the meantime. (which he won't)

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,629Free
    Absolutely agreed. Anderson should be ashamed of himself.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
    edited January 15

I would love to see Weidman smash him for a third time but to give Silva another immediate rematch would be retarded. The guy needs a minimum of 1 victory over a top five guy to even consider a rematch with Weidman. Anything less would be a slap in the face to not only Weidman, but also to the next #1 contender. I personally would like to see 2 victories over top competition upon his return unless Weidman loses in the meantime. (which he won't)

I agree, don't think i said anything that disputes that.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • Oh a loud mouthed new yorker running his mouth, imagine that. Why would anyone care what a coach says, he's not even a fighter.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    all I see here is a coach who knows his fighter is not getting as much credit for his win as he would've if he had won differently and who's worried that the former champ putting forward the "this wasn't a legit win" point of view will give this already present opinion more support or acknowledgement...

I don't agree with Silva on this but saying that a fighter refusing to accept a loss is going tarnish his legacy is kinda retarded. The world of fight sports is full of ego maniacs who can't accept to be defeated and Silva is just one in a million in that department.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

fobar said:

This is just like boxing, where some nobody who works for the fighter acts like he kicked Anderson's ****. I don't give a **** about Weidman's coach. (Also, Anderson is correct. Out of millions of fights, that's happened twice.)
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

lol @ all those disagrees....bias ****.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,747Free
    edited January 15

fobar said:

This is just like boxing, where some nobody who works for the fighter acts like he kicked Anderson's ****. I don't give a **** about Weidman's coach. (Also, Anderson is correct. Out of millions of fights, that's happened twice.)
    Twice in the UFC. It's not that rare in Muay Thai.
    Post edited by 12er on
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free
    lol at people getting their panties in a bunch over something anderson said

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Gamer9133 said:

+1

Who gives a **** about Anderson?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Gamer9133Gamer9133 Posts: 2,537Free

Gamer9133 said:

+1

a lot of people

including you

2014 is going to be a long year ^

< img src = " post link here " >

take out all the spaces except for between img src

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

fobar said:

First of all this has nothing to do with boxing, and you always try to make connections, or point out similarities between the two sports when there are very few. Its quite stupid actually and you should just stick to watching boxing imo. (trying not to be to offensive here) but your mma knowledge is limited.

Your statement that Anderson is correct just further proves that. Weidmans coach played a big part in where Weidman is today so regardless whether or not you care what he says, it doesn't take away from the fact that he played a part in the downfall Silva and he has a right to voice his opinion on the matter.

When you say MILLIONS of fights it happened TWICE?! You gone full retard bro... I'm assuming you are talking about Corey Hill and Silva right? So you are saying there have been millions of UFC fights? There have been more leg breaks of that kind in mma.... I have seen four personally. If you include all combat sports its even more than that. And there still would never be fights in the millions dude.

Can't fix stupid

X_X
    It was just an exaggeration to get my point across. In other words, it was a lucky occurrence that rarely happens. As far as using the "B" word on the MMA forum, I'm sorry it upset you so much. To me, it was just another guy in the background acting like he won the fight.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free

Gamer9133 said:

+1

Me, I don't like the guy and every time he opens his mouth i'm like

• Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 814Free
    He really is diminishing his legacy with all this stuff.

I mean he's only lost twice in the UFC and both times he has been a bit of a baby about it. In a sport where you're only as good as your last fight, this makes me like him a lot less.
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,608Ultimate
    You can bet your **** that the next Silva fight will be Roy Jones Jr. but still in the octagon. No leg kicks, no leg locks. Perfect opponent to get rid of any ring rust. After that, he still shouldn't be granted an immediate title shot. A washed up Couture smashed James Toney. That's not impressive.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Self-appointed #1 P4P at rustling jimmies

You don't like it? Grab your Kleenex, wipe your tears, and get in line.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Lol in ten years time all people will remember is the people he beat and how long he held the belt for.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Gabri1985 said:

Lol in ten years time all people will remember is the people he beat and how long he held the belt for.

He won't be remembered
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner