I think Chris Weidman could benefit a lot from changing camps right now.

HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
Chris Weidman seems like a decently smart, dedicated, and respectful guy. It would be a shame to see Serra and Longo- whoever yelled "---- him!" when Anderson Silva broke his leg- rub off on him. Maybe he still gets good coaching or learns new things from them, but If you hang around with trash for too long you end up stinking, too, right?
rage.
Tagged:

Comments

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    He's in a camp that thinks there's "special" technique to break someone's leg with a check. It's the same damn instinctive check any guy SHOULD be doing.

But yea he should switch camps nothing good can come from Rumbleweight Serra.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free

He's in a camp that thinks there's "special" technique to break someone's leg with a check. It's the same damn instinctive check any guy SHOULD be doing.

There is a technique to break legs with a check, did you watch his fight with Anderson?
  • HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
    edited January 16

There is a technique to break legs with a check, did you watch his fight with Anderson?
    Then why doesn't everyone do this magical leg breaking kick check? Weidman likes to take credit, but how can you? Or why would you?
    Post edited by HigherFrequency on
    rage.
  • keykey Posts: 373Free
    edited January 16
    Weidman had a strong wrestling background and joined that camp improving his sub skills under a very respected JJ practitioner in Serra and his striking has increased under Ray Longo - "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
    Post edited by key on
    key said:

Weidman had a strong wrestling background and joined that camp improving his sub skills under a very respected JJ practitioner in Serra and his striking has increased under Ray Longo - "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

But what about the boy's soul?
    rage.
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The guy just won the title and beat the GOAT twice in a row. Now you want him to change up his routine?

Serra can go jump off a bridge for all I care but Ray Longo is legit. The guy was complaining about Weidman falling into Silvas mind-game trap AFTER Chris KTFOed him in the first fight. Removing that kind of grounded, focused trainer from the equation would be a big mistake IMO.

Its not just Longo.... John Danaher (don't think I spelled it right) is the best grappling coach in the business. A mastermind in what it takes to win. The psychological part of the game is huge and that's a big reason Weidman dethroned Silva. Danaher deserves huge credit for that.

• PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,106Elite
    You guy's act like it's not the fighter doing the work. Put a average guy in his place and you get average results. Weidman is the piece of the puzzle the rest are just along for the ride.
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    PakaL said:

You guy's act like it's not the fighter doing the work. Put a average guy in his place and you get average results. Weidman is the piece of the puzzle the rest are just along for the ride.

What kind of puzzles do you do? Usually there is more than one piece in a puzzle.

But yeah even if it's 90% Weidman 10% camp, that 10% is still very important to remain at the championship level.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free

key said:

But what about the boy's soul?
    too obvious
  • PakaLPakaL Posts: 4,106Elite
    edited January 17

PakaL said:

What kind of puzzles do you do? Usually there is more than one piece in a puzzle.

But yeah even if it's 90% Weidman 10% camp, that 10% is still very important to remain at the championship level.

People should be lining up to join his GYM, like it's ebt cards for the unemployed and disenfranchised. However you can't mold feces into gold. You have to find gold and shape it, thus the 10 percent factor comes into play. And that camp has 10 % to offer others are working with 0.1 %. Weidmans camp is tops besides ludwigs dude is putting together a master piece before our eyes. TJ Dillashaw looked like a dominic cruz CLONE. Ludwig is a master of his art, same as beethoven was to music.
    Post edited by PakaL on
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Cormier,Scareface,MauleR,GingeR~BrownE&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    The Truth
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong

The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac

Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The guy just won the title and beat the GOAT twice in a row. Now you want him to change up his routine?

Serra can go jump off a bridge for all I care but Ray Longo is legit. The guy was complaining about Weidman falling into Silvas mind-game trap AFTER Chris KTFOed him in the first fight. Removing that kind of grounded, focused trainer from the equation would be a big mistake IMO.

Its not just Longo.... John Danaher (don't think I spelled it right) is the best grappling coach in the business. A mastermind in what it takes to win. The psychological part of the game is huge and that's a big reason Weidman dethroned Silva. Danaher deserves huge credit for that.

I agree, a lot of people forget that John Denaher is one of the key parts of weidman's team, and in my opinion, the best part of it
    PakaL said:

PakaL said:

People should be lining up to join his GYM, like it's ebt cards for the unemployed and disenfranchised. However you can't mold feces into gold. You have to find gold and shape it, thus the 10 percent factor comes into play. And that camp has 10 % to offer others are working with 0.1 %. Weidmans camp is tops besides ludwigs dude is putting together a master piece before our eyes. TJ Dillashaw looked like a dominic cruz CLONE. Ludwig is a master of his art, same as beethoven was to music.
    Yes Dillashaw blew me away. It was like watching a pro fight some trash bum at a bar. Kid was untouchable.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• TheHNICTheHNIC Niger, AfricaPosts: 822Free

Are you trolling us, or are just being delusional as Anderson?
    This^
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    you are high

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,300Free
    PoloRidah said:
    He's saying Weidman beat Anderson twice while in a **** camp. I don't think that qualifies as grief

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free

PoloRidah said:
    He's saying Weidman beat Anderson twice while in a **** camp. I don't think that qualifies as grief
    He appears angry.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.
    I think that saying things like that are very unsportsmanlike, and it would be sad to see Chris Weidman turn out with an attitude like his trainers. That is all. But now that it has been mentioned, it is hilarious that Weidman is going around saying "Yeah the plan was to hurt him with checks, bla bla bla." Its worse than Anderson claiming that Wiedman didn'e beat him, in some ways.
    rage.
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,055Free

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.
    I think that saying things like that are very unsportsmanlike, and it would be sad to see Chris Weidman turn out with an attitude like his trainers. That is all. But now that it has been mentioned, it is hilarious that Weidman is going around saying "Yeah the plan was to hurt him with checks, bla bla bla." Its worse than Anderson claiming that Wiedman didn'e beat him, in some ways.
    What part do you think is outrageous? The fact that Weidman thought if he checked a kick with his knee it was going to hurt?

Rogan said as Weidman was walking to the cage how Danaher was unhappy with the leg kicks they got hit with.

Weidman checks two kicks in a row when he checked zero last night.

Seems like he planned to check the kicks, and if you aren't a retard you know that checking a kick with the upper part of your shin/knee its going to hurt the kicker.

You are really looking for anything to **** about. Your boy lost, two times in a row. We dealt with delusional fanboys all summer, gtfo son,
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    edited January 17

Sorry Higher, that one was bad,i had to lol
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,345Free
    I can see where you are coming from but no it would destroy his career imo.

btw which camp did you think of for example?

12er said:

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.

Rogan said as Weidman was walking to the cage how Danaher was unhappy with the leg kicks they got hit with.

And Dana mentioned it at the very end of the prelims. Too bad they spoiled the end of their script. Anderson broke his leg on purpose- that is a fact. It was in the script. Weidman was not in on it, so it's funny to see him act all bad about it.

rage.
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,055Free

12er said:

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.

And Dana mentioned it at the very end of the prelims. Too bad they spoiled the end of their script. Anderson broke his leg on purpose- that is a fact. It was in the script. Weidman was not in on it, so it's funny to see him act all bad about it.

lol stfu
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

12er said:

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.

lol stfu
    Dude, I see where you come from, and ignorance is bliss, but watch the whole event- prelims and all- then lets talk about it. Dana hints on, Rogan makes a mention- doubt Rogan is special enough to be privy to this stuff, but still- Anderson's walk-out... everything. It was staged. Why, I can only speculate. I have come up with a few really good ideas. You wanna talk about them?
    rage.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    Yes I'm sure that Anderson broke his leg in half for a paycheck.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free

12er said:

12er said:

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.

lol stfu
    Dude, I see where you come from, and ignorance is bliss, but watch the whole event- prelims and all- then lets talk about it. Dana hints on, Rogan makes a mention- doubt Rogan is special enough to be privy to this stuff, but still- Anderson's walk-out... everything. It was staged. Why, I can only speculate. I have come up with a few really good ideas. You wanna talk about them?
    Is this ^ what I think it is? Are you seriously implying that the fight was fixed and the plan was to break his shin?!

You gone full retard bro :-j
    edited January 17

12er said:

12er said:

PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:
    He appears angry.

lol stfu
    Is this ^ what I think it is? Are you seriously implying that the fight was fixed and the plan was to break his shin?!

You gone full retard bro :-j
    I'm saying that Anderson Silva consciously knew what he was doing when he broke his leg. The reason? I hope one day I will find out. I probably won't.
    Post edited by HigherFrequency on
    rage.
    Dude even if someone WANTED to break their leg, the chances of doing that off a leg kick check is like a million in one.

I think you're trolling though...
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people