Hendricks/Lawler square off for the first time

Comments

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    You mean Hendricks looks juiced up.

i meant to say he looks way too big instead of just big.. but whatever

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,189Free
    Compare who Hendricks beat to get his title shot to who Lawlor beat to get his.

It will be a crime if Lawlor wins.
  • HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
    I am starting to suspect that Big Rigg might be on the juice. Thanks, GSP.
    rage.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,677Free

no it would be an awesome fight if lawler wins. and also one of the greatest comeback storys
    As a fan of both guys im in such a pickle. Either way im going to feel bad for the loser.

1 guy should be champ and deserves the belt, the other revived his career like none other. Would be crazy to see him get that belt.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    I think that Condit should be getting a shot over Lawler but Lawler still deserves a shot and it could be a badass fight.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,344Free

no it would be an awesome fight if lawler wins. and also one of the greatest comeback storys
    As a fan of both guys im in such a pickle. Either way im going to feel bad for the loser.

1 guy should be champ and deserves the belt, the other revived his career like none other. Would be crazy to see him get that belt.
    agreed. just the build up to this fight and how everything fell into place makes it a great fight! and knowing that condit/woodley winner is going to face the winner makes it 10 times better

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 10,988Free
    Gabri1985 said:

Looks like he's been injecting bacon grease into his **** to me.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
    There is only one reason that someone would not want to take a drug test. It's not multiple choice. One reason.
    rage.
  • kennyc36kennyc36 Posts: 56Ultimate

PoloRidah said:

LoL GSP fans have resorted to accusing Hendricks of roiding. That's funny.

GSP haters/Hendricks fans have already resorted to accusing GSP awhile back.

One guy wants to do extra drug testing, the other guy agrees and then backs out. It don't get much more open and shut then that.
    so are the GSP fan boys accusing Condit of something since he didn't wanna do Vada?
  • Hairy_BalzonyaHairy_Balzonya Posts: 827Free
    LOL

Condit juicing? Common, who you trying to troll?

Of course GSP's camp is going to ask what they test for. It's called due diligence, go look up what it means.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free

kennyc36 said:

PoloRidah said:

One guy wants to do extra drug testing, the other guy agrees and then backs out. It don't get much more open and shut then that.
    so are the GSP fan boys accusing Condit of something since he didn't wanna do Vada?
    Yup, they seem to forget about GSP wanting a list of all of the drugs tested for in advance. Why does it matter if you aren't on anything?
    I'm not on anything, unless you're testing for steroids.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    who ever wins will likely lose it to condit in their first defense
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

LOL

Condit juicing? Common, who you trying to troll?

Of course GSP's camp is going to ask what they test for. It's called due diligence, go look up what it means.

Your attempts at trying to sound intelligent and talking down to me are falling short. People resort to petty insults when they can't back up their arguments or know that they are wrong.

Johnny felt that VADA was shady so he didn't want to test through them. That is understandable considering tampering or a false positive could change his entire life and career. He offered an alternative and GSP said no.
    If you are going to go to such ridiculous lengths as to suggest Condit is juicing, I don't really take you seriously at that point.

If Johny didn't want to do the VADA test, he should not have agreed to it in the first place. The fact that he dropped out, paints a very clear picture.

It's just a conversation man, nothing personal.
    PunchBag said:

who ever wins will likely lose it to condit in their first defense

I agree 100%. Personally I think the fight should be Hendricks v Condit anyways. I like Lawler and think it makes a more interesting fight, but I think Condit deserves it more.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    edited January 18

kennyc36 said:

PoloRidah said:

Yup, they seem to forget about GSP wanting a list of all of the drugs tested for in advance. Why does it matter if you aren't on anything?
    Exactly GSP is asking the Nevada State Athletic Commission what drugs they test for.

LOL!!!!!!!!! How obvious is it that you want to know what to stay away from?

"Oh okay they test for all of these things. What else do you have for me Firas?"

For him to even ask that is so incriminating. That and the roid gut.

Representatives for St-Pierre, 32, made it clear he wished to be tested specifically for human growth hormone (HGH), which state athletic commissions do not test for. That made sense, as HGH was the substance previous opponents linked to St-Pierre. St-Pierre, most likely due to his fixture on the HGH topic, requested a list of what banned substances the NSAC would randomly test for. Naturally, the NSAC wouldn’t reveal those details. His representatives say he did so because he wanted to make sure it would clear his name regarding certain substances, which is believable.

So that pretty much sums up why he asked, because he wanted to make it clear he had never used that substance. (That's off espn not from me)
    Post edited by Gabri1985 on
    Lawlers reach, speed & skill with suffice.
    TKO mid-late 3rd round.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Read a pretty interesting article on the whole GSP/steroid testing drama.

"St. Pierre's claim that he was trying to help the sport on the whole by insisting on VADA testing is as silly as it is new. Clearly, it was a legacy-preserving, late-career reaction to repeated allegations from trash-talking opponents over the years.

Opponents like BJ Penn, Nick Diaz and Johny Hendricks have done everything from insinuate that St. Pierre uses steroids to outright accusing him of it.

St. Pierre decided to go on the offensive so as to beat back those rumors and allegations. That was his right but if he truly wants to help increase drug testing for the sport as a whole, as he now claims he tried to do, he could start a fund to augment the paltry Nevada State Athletic Commission budget so that they can do increased year-round random testing of athletes now that he is no longer a competitor himself. At the least, he could help raise awareness of this issue.

St. Pierre's sudden sanctimoniousness regarding drug testing is unconvincing as altruism.

Dana White was also wrong when he seemed to say St. Pierre did not go through the VADA testing himself.

"The athletic commission was involved in this whole thing, tried to make it happen, and at the end of the day, Georges St. Pierre ended up not doing it," White said.

Well, it is true that the NSAC was brought in to try and oversee a negotiation between the St. Pierre and Hendricks camps for additional WADA-guideline testing and that didn't work out when the fighters' reps could not agree on how things would go down. St. Pierre, however, did go through with the VADA testing for himself. That should be mentioned.

So should the fact that the test results are not worth the paper they're printed on because of the fact that St. Pierre paid for the testing. VADA was hired by St. Pierre to test him to prove he was clean. What are the chances those results would ever come back positive for the man who commissioned them?

White was charitable in describing the whole enterprise as a bit weird. In reality, whatever St. Pierre's intentions, the VADA testing process was entirely illegitimate and so ultimately not useful to improving whatever drug problem may exist in MMA"

I'm too scared to voice my opinion on that because of the ban hammer
    Grover- Future LHW champ!