Add 2 more Judges

wrestlectb1108wrestlectb1108 Posts: 87Free
edited January 27 in UFC
Do you think it would be a good idea to have 5 judges rather than 3....I think it MIGHT cut down on the horrible decisions...

Add 2 more Judges

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,589Free
    Ban Sal D'amato and this^^
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Adding two more retards will not help.

I stand by, using ex-fighters or machines.

• AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,229Free
    Add 2 More Judges
    It certainly wouldn't solve the problem, but it's a good move.

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    Keep it how it is
    Letting Dana White decide every fight is the best solution.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

let the fans judge via text or through the internet

remember when theydid that for FOTN and GSP/Kos got it? yeah lets avoid that
    bro that fight was epic

Did you see Koscheck's eye!?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

remember when theydid that for FOTN and GSP/Kos got it? yeah lets avoid that
    Kos getting his **** beat is always a FOTN to me.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    bigdw35 said:

I agree with retired fighters becoming judges, they know what they are looking at etc..
    Also I think monitors would help. If a judge cant see across the cage as to what action is going on how can he judge?? Ex. fighter has top position, but doing nothing with it will fighter on bottom is working for subs, damage from the bottom etc, yet they score the round for the fighter on top because they assume since he is on top he is winning just because of riding time?? I like the monitor idea to go along with retired fighters.

It seems like Almeida is the only retired fighter that has pursued becoming a judge. Have you heard of any other retired fighters trying to make that move?

Seems to me that it isn't a popular decision amongst retired fighters yet.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• bigdw35bigdw35 Chi-TownPosts: 2,799Moderator, Ultimate
    PoloRidah said:

bigdw35 said:

I agree with retired fighters becoming judges, they know what they are looking at etc..
    Also I think monitors would help. If a judge cant see across the cage as to what action is going on how can he judge?? Ex. fighter has top position, but doing nothing with it will fighter on bottom is working for subs, damage from the bottom etc, yet they score the round for the fighter on top because they assume since he is on top he is winning just because of riding time?? I like the monitor idea to go along with retired fighters.

It seems like Almeida is the only retired fighter that has pursued becoming a judge. Have you heard of any other retired fighters trying to make that move?

Seems to me that it isn't a popular decision amongst retired fighters yet.
    Nope, and that the problem, I don't think they want to do it.. I think its because most of them can't be unbiased.

"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

• HigherFrequencyHigherFrequency Posts: 411Free
    Keep it how it is
    If 3 isn't working, 5 will be worse.
    rage.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    How did this guy get to make a pole? Dis ain't no gatherin'

Anyway I think what we need is more transparency/elaboration in the judging. If judge #2 goes full retard on a decision the UFC or committee or whoever should be able to look at judge #2's written explanation of WHY EXACTLY he judged said fight the way he did. If the reasoning doesn't add up then it should be within the comission's power to tell that guy to GTFO because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

No more bad judges getting off scott free. In the real world if you suck at your job you're sent packing. No reason that same principle shouldn't apply here. There's waaay too much money on the line in the high profile fights to have incompetence come into play.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 826Free
    Add 2 More Judges
    I think 5 judges would reduce the odds of bad calls since it will be "more opinions", "more eyes" instead of just 3 ppl !!
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Add 2 More Judges
    Well, with 3 judges, one bad judge can have a huge impact. If there are 5, one bad judge is almost irrelevant.

So I say yes.

• Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,466Moderator, Elite

That would be the worst idea ever, because it turns judging into a popularity contest, since a lot of people will vote for who they want to win, not who they thought actually won based on the judging criteria.
    bigdw35 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've been under the impression that the judges have had monitors for all, or at least almost all, of the UFC fights for a few years now.
    Xbox Live Gamertag (XB1/360), Playstation Network ID (PS4/PS3), Nintendo Network ID (Wii U), and Steam ID: Mcmax3000, Twitter: Mcmax3000

I've Been to: UFC 83, UFC 97, UFC 114 + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129 + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159, and UFC 165.

Up Next: Bellator 119, and UFC 178.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,626Free

They should do this just before the actual decision is announced, not as an official thing but just to help show how bad the judges are occasionally.
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free
    Add 2 More Judges

They should do this just before the actual decision is announced, not as an official thing but just to help show how bad the judges are occasionally.
    I agree. They've done it a few times. It would be cool to see every fight though..
  • Centurion480Centurion480 Posts: 1,175Free
    Keep it how it is
    2 more judges seemingly appears to reduce controversy but it would actually add more controversy because fighters and fans would feel less satisfied seeing frequent 4 to 1 or a 3 to 2 decisions.
    A kitten dies every time someone says "Its MMA, anything can happen".

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,480Free
    Keep it how it is
    polls are not allowed you can
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• wrestlectb1108wrestlectb1108 Posts: 87Free
    Add 2 More Judges
    Ares11 said:

I cant tell...looks like one right up there!!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Ares11 said:

you're starting to fit in

I am proud of you Ares........and your sister as well
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • bigdw35bigdw35 Chi-TownPosts: 2,799Moderator, Ultimate
    Mcmax3000 said:

That would be the worst idea ever, because it turns judging into a popularity contest, since a lot of people will vote for who they want to win, not who they thought actually won based on the judging criteria.
    bigdw35 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've been under the impression that the judges have had monitors for all, or at least almost all, of the UFC fights for a few years now.
    Really? that's interesting because when I was talking to Big John Saturday night, He said he thought having monitors for all the judges would help.. Unless some he meant all venues?? Maybe some don't use them?? This is interesting to find out.
    Thank Max

"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    edited January 28
    There was a big conversation about adding monitors a couple of years ago but I don't think that they ever got to use them. Monitors and ex fighters as judges is the way to go. Or even some of these guys that can't make it fighting. That would be a great way for them to stay involved in MMA and they know what they are talking about. The one problem that they might have is that all of these judges work on multiple extra sports/sporting events so the ex fighters may not want to do that.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    Keep it how it is
    they need to hand out more 10-10 rounds imo.

I really don't give a **** if there's a bunch of draws when neither fighter did much to begin with. It'll give them more incentive to win a round decisively too.
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,466Moderator, Elite
    bigdw35 said:

Really? that's interesting because when I was talking to Big John Saturday night, He said he thought having monitors for all the judges would help.. Unless some he meant all venues?? Maybe some don't use them?? This is interesting to find out.
    Thank Max

It might be based on what each Athletic Commission decides. I know in some cases they've definitely had monitors. I believe they do for at least all of the Vegas fights. Not sure about elsewhere.
    Xbox Live Gamertag (XB1/360), Playstation Network ID (PS4/PS3), Nintendo Network ID (Wii U), and Steam ID: Mcmax3000, Twitter: Mcmax3000

I've Been to: UFC 83, UFC 97, UFC 114 + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129 + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159, and UFC 165.

Up Next: Bellator 119, and UFC 178.