MMA is dead.

TheHNICTheHNIC Ask me about my penis.Posts: 806Free
with No Brock Lesnar and no GSP and no Anderson and no champs with Black to Black wins the PPVS watered down. Weidman/Belfort could prove interesting. hopefully these younger guys bring some bad blood.
This^

J D S / HUNT / MONDRAGON / CRO COP
TE HUNA / TEIXEIRA / MANUWA / SHOGUN
WANDY / TAVARES / CAMOZZI / 209 BROS
BROWN / LAWLER / CONDIT / RORY MAC
CERRONE / PETTIS / BARBOZA / GREEN
POIRIER / WINELAND / PAGUE / JOEY B.

That^
Tagged:

Comments

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,178Free
    You've obviously never heard of WeidGOAT and Mighty GOAT and ShowGOAT Pettis.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • TheHNICTheHNIC Ask me about my penis.Posts: 806Free
    Za1994 said:

are they all three coming off of Black to Black wins?a Black to White win ain't ****, same as White to Black.

This^

That^
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,225Free
    TheHNIC said:

with No Brock Lesnar and no GSP and no Anderson and no champs with Black to Black wins the PPVS watered down. Weidman/Belfort could prove interesting. hopefully these younger guys bring some bad blood.

lol

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    _TUF1_ said:

TheHNIC said:

lol
    The head knee grow in charge appears to be an alt.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 779Free
    MMA is not dead ,just a torn ACL.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,720Free
    TheHNIC said:

Za1994 said:

are they all three coming off of Black to Black wins?a Black to White win ain't ****, same as White to Black.

Weidman is.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free
    Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen - Are they at the level of a Brock or GSP in terms of buyrate generators? No. But they're more than enough to keep UFC looking very strong. Declaring it dead is hilariously hyperbolic. Give it time, all forms of entertainment wax and wane, especially star driven industries. It's the same thing where people declare boxing dead - until a weekend where Money May has a bout and then it's front and center of the culture's pulse.

I will however admit, I think it will be some time before we see the kind of main stream attention and hype that UFC and MMA got around 2009. It seemed to be the topic on the tip of everyone's tongue. Although, not surprisingly it was an era with a lot of heavyweight division attention. In combat sports, hardcore fans gravitate towards lighter-fast divisions, but casual fans, they only want to see the big guys trade blows. This of course is a generalization, but a popular heavyweight fighter could shoot MMA right back to consistently getting +750k buys rather than searching for line ups that could earn half a million.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,265Free
    Dana should have given Nick Diaz GSP money well..... maybe not quite F U money but enough to pamper himself a little.

Just enough to support his pot habit, Sleazar Gracie from ripping him off and still have enough to pay for good sparring partners and still eat well.

TheHNIC said:

Za1994 said:

Weidman is.
    Exactly......

Wtf is OP smoking? Anderson was still black in the second fight.
    i've been chiefing on some sour diesel but Weidman has to go Black to Black to Brown wins be4 he can be p4p.

This^

That^
    WarWest said:

TheHNIC said:

I thought all you non pot smokers were pro GSP lovers.

you lie.

This^

That^
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    Leiting said:

Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen - Are they at the level of a Brock or GSP in terms of buyrate generators? No. But they're more than enough to keep UFC looking very strong. Declaring it dead is hilariously hyperbolic. Give it time, all forms of entertainment wax and wane, especially star driven industries. It's the same thing where people declare boxing dead - until a weekend where Money May has a bout and then it's front and center of the culture's pulse.

I will however admit, I think it will be some time before we see the kind of main stream attention and hype that UFC and MMA got around 2009. It seemed to be the topic on the tip of everyone's tongue. Although, not surprisingly it was an era with a lot of heavyweight division attention. In combat sports, hardcore fans gravitate towards lighter-fast divisions, but casual fans, they only want to see the big guys trade blows. This of course is a generalization, but a popular heavyweight fighter could shoot MMA right back to consistently getting +750k buys rather than searching for line ups that could earn half a million.

I agree. Some fans think the "sport" is so great that it will just keep growing, but the fact is that they need "stars" to attract new fans, not just the sport itself. In the end it's still just a fight sport, the novelty of "real fighting" has worn off.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,094Free
    MMA being dead is about the most idiotic statement I have heard in quite awhile. How about it is the fastest growing sporting event in the entire world, as other sports are seeing a major decline in attendance and viewership. The UFC alone is broadcast in just over a billion homes, and with other fight leagues actually holding water, not falling off bi-weekly as it was in previous years. There are so many good shows out there for true fans, and the talent pool is growing like Gremlins. Instead of kids saying they want to grow up and be in the NFL or play MLB they are saying I am going to wrestle/take martial arts and become an MMA fighter. I hear it all the time with my 14 year old nephew who is a freshman already wrestling undefeated at Varsity, and not for some school with 300 kids in each class, a big AAA high school in NY. I am so proud of this kid, I have never seen dedication like this so young, and he has been on the high honor roll all along, he has never had a B which I think is even more awesome. He was brought up being told he can do whatever he dreams of, and with hard work those dreams will become a reality. I look to a 14 year old as an example of how to be in life. He trains everyday and when his mother tells him to take a break and not be so serious, I heard him tell her, what if my competition doesn't take breaks and is dead serious about winning, I have to do what it takes to be the best you have to understand this is way I choose to live. I might have a couple of words mixed, but I almost passed out when I heard him say this, and he is not the only kid who thinks this way. He has his blue belt in BJJ as well and takes kickboxing.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free

MMA being dead is about the most idiotic statement I have heard in quite awhile. How about it is the fastest growing sporting event in the entire world, as other sports are seeing a major decline in attendance and viewership. The UFC alone is broadcast in just over a billion homes, and with other fight leagues actually holding water, not falling off bi-weekly as it was in previous years. There are so many good shows out there for true fans, and the talent pool is growing like Gremlins. Instead of kids saying they want to grow up and be in the NFL or play MLB they are saying I am going to wrestle/take martial arts and become an MMA fighter. I hear it all the time with my 14 year old nephew who is a freshman already wrestling undefeated at Varsity, and not for some school with 300 kids in each class, a big AAA high school in NY. I am so proud of this kid, I have never seen dedication like this so young, and he has been on the high honor roll all along, he has never had a B which I think is even more awesome. He was brought up being told he can do whatever he dreams of, and with hard work those dreams will become a reality. I look to a 14 year old as an example of how to be in life. He trains everyday and when his mother tells him to take a break and not be so serious, I heard him tell her, what if my competition doesn't take breaks and is dead serious about winning, I have to do what it takes to be the best you have to understand this is way I choose to live. I might have a couple of words mixed, but I almost passed out when I heard him say this, and he is not the only kid who thinks this way. He has his blue belt in BJJ as well and takes kickboxing.

Don't you know what trolling is? However, that fastest growing sport argument is a joke, it's the only new sport around. The biggest UFC on Fox was the first, Cain vs JDS, with 5.7 million viewers. All the rest are around 2 to 3 million. The Super Bowl just had 110 million viewers. As far as the kid's comments, that's great, but kids talk like that in every sport.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    TheHNIC said:

TheHNIC said:

Za1994 said:

Weidman is.
    Exactly......

Wtf is OP smoking? Anderson was still black in the second fight.
    i've been chiefing on some sour diesel but Weidman has to go Black to Black to Brown wins be4 he can be p4p.

He'll go Black to Black to Brown to Brown wins when he beats Vitrtor and Jacare. His GOATness will be undeniable after that.

Leiting said:

I agree. Some fans think the "sport" is so great that it will just keep growing, but the fact is that they need "stars" to attract new fans, not just the sport itself. In the end it's still just a fight sport, the novelty of "real fighting" has worn off.
    Varner vs Trujillo looked like a real fight to me

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

He'll go Black to Black to Brown to Brown wins when he beats Vitrtor and Jacare. His GOATness will be undeniable after that.

If Weidman goes Black to Black and then goes Brown to Brown there is no ranking or form of classification to define his unknown quantity.

This^

That^
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,720Free
    TheHNIC said:

If Weidman goes Black to Black and then goes Brown to Brown there is no ranking or form of classification to define his unknown quantity.

Yeah except for the Goat.

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,886Free
    edited February 4
    TheHNIC said:

WarWest said:

TheHNIC said:

you lie.

Awful stereotype, I don't smoke pot and I think GSP is just turrible
    Post edited by 12er on
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    12er said:

TheHNIC said:

WarWest said:

TheHNIC said:

you lie.

Ever play Battlefield? Pretty good huh?

But you ever play Battlefield ON WEED?

Red team go !

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Brock is coming back, doe. And Silva be back later this year. Only one we MAY have lost is the butthurt serial greaser and, really, who misses him?
    12er said:

TheHNIC said:

WarWest said:

TheHNIC said:

you lie.

awwww man, that makes me feel turrible.

This^

That^
  • mmaDAWGSmmaDAWGS San DiegoPosts: 79Free
    TheHNIC said:

Dunno why Brock isn't back yet, nows the time for the UFC PPV's sake. No Spider or GSP = small profits for the UFC

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,281Free
    edited February 6

Bellator is MMA

why do almost all of your posts get me to laugh lol

definitely deserve them likes
    Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

Bellator is MMA

why do almost all of your posts get me to laugh lol

definitely deserve them likes
    Because I am the only member on this forum that is not depressed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,142Free
    I wondered what that smell was.

I wondered what that smell was.

Benzene, they say you can drink it now.

This^