UFC 170 - Pedro Munhoz vs Raphael Assuncao

BeLikeWaterBeLikeWater Posts: 287Free
Pedro "The Young Punisher" Munhoz has been called up to take on Raphael Assuncao at UFC 170 prelims.
It should be an excellent test for Pedro and I'm looking forward to seeing his UFC debut.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/9/5395712/ufc-signs-pedro-munhoz-vs-raphael-assuncao-ufc-170-bantamweigth-mma-news
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    Last minute replacement so can't complain to much but Assuncao is like top 6 he should take this no problem. Guess they turned Wineland down kind of expected it since if he won he's not getting a title shot and it would eliminate a potential new opponent.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,426Free
    edited February 10
    Yeah Wineland vs Assuncao is a number one contenders type of bout. Guess it makes sense they wouldn't want that to do that type of fight in 2 weeks.

Even if it's not a #1 contender fight, it still puts the winner in a great position in the division.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    NyteRyder said:

Yeah Wineland vs Assuncao is a number one contenders type of bout. Guess it makes sense they wouldn't want that to do that type of fight in 2 weeks.

Even if it's not a #1 contender fight, it still puts the winner in a great position in the division.

I also think it's the fact Wineland just had a shot and got handled so if he beat Assuncao they aren't giving him a shot at Barao and they lose a potential new opponent that Renan has fought yet. You going to this event?
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    Damn, Assunção must be really pissed at Rivera right now

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,426Free
    edited February 10

NyteRyder said:

I also think it's the fact Wineland just had a shot and got handled so if he beat Assuncao they aren't giving him a shot at Barao and they lose a potential new opponent that Renan has fought yet. You going to this event?
    Yeah I am. I got my tickets the day before they went on sale to the public with some promo code I used.

Was looking forward to Assuncao/Rivera and RDA/Kustablov fight.

At least none of the top 3 fights on the main card didn't get replaced or anything.

Tickets were $100, which is actually pretty cheap (paid $163 for UFC 167). I just checked ticketmaster yesterday and they lowered the price from 100-79 for the upper tier seats. That's a good deal.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread