Bisping Admits Scary Memory Loss Following K.O. From Hendo

Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
http://www.bjpenn.com/bisping-admits-scary-memory-loss-following-k-o-from-hendo-i-got-my-just-desserts/

“I fought Dan Henderson in 2009 and I lost and that was at UFC 100 – UFC 100 was the biggest pay-per-view the company’s ever done. 1.6 million pay-per-view buys, watched all over the world, and of course I get knocked out cold after talking lots of smack leading up to the fight. So I got my just desserts in that one.”

“After the fight, I don’t remember anything. I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out cause I’m not fighting for another two months, what the hell are you talking about?’ and then these people come and go ‘Michael we need to take you to the hospital’. I’m like I’m not going to the hospital and then I’d say again, ‘what’s going on’, I’d just keep repeating myself.”

“In my mind I thought I had somehow been convinced, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head. I was like ‘why have I fought tonight? I’m not supposed to fight for another two months!’.

“Eventually they coerced me into the ambulance and we’re rolling to the hospital and after a while it kind of dawned on me.”
Tagged:

Comments

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    iNOOB said:

That is actually a very scary thing to encounter. I'm surprised he didn't retire. I probably would have if I had gone through that.

It's probably because of the flying H bomb after he was already out cold.

He did end up fighting four months later. Seems a little soon but it was against a past his prime Denis Kang who still cracked Bisping and sent him crashing to the canvas.

edited February 10
    As much money as the UFC pays Bisping they will have to force him to retire. He has the contract of a champion despite coming up short in 3 UFC title eliminator fights. Barao makes 22 grand and Bisping makes about half a million with his win bonus so he actually makes more then several of the champions.
    Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on
  • JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
    No wonder he had memory loss he was lucky that shot didn't take his head off :))
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,608Ultimate
    edited February 10
    First of all, I'm not one of these sheepy MMA fans that boo Bisping for nothing. I appreciate the fact that he's a character and that he intrigues other fighters to come out of their shells and call him out. Despite the fact that I would consider myself somewhat of a fan, I would argue that he's pretty far from being forcibly retired. There are guys like Urijah Faber who have gotten multiple title shots in their careers and have pretty much done everything there is to do in the sport, and are still employed with the UFC. He makes retarded amounts of money per fight also. Further, Frank Mir has turned into an Everlast punching bag hanging in the middle of the octagon for his last four fights and still makes a fat $200k a fight. Dana could pay for an entire PPV fight card with what he's handed Mir for the last four times he's gone out there and incurred brain damage. Bisping will be around for a few more years, at least.
    Post edited by cashflow247 on
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Self-appointed #1 P4P at rustling jimmies

You don't like it? Grab your Kleenex, wipe your tears, and get in line.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,100Free
    Thanks for posting this. I saw there was an interview but I can't stand Bisping talking.

Tbh, as much I dislike Bisping, I don't like seeing that H-bomb landing on an unconcious dude

First of all, I'm not one of these sheepy MMA fans that boo Bisping for nothing. I appreciate the fact that he's a character and that he intrigues other fighters to come out of their shells and call him out. Despite the fact that I would consider myself somewhat of a fan, I would argue that he's pretty far from being forcibly retired. There are guys like Urijah Faber who have gotten multiple title shots in their careers and have pretty much done everything there is to do in the sport, and are still employed with the UFC. He makes retarded amounts of money per fight also. Further, Frank Mir has turned into an Everlast punching bag hanging in the middle of the octagon for his last four fights and still makes a fat $200k a fight. Dana could pay for an entire PPV fight card with what he's handed Mir for the last four times he's gone out there and incurred brain damage. Bisping will be around for a few more years, at least.

Hmm... no where did I say he's anywhere near being forced to retire any time soon so I hope this is not directed at me.

I said with as much money as they pay him they will at some point probably have to force him to retire. They pay him as if he is a champion. They pay him more money then lightweight, featherweight, bantamweight and flyweight champions by far. Dude gets like 275 to show and another 150 to 200 win bonus. He's going to look to cash in during these next few years and probably hang around into his late 30s and take a few severe beatings.
  • cashflow247cashflow247 Posts: 1,608Ultimate

As much money as the UFC pays Bisping they will have to force him to retire. He has the contract of a champion despite coming up short in 3 UFC title eliminator fights. Barao makes 22 grand and Bisping makes about half a million with his win bonus so he actually makes more then several of the champions.

Hmm... no where did I say he's anywhere near being forced to retire any time soon so I hope this is not directed at me.

I said with as much money as they pay him they will at some point probably have to force him to retire. They pay him as if he is a champion. They pay him more money then lightweight, featherweight, bantamweight and flyweight champions by far. Dude gets like 275 to show and another 150 to 200 win bonus. He's going to look to cash in during these next few years and probably hang around into his late 30s and take a few severe beatings.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Sig bet record: Omo-2

Self-appointed #1 P4P at rustling jimmies

You don't like it? Grab your Kleenex, wipe your tears, and get in line.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Memory loss is not surprising. He's lucky he didn't end up in the morgue from that hit(s).

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free

Still one of the most satisfying knockouts in UFC history

It will be right under Jones getting Koed when he does.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,120Free
    Did he temporarily forget he was a ****?
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    There's only 2 KO's that have made me cringe.
    This one & Rashad vs Liddell.
    I really thought Sugga killed Chuck .__.
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -

Sorry for the confusion.
    "will have to force him" does not imply any time soon. So I don't know if you are being a smartass or not. I was implying he will look to cash those checks for as long as he possibly can.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free

Shad vs Sean Salmon was worse.... I mean better.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Tripping.
    Rashad cocked that fist the f*** back before releasing it.
    The sound. The sight. And chucks body, turned, unconscious.
    Nah, bruh. Sean Salmon ain't topping s***!
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    edited February 11

Tripping.
    I like the way Salmon's body just whipped back all at once. It was such a weird motion. Haven't really seen one quite like it since.

Although I saw the one you speak of again recently on Unleashed and it was indeed vicious.

Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Tripping.
    I like the way Salmon's body just whipped back all at once. It was such a weird motion. Haven't really seen one quite like it since.

Although I saw the one you speak of again recently on Unleashed and it was indeed vicious.

Yeah, you can see Sean's eyes all the way back as he's going down.

Chucks KO has always haunted me.
    I really hope that doesn't happen to me. Eeesh!
  • JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free

Tripping.

Yeah, you can see Sean's eyes all the way back as he's going down.

Chucks KO has always haunted me.
    I really hope that doesn't happen to me. Eeesh!
    One of the cringest kos I remember was Uriah Hall v Adam Cella that was just nasty man lol
    Matt Riddle ended a career on TUF with a hook. The guy woke up kinda but was just letting out this terrible moan. That was a scary knockout I think it was a Serra jits guy.

Matt Riddle ended a career on TUF with a hook. The guy woke up kinda but was just letting out this terrible moan. That was a scary knockout I think it was a Serra jits guy.

Lmfao! Awesome!
  • CriptaCripta Posts: 438Free
    Bisping would outpoint Hendo and win a UD in a rematch.
    UFC 2014 Prediction Record
    12-4
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free
    Cripta said:

Bisping would outpoint Hendo and win a UD in a rematch.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4