Can Weidman Hold on to the Belt?

JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
When you see the long list of fighters cueing up to face the new champ do you think he has what it takes to hold the gold?
Tagged:

Comments

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,099Free
    Hellllllllllno.

Machida
    Mousassi
    Vitor
    Jacare

Would all finish him quickly. We will see the belt change hands a lot this year

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
    Im thinking the same personally hope Vitor puts him to sleep so we can get a Vitor v Lyoto title fight would be awesome
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    I'm glad you used his proper name

Can Weidman
    Identity said:

Can Weidman

Who do you see running the division?

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    Jolldan said:

Identity said:

Can Weidman

Anderson Silva
    Identity said:

Jolldan said:

Identity said:

Can Weidman

Anderson Silva
    I hope so man would love to see him just walk back in and just dominate again. Just hope he can get back to his best after an injury like that
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    Ozpride said:

Hellllllllllno.

Machida
    Mousassi
    Vitor
    Jacare

Mousasi and Vitor have no chance

Ozpride said:

Hellllllllllno.

Machida
    Mousassi
    Vitor
    Jacare

Mousasi and Vitor have no chance
    I haven't seen as much of Mousassi as id like but been watching Vitor for years and think this is the closest hes looked to the old days think hes got every chance of beating and finishing Weidman.
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,758Free
    So much LOL in this thread already. =)) =))

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    edited February 10
    Vitrtor has had a great run, but Weidman is miles ahead of Pissping, Hendo, and Cockhold. He will rag doll Belfort.

I won't even entertain the idea of Moose or Macheater beating Weidman. What a ridiculous notion.

Jacare is the most interesting one to me but Chris' striking is more refined and accurate, so he wins on the feet. Jacare has great BJJ but I don't think he will be able to take Weidman down. With Weidman having such good wrestling and control, I don't see Souza being much of a threat off his back either.

TRTtor has a punchers chance. That's about it...
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

Vitrtor has had a great run, but Weidman is miles ahead of Pissping, Hendo, and Cockhold. He will rag doll Belfort.

I won't even entertain the idea of Moose or Macheater beating Weidman. What a ridiculous notion.

Jacare is the most interesting one to me but Chris' striking is more refined and accurate, so he wins on the feet. Jacare has great BJJ but I don't think he will be able to take Weidman down. With Weidman having such good wrestling and control, I don't see Souza being much of a threat off his back either.

Dude I would very surprised if he rag dolled Belfort and Machida aint no joke man Weidmans never been in the ring with anyone with those sort of skills before.
    Jolldan said:

Dude I would very surprised if he rag dolled Belfort and Machida aint no joke man Weidmans never been in the ring with anyone with those sort of skills before.
    He's coming off black to black KO wins over anderson silva. He isn't afraid to stand with belfort either.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free

Jolldan said:

He's coming off black to black KO wins over anderson silva. He isn't afraid to stand with belfort either.
    The first from Silva underestimating the kid and the second just a freak of nature break I think Weidman was winning the second fight before that to be fair. Hes got a whole new ball game standing with Belfort and if Vitor lands one of those big head kicks gonna be a short title reign lol.

Identity said:

Can Weidman

That's funny considering crumb silva isn't even fit enough to shine weidman's worst pair of shoes at this point.

Identity said:

Can Weidman

That's funny considering crumb silva isn't even fit enough to shine weidman's worst pair of shoes at this point.
    May be the champ just now but lets see if he holds it for years making the best in the world look silly for years clowing former LW champs.

Weidman= Temporary champ

Silva= True Legend
    Jolldan said:

Identity said:

Can Weidman

May be the champ just now but lets see if he holds it for years making the best in the world look silly for years clowing former LW champs.

Weidman= Temporary champ

Silva= True Legend
    Weidman will hold the belt around his waist for however damn long he pleases. Fact.

Jolldan said:

Identity said:

Can Weidman

Weidman= Temporary champ

Silva= True Legend
    Weidman will hold the belt around his waist for however damn long he pleases. Fact.
    Think the guy will do well has a long career ahead but either Belfort or Machida are putting him to sleep
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    Jolldan said:

Yea he's only beaten bums like Anderson Silva.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

The first from Silva underestimating the kid and the second just a freak of nature break I think Weidman was winning the second fight before that to be fair. Hes got a whole new ball game standing with Belfort and if Vitor lands one of those big head kicks gonna be a short title reign lol.

If Vitor is dumb enough to throw one of those head kicks at Weidman he will be on his back choking on his own blood.

There are two possible scenarios here, neither good for Vitor. He will either be very cautious of the takedown or he wont be.

If he is, it will change everything about him that makes him dangerous... (Aggressive style with head kicks and go for broke flying fists)

If he isn't cautious, he has a slim chance of catching Weidman in the first couple of minutes of the fight. He will get tied up or taken down and gassed out. Once his muscles are taxed his dangerous KO power and speed will be gone and he will get subbed or KOed himself.

If Silva couldn't stop Weidman with two chances I have a hard time seeing Vitor do it.

Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

Yeah yeah there will always be excuses kid.

Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

I aint making excuses theres a good chance he still would have lost but if you think it was all skill that helped him land that punch in the first fight your delusional.
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    edited February 10
    Jolldan said:

Identity said:

Can Weidman

Weidman= Temporary champ

Silva= True Legend
    Post edited by fourthnorseman on
    Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

I aint making excuses theres a good chance he still would have lost but if you think it was all skill that helped him land that punch in the first fight your delusional.
    Dude chris MEANT to punch him in the face and he also MEANT to land a picture perfect leg check. Deal with it already.

Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

Jolldan said:

Dude chris MEANT to punch him in the face and he also MEANT to land a picture perfect leg check. Deal with it already.
    I know he meant to punch him in the face dude lol will see if eveyones so big on Weidman after the Belfort fight.
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free
    Hey OP, you also forgot about guys who might move to 205 ... i.e: Evans
  • skillandpowerskillandpower Posts: 846Free

Sorry move to 185 lol

Sorry move to 185 lol
    dude very true I completely forgot to even metion Evans hope he comes down after the Cormier fight would be great to see him in the mix as well.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    No, he'll lose to Vitor, then fade.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    GoToGuy said:

No, he'll lose to Vitor, then fade.

You said the same thing going into both Anderson fights. If he beats Vitor, you will say the same thing about his next title defense and so on.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4