GOAT preview: Lyoto vs Gegard

AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,113Free

I seriously don't understand how MMA fans can dislike Machida overall. Dude's a great guy, humble, 50% finish ratio under the UFC, landed a hollywood crane kick KO, made Rashad do the stanky leg, and barely cuts weight

I also hated watching him against Dan and Phil but Dan actually did the same against Rashid, and Phil is a boring fighter. It's not all Lyoto's fault.

Tagged:

Comments

• UFCCagerattlerUFCCagerattler Posts: 16,122Free
    He's a technician and people prefer bangers.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,159Free
    I don't understand the hate for Machida either. But, it doesn't even bother me. Lyoto is a true martial artist in ever sense of the term. He's highly skilled, respectful, and appears to be a very nice guy. Plus, he's given us 5 ridiculous KO's that have pretty much stopped his opponents hearts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 49-37

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    I sometimes play along with the running comments and such, but yeah he is good.... and is an exciting finisher.

Its just hard to pull for him when you have guys like Weidman and Mousasi that bring it every second of the fight and are more aggressive. When Machida finished Thiago and Rashad he was fighting more aggressively. Since then he has really become a counter punching defensive fighter.

I am disappoint
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,113Free

I sometimes play along with the running comments and such, but yeah he is good.... and is an exciting finisher.

Its just hard to pull for him when you have guys like Weidman and Mousasi that bring it every second of the fight and are more aggressive. When Machida finished Thiago and Rashad he was fighting more aggressively. Since then he has really become a counter punching defensive fighter.

I am disappoint

I'm pretty sure he wasn't counter punching Munoz considering Munoz threw 0 strikes doe

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,352Free
    edited February 10
    This is gonna be a great technical fight both highly skilled strikers I like them both but I picked Lyoto coz I think he's gonna take a decision Gegard is really dangerous though so him winning wouldn't surprise me.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited February 10

I am disappoint

I'm pretty sure he wasn't counter punching Munoz considering Munoz threw 0 strikes doe
    I had to watch 3 and a half minutes of waltzing first. Thankfully I have a PVR so when I woke up from my nap I got to see the replay of Munoz take a kick to the dome like a deer in headlights.

That was supposed to impress? I seriously been questioning if that fight was fixed considering they were training partners and how it went down. Maybe instead of "training" they were "choreographing". Kinda funny how a partially blocked kick that clips the top of his head put him in dream world and then Machida doesn't even follow up with a single punch.

Even if I'm reading into it too much, that fight was a joke. Munoz didn't fight like that ever before in his career! He has always been an aggressive wrestler/gnp guy and all of a sudden he is gonna stand and trade with one of the most dangerous knock out artists in the history of the UFC?! And when you consider they train together, don't you think that Munoz would have to be a complete idiot to have that gameplan?!

That fight completely stinks of fish. I hate to think the UFC actually has some fights fixed but I'm starting to believe that might be the case. Either that or Munoz went full retard for some reason and didn't want to fight his friend.

Post edited by fourthnorseman on
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,113Free

I am disappoint

I had to watch 3 and a half minutes of waltzing first. Thankfully I have a PVR so when I woke up from my nap I got to see the replay of Munoz take a kick to the dome like a deer in headlights.

That was supposed to impress? I seriously been questioning if that fight was fixed considering they were training partners and how it went down. Maybe instead of "training" they were "choreographing". Kinda funny how a partially blocked kick that clips the top of his head put him in dream world and then Machida doesn't even follow up with a single punch.

Even if I'm reading into it too much, that fight was a joke. Munoz didn't fight like that ever before in his career! He has always been an aggressive wrestler/gnp guy and all of a sudden he is gonna stand and trade with one of the most dangerous knock out artists in the history of the UFC?! And when you consider they train together, don't you think that Munoz would have to be a complete idiot to have that gameplan?!

That fight completely stinks of fish. I hate to think the UFC actually has some fights fixed but I'm starting to believe that might be the case. Either that or Munoz went full retard for some reason and didn't want to fight his friend.
    Do you seriously believe Machida would fix a fight against Munoz?

Smh.

Munoz knew he was **** he's a good wrestler but better fighters than him couldn't out wrestle Lyoto and training together he knows how unpredictable Machida can be where as Machida will have got used to his style which isn't tough to figure out or anything knew he hasn't had to deal with already.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

I am disappoint

Smh.
    No I just wrote all that for shitz and giggles.

It got you thinking doe didn't it? :-?

Watch the fight again... but objectively this time
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    Lol @ Machida saying he is more dangerous

Machida can't put anyone but the fans too sleep
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,870Free
    Machida is a GOAT

Only way Gegard wins is if he rushes Machida and clips him

I am disappoint

Smh.
    No I just wrote all that for shitz and giggles.

It got you thinking doe didn't it? :-?

Watch the fight again... but objectively this time
    You certainly did not. Munoz went full retard for this of that reason, but I'm sure Lyoto would never fix a fight.

And I didn't even say that was impressive. Just said he wasn't counter striking.

edited February 10

Munoz knew he was **** he's a good wrestler but better fighters than him couldn't out wrestle Lyoto and training together he knows how unpredictable Machida can be where as Machida will have got used to his style which isn't tough to figure out or anything knew he hasn't had to deal with already.

Lame... I don't buy it.

If Munoz thought he was screwed why didn't Munoz go full beserk flailing bombs then with the hope of landing his donkey kong punch?

All he did was circle around for nearly 4 minutes until he ate the first real strike thrown at him. A professional fighter completely fresh should not get KOed from that. It wasn't set up with anything!

Lets hear some more excuses.....

Post edited by fourthnorseman on

Lame... I don't buy it.

If Munoz thought he was screwed why didn't Munoz go full beserk flailing bombs then with the hope of landing his donkey kong punch?

All he did was circle around for nearly 4 minutes until he ate the first real strike thrown at him. A professional fighter completely fresh should not get KOed from that. It wasn't set up with anything!

You think it's more likely that Lyoto fixed a fight than Munoz being scared to strike first?

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    Munoz vs Machida was definitely fixed

How the **** do you get knocked out by a blocked head kick
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

Lame... I don't buy it.

You think it's more likely that Lyoto fixed a fight than Munoz being scared to strike first?
    In all honesty I'm not sure what to think? I just know when I see something that doesn't add up.

Kinda like world trade center building 7. You know what I mean?

As I said there are two options.... the fight was fixed or Munoz went beyond full retard.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    I'm more worried about the amount of people sleeping on Mousasi.

The "just bleed" fans are gonna be in for a **** night.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free

I seriously don't understand how MMA fans can dislike Machida overall. Dude's a great guy, humble, 50% finish ratio under the UFC, landed a hollywood crane kick KO, made Rashad do the stanky leg, and barely cuts weight

I also hated watching him against Dan and Phil but Dan actually did the same against Rashid, and Phil is a boring fighter. It's not all Lyoto's fault.

STFU can nobody wants to hear what you have to say.........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    cruz2990 said:

"How to win friends and influence people 101" by cruz2990 lol
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 919Free
    I like Machida, but I like Mousasi a lot more. So i'll refer to Moose as the goat and Machida as the Can for this fight.
    cruz2990 said:

I see the Females thread rustled some jimmies

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,211Free

cruz2990 said:

Which thread?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    PoloRidah said:

cruz2990 said:

Which thread?
    Its a thread only for females.......That's why she was the first to post........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

edited February 10

Lame... I don't buy it.

How did that work out for Bader? He didn't throw offence so yeah messed up but who knows what he was looking for in there doesn't mean it's fixed and fresh or not you get caught right you will go to sleep however fresh it does happen.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    PoloRidah said:

cruz2990 said:

Which thread?
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/155578/ufc-fight-club-females-come-on-in/p1

Lame... I don't buy it.

How did that work out for Bader? He didn't throw offence so yeah messed up but who knows what he was looking for in there doesn't mean it's fixed and fresh or not you get caught right you will go to sleep however fresh it does happen.
    Bader fight was nothing like the Munoz fight. Bader had a few exchanges and he tried to hit Machida. Munoz did NOTHING

Lame... I don't buy it.

Bader fight was nothing like the Munoz fight. Bader had a few exchanges and he tried to hit Machida. Munoz did NOTHING
    It was they both got knocked out in the end
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • MachidaSilvaMachidaSilva Posts: 402Free
    Just throwing this out there, Gegard couldn't finish one of the biggest cans in mma Keith Candine. Machida by UD.
    ^
    The "Story" of the day is that OMOPLATAYPUS is the GOAT poster on this here forum. Blee dat.

some_text
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,540Free

Just throwing this out there, Gegard couldn't finish one of the biggest cans in mma Keith Candine. Machida by running .

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT