Co-Main event big let down

JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
I was really looking forward to seeing Souza v Carmont because I hadn't seen that much of either fighter. I knew Souza is tipped as big title contender and Carmont was on a six fight winning streak not easy in the any division. I understand Souza was supposed to have picked up an arm injury which hindered his performance but Carmont has taken lessons from GSP's safety first style.

Hoping Souza isn't injured next time so can see him at his best but I will be in no rush to watch a fight with Carmont again soon.
Tagged:

Comments

• JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free

Carmont is a fighter that wins by neutralizing his opponents and forcing close decisions and hoping they go his way. All his fights have sucked and they all will suck. I thought he had lost his last 3, so in my books he's on a 4 fight losing streak.

Oh really? not another boring **** fighter I thought he might have been not bad because I seen his last fight was against Philippou, but nope never seen a fighter throw so many feints and so few actual strikes.

• MachidaSilvaMachidaSilva Posts: 403Free
    lol at fighters blaming injurys on poor performances.
    ^
    The "Story" of the day is that OMOPLATAYPUS is the GOAT poster on this here forum. Blee dat.

some_text
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free

Carmont is a fighter that wins by neutralizing his opponents and forcing close decisions and hoping they go his way. All his fights have sucked and they all will suck. I thought he had lost his last 3, so in my books he's on a 4 fight losing streak.

This.

As far as Jacaré's performance is concerned, his injury probably affected his striking (he went full Roy Nelson, not trying any combos) and perhaps that's why he couldn't finish the rear naked-choke.

This.

As far as Jacaré's performance is concerned, his injury probably affected his striking (he went full Roy Nelson, not trying any combos) and perhaps that's why he couldn't finish the rear naked-choke.
    Yeah I like I said im taking Souza's performance in that fight with a pinch of salt because of the injury. Carmont though, one of the most boring fighters I've seen in a while.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,179Free
    Jolldan said:

This.

Yeah I like I said im taking Souza's performance in that fight with a pinch of salt because of the injury. Carmont though, one of the most boring fighters I've seen in a while.
    You can't expect anything different from someone cornered by GSP

Jolldan said:

This.

You can't expect anything different from someone cornered by GSP
    Tell me about it dude. Becoming a pattern guys associated with GSP becoming safety first fighters.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate

yeah that Larkin fight I'm still annoyed about
    UFC Community account: _Josh_