New UFC game improvements???

JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
I know there still working on the new game but wondering what kind of improvements they have or you hope they will have mad to it???

I'll start things of with hoping they have addressed issues in very physically strong fighters being unstoppable on the feet because there strength was so high. They need to include or split it so there is a striking power and grappling power aspect.
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    There's a few new videos on YouTube posted a week ago with them interviewing the creator looks really interesting one thing I wasn't happy about is there aren't any doctor stoppages and someone with a hands on preview said the submissions are the same as EA MMA.

It also gave some info on career mode apparently it's bigger more in depth than the Fight Night career mode you train at your own gym and can call fighters up to come train with you and a little about fighter stats I'll post it here when I go on the laptop on my phone right now.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free

There's a few new videos on YouTube posted a week ago with them interviewing the creator looks really interesting one thing I wasn't happy about is there aren't any doctor stoppages and someone with a hands on preview said the submissions are the same as EA MMA.

It also gave some info on career mode apparently it's bigger more in depth than the Fight Night career mode you train at your own gym and can call fighters up to come train with you and a little about fighter stats I'll post it here when I go on the laptop on my phone right now.

cool thanks man. I really hope they haven't taken any of the striking aspect from EA MMA it was horrendous.
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,359Free
    Next improvement is the exclusion of GSP from the game.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds

Next improvement is the exclusion of GSP from the game.

you really don't like GSP

:))

Jolldan said:

cool thanks man. I really hope they haven't taken any of the striking aspect from EA MMA it was horrendous.
    do you even MMA?

The striking in that game was one of the worst I have used in any sort of fighting game EVER.

Jolldan said:

No problem. It's button controls for strikes I can tell you that and right stick for grappling but they're using more in depth stats and the physics from EA MMA except they won't slide across the mat like the old game apparently.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited February 18

Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    Didn't really play too much EA MMA. What were the submissions like?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,213Free

There were two subs

Chokes were like UFC 3

And armbars or leg locks were like timely button mashing

But I saw an interview and they said that subs were going to be like one person pushing a direction and the other guy has to guess what he pushed, if you make a mistake the sub goes deeper, if you get it right it loosens up
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

Chokes were chasing round the circle bar looking for the vibration to sink it in while watching your fighters stamina.

The leg and arm locks were pressing a button and an animation shows how deep it's in and you had to manage your stamina too.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    So more shiity mini games. Dammit, I was hoping they had gone away from mini games. It breaks the atmosphere too much.

Can't say I have any alternatives though. Submission struggles are a hard thing to emulate in a video game.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

yeah it's better than spinning the analogue and there is 5 stages to lock it in apparently unless you get a flash sub. I heard this on a video where the guy had a hands on preview and wasn't even listening to what EA was telling him before he played he said and was too busy explaining the rules of MMA and **** instead of telling us more about the game which was annoying so it might not be completely true. Probably in one of them vids I posted actually.

There's been confusion with how striking works to from different sites apparently some are saying you can auto parry, some say you can sway and some are saying you can block and if you press the right strike button at the right time it parrys sounds like EA need to clear some things up.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,376Moderator, Elite
    I really liked the arm/leg submission mini-game in EA Sports MMA. It was button mashing, but still had strategy to it because you had to manage your stamina. I'm not sure how that would work without stamina meters on the screen, but I'd love to see them try to adapt something like that.

Wasn't really a fan of the choke mini-game in that one though. It's the only aspect of that game I never figured out.
    Xbox Live Gamertag (XB1/360), Playstation Network ID (PS4/PS3), Nintendo Network ID (Wii U), and Steam ID: Mcmax3000, Twitter: Mcmax3000

I've Been to: UFC 83, UFC 97, UFC 114 + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129 + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159, and UFC 165.

Up Next: Bellator 119, and UFC 178.
    Mcmax3000 said:

I really liked the arm/leg submission mini-game in EA Sports MMA. It was button mashing, but still had strategy to it because you had to manage your stamina. I'm not sure how that would work without stamina meters on the screen, but I'd love to see them try to adapt something like that.

Wasn't really a fan of the choke mini-game in that one though. It's the only aspect of that game I never figured out.

I agree

The button mashing was by far the best idea for subs

When you want to pull you mash, when you want to regain stamina you stop

Simple yet works
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free

Hand position is wrong for that choke. Fuggin' noobs.

If they just built upon the EA MMA mechanics and upgraded graphics this game is gonna suck.

If they just built upon the EA MMA mechanics and upgraded graphics this game is gonna suck.
    it's Jon Jones of course it's going to be wrong, they are trying to be authentic

What if he's doing it inverted on purpose like Cody the Goaty Mckenzie's guillotine.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

What if he's doing it inverted on purpose like Cody the Goaty Mckenzie's guillotine.

Cody's guillotine is inverted the opposite direction ( thumb facing toward the opponent's chest ) and for a darce it wouldn't make it tighter at all in fact it would be way too loose like that. It's palm to bicep so you can get a super tight constricting squeeze much like a RNC. It you did it like on that pic you'd be hard pressed to generate any pressure to actually finish it because the angle is wrong to apply the right leverage for one and leaves more space.
  • wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,218Free
    maybe the submission isnt fully locked in? can there be one final adjustment transition to be made
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
    wedo619 said:

maybe the submission isnt fully locked in? can there be one final adjustment transition to be made

This someone posted on there forum saying they asked them and there reply was this is one of the stages before locking it up
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,626Free
    They better give WeidGod 100's for all of his stats.

Any word if there will be a chin or durability stat for fighters yet?

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.

wedo619 said:

This someone posted on there forum saying they asked them and there reply was this is one of the stages before locking it up
    For the game maybe as some sort of visual cue but not in reality. I've never seen anyone with the thumb on the outside like that

In that position it turns the forearm flat against the neck and creates way too much space and it's harder to close the V because it's like motor cycling a throttle in the wrong direction which creates space and the knife of the forearm isn't digging in and closing off the V of your arm. You'd want the thumb turned in with the blade of the forearm in the neck. When you open the thumb like that you open the V space between your arm.

Sure it might be uncomfortable and you might even be able to tap some noob when you walk your hips in but like that it would be more like an ineffective air choke with the flat of the forearm rather than a neck cranking super tight blood choke.

It's just wrong. Just my 2 cents though but like i said i've never seen anyone do it like that at any stage.

Cody's guillotine is inverted the opposite direction ( thumb facing toward the opponent's chest ) and for a darce it wouldn't make it tighter at all in fact it would be way too loose like that. It's palm to bicep so you can get a super tight constricting squeeze much like a RNC. It you did it like on that pic you'd be hard pressed to generate any pressure to actually finish it because the angle is wrong to apply the right leverage for one and leaves more space.
    I was just trolling....

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

wedo619 said:

For the game maybe as some sort of visual cue but not in reality. I've never seen anyone with the thumb on the outside like that

In that position it turns the forearm flat against the neck and creates way too much space and it's harder to close the V because it's like motor cycling a throttle in the wrong direction which creates space and the knife of the forearm isn't digging in and closing off the V of your arm. You'd want the thumb turned in with the blade of the forearm in the neck. When you open the thumb like that you open the V space between your arm.

Sure it might be uncomfortable and you might even be able to tap some noob when you walk your hips in but like that it would be more like an ineffective air choke with the flat of the forearm rather than a neck cranking super tight blood choke.

It's just wrong. Just my 2 cents though but like i said i've never seen anyone do it like that at any stage.
    Lol and people responded with the same comment it's a good point but they're actually fuming about the thumb visual I see the point for realism be good for them to actually get the submission right buts it's not a game breaker like people are trying to make out it is.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,376Moderator, Elite
    edited February 19

It's a different developer. EA Sports MMA was done by Tiburon, and this one is being done by the Fight Night team at EA Canada.
    Post edited by Mcmax3000 on
    Xbox Live Gamertag (XB1/360), Playstation Network ID (PS4/PS3), Nintendo Network ID (Wii U), and Steam ID: Mcmax3000, Twitter: Mcmax3000

I've Been to: UFC 83, UFC 97, UFC 114 + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129 + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159, and UFC 165.

Up Next: Bellator 119, and UFC 178.
    Mcmax3000 said:

It's a different developer. EA Sports MMA was done by Tiburon, and this one is being done by the Fight Night team at EA Canada.
    So they'll make a good game.. but GSP will be unstoppable
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
    Now that ps4 has the share button I'll be able to show the whole forum when I drop all you fools with the KELGOAT.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

Now that ps4 has the share button I'll be able to show the whole forum when I drop all you fools with the KELGOAT.

We have to do Tavares vs Weedman when the game comes out

edited February 19

wedo619 said:

Lol and people responded with the same comment it's a good point but they're actually fuming about the thumb visual I see the point for realism be good for them to actually get the submission right buts it's not a game breaker like people are trying to make out it is.
    Yeah i don't think it breaks the game or anything but man atleast get the moves right.

So far all i'm hearing is the focus is on graphical improvements like scanned fighters, motion captured facial animation, sub surface scattering for light passing and bouncing through skin, reflection/refraction on eye corneas, animated muscular simulation morphs including articulating toes and even soft body physics like skin vibration from impacts. Animated displacement mapping to bring details like veins and skin folds, pores etc. to low poly models. Maybe they even have real time Ambient occlusion, global illumination and HDR lighting. None of that is really new in the 3d/CGI world but that is not what makes a great game. It's eye candy and i don't care how much closer to realism the models look if their animations look like rock em sock em robots and they all have the same movements and footwork looks like an ice skate across the canvas and they are technically incorrect big time with techniques.

To me the focus should be accurate fighting sim ( accurate MMA techniques and movement not eye candy^^ ) with complex depth but simple, intuitive & fun game play. It could look like UFC on dreamcast graphically for all i care as long as they atleast try to put some real effort into making it the most realistically accurate fighting sim to date and you don't do that by focusing on eye candy that looks gorgeous but plays like crap.

Post edited by StompGrind on