Should Machida and Souza have to fight?

PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,398Free
edited February 18 in UFC
Should the UFC offer Machida/Souza a number one contender's fight?

Machida has wins over Munoz and Mousasi now, Mousasi being 0-1 in the UFC's MW division.
Souza has wins over Camozzi, Okami, and Carmont.

I'd like to see this fight scheduled to see who gets the next title shot. Let's keep the friends don't fight friends garbage out of the equation.
Post edited by PoloRidah on

Should Machida and Souza have to fight?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free
    No, Souza has already earned it.
    No, Machida has to fight Carmont to prove he can beat a wrestler (which he cannot)

Souza has already proven he can beat wrestlers, so give him the next shot
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,334Free
    After watching UFN 36 they should have to fight to the death.

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,437Free
    I like the fight and they both apparently said they'd do it if they have to after the event.

I think Jacare takes it
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,306Free
    No, Machida has already earned it.
    Come on, Machida was already robbed a title shot recently.

Let the man have his **** chance already and move on

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    Munoz laid down for Machida and Mousasi had to chase him all over the god damn octagon in a 25 minute sprint. Machida hasn't done enough in the middleweight division. Jacare is a career middleweight he should get the next shot. Machida should fight Rockhold after he murders Boetsch. Machida leapfrogged over a ton of middleweights with a single win over Munoz and that's garbage. I can't stand Bisping but even Bisping has done more at MW to justify a shot.
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Only if Jacare keeps talking that dumb s***
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,387Free
    Yes, they should fight to see who gets the next title shot.
    why nto fight is my stance
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds

Lol at Weidman fans forgetting how he "earned" his title shot

Yeah he straight up murdered Munoz. Sat around injured for a year and still knocked the p4p kingpin completely out in about 6 minutes.

Weidman was also a career middleweight not a light heavy dropping down after his buddy lost his belt.
  • AndersonIsStillTheGOATAndersonIsStillTheGOAT Soon to be replaced by Gunnar NelsonPosts: 3,306Free

Yeah he straight up murdered Munoz. Sat around injured for a year and still knocked the p4p kingpin completely out in about 6 minutes.

Weidman was also a career middleweight not a light heavy dropping down after his buddy lost his belt.
    He finished Munoz in the second. Machida finished in the first. Then beat Mousasi clearly.

Machida is a former champion. Weidman, well, had a UD over Maia.

Are you seriously claiming Weidman deserved more than Machida deserves now?

At the time who else was going to fight Anderson? The UD over Maia... yeah Anderson with a full training camp and not cutting 32 pounds in ten days also has a UD over Maia... lol

Machida has 2 wins in the division. Enough said.
    Yes I am seriously claiming a career middleweight deserved it more than a light heavy that just dropped down after his friend lost the belt. How hard is that to understand?
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free
    edited February 18

Machida's walk around weight at LHW was less than Weidman's walk around weight at MW lol.

Post edited by iNOOB on
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

iNOOB said:

Machida's walk around weight at LHW was less than Weidman's walk around weight at MW lol.

Irrelevant what their walking weight is. What matters is what they have done in the division.

Anderson deserves a 3rd, 4th and 5th beating from Weidman before Machida deserves a title shot in a division he has two fights in.
    Better yet if Vitor manages to win Anderson clearly deserves a shot over Machida even if he is coming off a broken leg and consecutive losses.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,437Free
    I have no problem seeing either get the shot now it'll probably be Machida if that's the case but whoever doesn't could fight Rockhold for his shot
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free

iNOOB said:

Irrelevant what their walking weight is. What matters is what they have done in the division.

Anderson deserves a 3rd, 4th and 5th beating from Weidman before Machida deserves a title shot in a division he has two fights in.
    You were mentioning that Machida was a career LHW when in actuality he was a MW taking a size disadvantage to fight without being drained. While Weidman is in actuality a LHW cutting 30-35lbs to fight smaller guys.

There is only 2 candidates for the MW title shot right now, Machida and Souza. If you make them fight each other, who gets the title shot after the victor? The only other person on a streak is Brad Tavares and he isn't quite ready for a step up like that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

It was Machida's choice to fight at light heavyweight because he was scared of his friend's wrath. At any point over the past several years he could have told Anderson to stick it up his ****, changed camps and challenged for the title before Weidman was even in the promotion.
  • Mcmax3000Mcmax3000 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,528Moderator, Elite
    I'm pretty much fine with either them fighting, or Machida getting the shot. I don't really have a strong opinion either way between the two.
    Xbox Live Gamertag (XB1/360), Playstation Network ID (PS4/PS3), Nintendo Network ID (Wii U), and Steam ID: Mcmax3000, Twitter: Mcmax3000

I've Been to: UFC 83, UFC 97, UFC 114 + Fan Expo, MMA: The Reckoning, UFC 129 + Fan Expo, Bellator 47, UFC 140, Bellator 67, Ultimate Fighter Live Finale, UFC 159, and UFC 165.

Up Next: Bellator 119, and UFC 178.
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Give them both a shot, makes more sense from a marketing view point. Why go from 2 legit contenders you can sell to 1.

Saying Weidman is fighting smaller guys is just Anderson fans trying to discredit him. Anderson said he walks around over 100 kilos. He was never at a size disadvantage in his fights but he had size advantages over Maia, Marquardt and Cote.

News flash all of these middleweights are natural light heavyweights and all of the light heavyweights and natural heavyweights. Vitor cuts a **** ton of weight to make 185. So much weight that not long ago he said he's not sure how many more cuts to 185 his body can handle.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    Give one of them a shot and make the other one fight Rockhold
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• claudiorebeloclaudiorebelo Posts: 1,083Free
    edited February 18

It was Machida's choice to fight at light heavyweight because he was scared of his friend's wrath. At any point over the past several years he could have told Anderson to stick it up his ****, changed camps and challenged for the title before Weidman was even in the promotion.

It makes sense that the guy who fought above is weight class earning the title in the process and with a long career in the UFC should get some credit in the MW division. But sense does not appear to be your friend :/
    Post edited by claudiorebelo on
    No it doesn't. What you do in a different division means **** all. This isn't Frankie Edgar bull **** where you get a title shot just because you were chased out of your division.
  • Shark_EtiquetteShark_Etiquette Posts: 774Free
    Souza thinks he can beat Skywalker so let him rematch Luke and The Cheetah gets the title shot
    -----------------////----------------////----------------////----------------////---------------////--------------
    Fedor Emelianenko - Nick Diaz - Frankie Edgar
    - S A F F I E D I N E - S Q U A D -
    How the hell does Lyoto just jump everyone at middleweight? Mousasi wasn't even ranked in that division because he hadn't fought there in about 6 years
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    The shot belongs to the Dragon. Let Souza fight the loser of Weidman/Belfort.

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free

At the time who else was going to fight Anderson? The UD over Maia... yeah Anderson with a full training camp and not cutting 32 pounds in ten days also has a UD over Maia... lol

Machida has 2 wins in the division. Enough said.

Silva also ran from Maia for 25 minutes when Weidman actually fought him for the entire fight

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    souza would get wrecked
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• poonmachinepoonmachine Posts: 1,752Free
    I don't really see souza winning or being able to get a complete TD and hold Machida down. Machida will do as he always does and stick and move from the outside.
    FF

Rickson Gracie

Wanderlei Silva

Thiago Alves

Nogueira