"I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva.” - Nick Diaz

WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
Nick dropping some truth bombs:

“A lot of the fan base can conceive why I’d be a good fight for either guy (Lawler or Hendricks). Either one of these fights would be a good fight for me. I’m the No. 1 draw in this weight division, that’s just the way it is. I win by submissions, knockouts. There’s guys ranked above me, but no one’s interested in seeing them fight. They want to see me fight. You want to make a good fight, this’ll be a good fight. The guys [Hendricks has] beat haven’t been stand-up guys. He’s a wrestler who punches hard. I’m not sure what the UFC’s agenda is when it comes to me. It’s their show, their press. They can change to whatever they want to do at any point. They own this thing. They can do whatever they want. If they don’t want this right now, they don’t have to do it. It’s more about the fans wanting this.”

"People aren’t stupid. You can’t ignore their real, ultimate understanding. They know what’s going on. It’s mixed martial arts. The real fans of martial arts understand intuitively … there’s a connection with me. You know when I fight, I’m going to sell out the show. Everyone wants to see someone get knocked out or tapped out.”

“Me calling out Roy Jones is disrespectful. But if they want to do that, want to do something like that, [combining] sports [in a boxing match], I’ll do it. I feel I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/nick-diaz-im-a-better-stand-up-fighter-than-anderson-silva/
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

Comments

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,428Free
    haha Diaz got jokes. He's definitely a better stand up comedian.

ba dum tss.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • PATSTERPATSTER Posts: 1,415Free
    edited February 27
    WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

Obviously. Nobody can beat Nick Diaz unless they run away or hold on for dear life.

It's funny because that really is a true statement LoL

The only time's he's "lost" was due to those factors
    True that man.

Nobody will admit it though. They're too busy cheering for wrestlers like Sonnen and GSP to see what an actual martial artist is all about.
    Post edited by PATSTER on
    "The only way you can beat me is if you run away or hold on for dear life." - The GOAT, Nick Diaz

Fighter stock thread winner

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,658Free
    edited February 27
    PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

Obviously. Nobody can beat Nick Diaz unless they run away or hold on for dear life.

True that man.

Nobody will admit it though. They're too busy cheering for wrestlers like Sonnen and GSP to see what an actual martial artist is all about.
    Sanchez wrecked him.
    Post edited by Weidman__the__Great on

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    Sanchez?
    "The only way you can beat me is if you run away or hold on for dear life." - The GOAT, Nick Diaz

• Weidman__the__GreatWeidman__the__Great ModeratorPosts: 1,658Free
    PATSTER said:

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    Sanchez?

Fighting Chris Weidman may be Extremely Hazardous to one's health.

Poop eating bets: 2-0
    Piss Drinking bets: 1-0

Will Accept a new one for Weidman/Machida.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    Best fight I've ever watched
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    That was a damn good fight.

• CriptaCripta Posts: 438Free
    Anderson would clown Diaz on the feet.
    UFC 2014 Prediction Record
    12-4
    Cripta said:

Who the **** is this nerd?

• CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 235Free
    PATSTER said:

Cripta said:

Who the **** is this nerd?
    Cripta the Can
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • xfatalstrifexxfatalstrifex Inside Your MomPosts: 371Free
    edited February 27

PATSTER said:

WarWest said:

PATSTER said:

True that man.

Sanchez wrecked him.
    you mean sanchez took him down and diaz beat his **** off his back? cause thats exactly what happen, sanchez layed on top of him and nick was throwing sub attempts and creating space to land strikes. He clearly was outworking diego that fight

118 strikes landed > 65
    Post edited by xfatalstrifex on
    2014 Fight Prediction Record: 56-24
    Favorite Fighters:
    HW: Blagoi Ivanov & Vitaly Minakov
    LHW: Daniel Cormier
    MW: Gegard Mousasi
    WW: Jake Shields & Dong Hyun Kim
    LW: Khabib Nurmagomadev
    FW: Tatsuya Kawajiri
    BW: Alex Caceres
    FLY: Ali Bagautinov

• xfatalstrifexxfatalstrifex Inside Your MomPosts: 371Free
    Cripta said:

dude diaz would pick anderson apart and thats a fact. Diaz is the best striker in MMA bar none
    2014 Fight Prediction Record: 56-24
    Favorite Fighters:
    HW: Blagoi Ivanov & Vitaly Minakov
    LHW: Daniel Cormier
    MW: Gegard Mousasi
    WW: Jake Shields & Dong Hyun Kim
    LW: Khabib Nurmagomadev
    FW: Tatsuya Kawajiri
    BW: Alex Caceres
    FLY: Ali Bagautinov

• CriptaCripta Posts: 438Free

Cripta said:

dude diaz would pick anderson apart and thats a fact. Diaz is the best striker in MMA bar none
    You drank your piss which means your opinion is invalid.
    UFC 2014 Prediction Record
    12-4

Cripta said:

With a post like that, I take back calling you a nerdgin.

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    edited February 27
    "I’ll do it. I feel I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva"

Post edited by Mangasm on
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    Mangasm said:

Nobody has proven him otherwise.

• JolldanJolldan Posts: 517Free
    hahaha
    3652936-2307282-55860__jj_jameson_laughing_meme_1.jpg
    801 x 534 - 28K
    Mangasm said:

No one has beat him toe to toe

Just sayin
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    WarWest said:

“A lot of the fan base can conceive why I’d be a good fight for either guy (Lawler or Hendricks). Either one of these fights would be a good fight for me. I’m the No. 1 draw in this weight division, that’s just the way it is. I win by submissions, knockouts. There’s guys ranked above me, but no one’s interested in seeing them fight. They want to see me fight. You want to make a good fight, this’ll be a good fight. The guys [Hendricks has] beat haven’t been stand-up guys. He’s a wrestler who punches hard. I’m not sure what the UFC’s agenda is when it comes to me. It’s their show, their press. They can change to whatever they want to do at any point. They own this thing. They can do whatever they want. If they don’t want this right now, they don’t have to do it. It’s more about the fans wanting this.”

"People aren’t stupid. You can’t ignore their real, ultimate understanding. They know what’s going on. It’s mixed martial arts. The real fans of martial arts understand intuitively … there’s a connection with me. You know when I fight, I’m going to sell out the show. Everyone wants to see someone get knocked out or tapped out.”

“Me calling out Roy Jones is disrespectful. But if they want to do that, want to do something like that, [combining] sports [in a boxing match], I’ll do it. I feel I’m a better stand-up fighter than Anderson Silva.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/nick-diaz-im-a-better-stand-up-fighter-than-anderson-silva/

LOL, Like Nick ever used the word intuitively.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

WarWest said:

LOL, Like Nick ever used the word intuitively.
    Lmfao!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    Joe Riggs beat him standing

JOE RIGGS
    imageimage
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free

Joe Riggs beat him standing

JOE RIGGS