Can i get a Rogan mute button on ppv

kat357kat357 Posts: 1Registered Users
edited April 2009 in UFC
hahahhahha I am serious :-/
Post edited by kat357 on

Comments

• brewsterbrewster Posts: 8,313Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    I love me some Rogan. His posts on the UG are equally as entertaining :cool:
  • DaveClinchDaveClinch Posts: 317Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, Rogan is a big asset to the UFC. I think most people would notice instantly if he was gone. Early on, I used to not really get him but I saw some of his stand-up and youtube videos and yeah, now I love the guy. He's awesome for the UFC.
  • clickerclicker Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    I love Rogan but you notice how he always makes excuses for the fighters.Like,"he was injured,he wasnt training properly",all to hype the fight.He makes wimpy fighters look like suddenly things have changed and theyre awesome now.Example,Patrick Cote vs Anderson Silva.Cote shouldve never been in there.Rogan made it sound like Cote had a chance.He made it to the 3rd round because Silva allowed him to.
  • cripplerfan1988cripplerfan1988 Posts: 0Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    I like Joe but dislike the way he gets up the winning fighters **** in the post fight interviews. I know it's his job to make them sound good but sometimes he goes too far
    'If the ladies wiggle when you talk to them, then you got yourself a moustache partner.' - Don Frye
  • Ziff_Woof_WiffZiff_Woof_Wiff Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Rogan does a fine job in the post fight interviews....he's interviewing the winner for god sake!! What's he supposed to to, talk down to the guy that just one the fight? Tell him he sucks and was lucky he won?

Rogan is fine!
  • cripplerfan1988cripplerfan1988 Posts: 0Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Ziff_Woof_Wiff;3259 said:
    Rogan does a fine job in the post fight interviews....he's interviewing the winner for god sake!! What's he supposed to to, talk down to the guy that just one the fight? Tell him he sucks and was lucky he won?

Rogan is fine!
    I didn't say that did I you bellend but it some cases he goes a bit too far and as I said I like Rogan so don't start saying stuff like I said he's doing the worst job in the world
    'If the ladies wiggle when you talk to them, then you got yourself a moustache partner.' - Don Frye
  • SpauldingSpaulding Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Hey, guess what, anyone they had would give a positive spin to the broadcast for obvious reasons, his job is to promote the UFC.
  • mr_GO_HARDmr_GO_HARD Posts: 5,985Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    rogans the man. i enjoy when the referee does something really stupid and rogan will express how stupid he thinks it is. or how he didnt care about commentating when corey hill broke his leg, he just started yelling for the ref to stop the fight.
    O.G. Member

First Member with 1,000 posts

Originator of the Post Milestone Speech.

Respect!
  • gutwrench33gutwrench33 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Rogan rules, and if you understood anything about MMA you would realize that Rogan would spank that **** if you were to tangle with him.
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i would like more fighters to commentate when they are not fighting. i liked it when Couture and Kenflo did it. Eddie Bravo wasnt that bad either, i liked seeing how he scored the fights.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • arlovskiviakoarlovskiviako Posts: 8,622Banned Users
    edited January 2009
    Even though Dana hates Ortiz, I think that the fertittas should have signed Tito to a 5 fight contract, and also as a color commentator for every 3 or 4 event instead of goldberg.
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    arlovskiviako;3371 said:
    Even though Dana hates Ortiz, I think that the fertittas should have signed Tito to a 5 fight contract, and also as a color commentator for every 3 or 4 event instead of goldberg.
    they offered Tito another contract, but he turned it down. i heard it was a much better contract then the one he was coming off of too, which is some BS since he hasnt won a fight in two years.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • FightDoctorFightDoctor Posts: 429Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;3376 said:
    they offered Tito another contract, but he turned it down. i heard it was a much better contract then the one he was coming off of too, which is some BS since he hasnt won a fight in two years.
    Tito knows he's shot and is looking to step down in competition.

That's how I read him, anyway...
  • cake_fightercake_fighter Posts: 649Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    I like Joe
    Rolling, in my 5.0 Ragtop down so my hair can blow..
  • brewsterbrewster Posts: 8,313Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;3376 said:
    Not to take this thread off topic (but I'm going to for a second)... but lets take a quick look at Tito and see just why he is worth $$$. Lets take a look at his last 5 UFC PPV's. Those PPV's have a combined buy rate of 3,100,000, 4 of those 5 were priced at $39.95, UFC 84 was priced at $44.95. So. just in his last 5 UFC PPV's, Tito Ortiz has brought in $126,220,000 of gross PPV revenue.
  • newyorkgiant1newyorkgiant1 Posts: 1,229Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    brewster;3471 said:
    Not to take this thread off topic (but I'm going to for a second)... but lets take a quick look at Tito and see just why he is worth $$$. Lets take a look at his last 5 UFC PPV's. Those PPV's have a combined buy rate of 3,100,000, 4 of those 5 were priced at $39.95, UFC 84 was priced at $44.95. So. just in his last 5 UFC PPV's, Tito Ortiz has brought in $126,220,000 of gross PPV revenue.

Damn and he doesnt even have boobs, imagine that.
  • mr_GO_HARDmr_GO_HARD Posts: 5,985Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i love rogan and goldberg... but i agree with storm, i would like to see more guest commentaters. i enjoyed couture, kenflo, sherk and bravo on there. i would like to see it at least every 3 shows or so.
    O.G. Member

First Member with 1,000 posts

Originator of the Post Milestone Speech.

Respect!
  • FightDoctorFightDoctor Posts: 429Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Rogan is da man... A true fan like myself, and gives very insightful commentary. A little over-animated sometimes, and not as insightful as Mir on WEC, but good. Good personality for it, meshes with Goldberg well. Goldberg is a perfect foil for him. He provides some comic relief with his goofs and gaffs. I do agree that its nice to change it up occasionally and throw in a third guy like Kenflo.

Just goes to show, no matter who you are, somebody hates you. So why waste your time worrying about it? Ignore the haters man.
  • JujitsWhoJujitsWho Posts: 14,369Free
    edited April 2009
    FightDoctor;3475 said:
    Rogan is da man... A true fan like myself, and gives very insightful commentary. A little over-animated sometimes, and not as insightful as Mir on WEC, but good. Good personality for it, meshes with Goldberg well. Goldberg is a perfect foil for him. He provides some comic relief with his goofs and gaffs. I do agree that its nice to change it up occasionally and throw in a third guy like Kenflo.

Just goes to show, no matter who you are, somebody hates you. So why waste your time worrying about it? Ignore the haters man.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! LOL Joe's a cool cat, and he's very knowlegeable ( believe he's a Brown belt in BJJ) Although if I have to hear how flexible and what great balance BJ Penn has I'm gonna throw my remote control at him HAHA.

I would Love for Couture to join the announce team as well. He does a great job,

Tito would be cool too
  • EvilOak27EvilOak27 Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    I like Rogan, he's a smart guy and knows his stuff.

They could get rid of the clown who hosts UFC unleashed and ends each show holding his fist up and saying 'see you next time, inside the octagon'. Goldberg?? I can't even remember his name.

Rogan is cool.
  • shawnbshawnb Posts: 4,315Banned Users
    edited April 2009
  • fall200mphfall200mph Posts: 1,186Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    Rogan and Goldie are awesome and I've read Joe on the UG too, he's great. I also read his blogs. Great stuff.

I'm listening to Miletich now, who obviously knows the game, but he doesn't have Joe's delivery imo.
  • ricoj3323ricoj3323 Posts: 1,835Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    I would rather hear Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg then Mauro Ranallo, Tito, Gus Johnson and Bill Goldberg
    edited April 2009
    I would never say I would like to hear Goldberg.
    edited April 2009
    arlovskiviako;38522 said:
    I would never say I would like to hear Goldberg.

Which one Bill or Mike? :)
    edited April 2009
    JujitsWho;38524 said:
    Which one Bill or Mike? :)
    Umm, BOTH.
  • oxen6999oxen6999 Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    Yeah i love Rogan! With his drunken slurring and ridiculously obvious commentary! Hey Joe nothing like a tie to make it look like you actually might be a professional! No, you dont have to shave, you look like a bum off the street but have another Jack and Coke and tell us the wrong date for the Randy Couture vs Lesner Fight and have to have Randy correct you on National Tv.....C'mon people both of those guys suck. Lets get Randy and a professional play-by-play guy
    edited April 2009
    oxen6999;38596 said:
    Yeah i love Rogan! With his drunken slurring and ridiculously obvious commentary! Hey Joe nothing like a tie to make it look like you actually might be a professional! No, you dont have to shave, you look like a bum off the street but have another Jack and Coke and tell us the wrong date for the Randy Couture vs Lesner Fight and have to have Randy correct you on National Tv.....C'mon people both of those guys suck. Lets get Randy and a professional play-by-play guy
    LOL Ahhhhh thats some funny stuff right there :)
    edited April 2009
    fall200mph;38512 said:
    Rogan and Goldie are awesome and I've read Joe on the UG too, he's great. I also read his blogs. Great stuff.

I'm listening to Miletich now, who obviously knows the game, but he doesn't have Joe's delivery imo.
    BTW what is the UG your talking about in your post?? Kind of new to the site.
  • HizokaHizoka Posts: 4,143Registered Users
    edited April 2009
    i vote they get rid of goldie and put Bas there instead.... Bas and Rogan would be awsome

Quote:

Origin