Wanderlei Silva

arlovskiviakoarlovskiviako Posts: 8,622Banned Users
edited July 2010 in UFC
Here is a link to this story basically he is saying he wants a rematch with liddell before he moves down to 185, I guess Dana White must be cosidering moving him down guess jackson kinda scared him.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7899&zoneid=2
Post edited by arlovskiviako on
«1

Comments

  • mr_GO_HARDmr_GO_HARD Posts: 5,985Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i think middleweight is a good place for him... hes kind of a smaller 205er. i guess i wouldnt mind a wandy vs chuck 2.
    O.G. Member

    First Member with 1,000 posts

    Originator of the Post Milestone Speech.



    Respect!
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Wandy/Hendo rematch in the future??
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • mr_GO_HARDmr_GO_HARD Posts: 5,985Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    its definately possible... q: ) hopefully bisping defeats hendo, i think it makes for better scenarios. kinda getting ahead of myself... but oh well.
    O.G. Member

    First Member with 1,000 posts

    Originator of the Post Milestone Speech.



    Respect!
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i dont want to see Wandy go 1-5, he should just drop to MW and get a few fights to get comfortable and then have Wandy/Hendo 3.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • mr_GO_HARDmr_GO_HARD Posts: 5,985Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i agree... it sucks seeing great fighters/legends get on a losing streak.
    O.G. Member

    First Member with 1,000 posts

    Originator of the Post Milestone Speech.



    Respect!
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    Wanderlei can go into a 10 fight losing streak, as long as he makes for exciting fights is all I care about. Wanderlei is kinda turning into Sakuraba in that way lol
    imageimage
    image
  • Eye4anEyeEye4anEye Posts: 342Banned Users
    edited January 2009
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa liddellvs silva 2 yea yea yea hopefully silva knocks out liddell with a right hook.
  • TOPTEAM7TOPTEAM7 Posts: 865Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    I am not sure that Wandi can take a punch anymore. I think his body has had it.
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Little_Kang;4460 said:
    Wanderlei can go into a 10 fight losing streak, as long as he makes for exciting fights is all I care about. Wanderlei is kinda turning into Sakuraba in that way lol
    sadly, thats very possible. though Wandy will always have those 3 fights over Saku ;)
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4599 said:
    sadly, thats very possible. though Wandy will always have those 3 fights over Saku ;)
    But really if you look at it, it's true. Both competeted for most of their career in a weight class higher then they should be. That and also constant tension from so many wars are taking on their body now.
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Wandy will be interesting at MW. i still want to see more of Reljic. he should be healed by now, right? any "rumors" of who he might fight as a return?
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4611 said:
    Wandy will be interesting at MW. i still want to see more of Reljic. he should be healed by now, right? any "rumors" of who he might fight as a return?
    If Reljic didn't get hurt we wouldn't be seeing Leites vs Silva right now.....

    Reljic has got power in his striking, and has been rumored to be training with Roger Gracie on the ground. The only thing I kinda see with Reljic is his almost "crocop" style in striking. In his fight he looked like he was always trying to land that head kick and wasn't mixing his strikes too well.

    But hopefully more time he'll improve it all
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i also cant wait for Mousasi's next fight. it is rumored that Affliction is trying to pick him up to fight Belfort for the WAMMA belt or has this been confirmed yet?
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • arlovskiviakoarlovskiviako Posts: 8,622Banned Users
    edited January 2009
    So Belfort definitely has a title shot even if he loses to lindland.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4624 said:
    i also cant wait for Mousasi's next fight. it is rumored that Affliction is trying to pick him up to fight Belfort for the WAMMA belt or has this been confirmed yet?
    Never seen that rumor yet. Mousasi just fought a K-1 bout on Dynamite. And from my guesses..... Dream won't be letting go of him anytime soon.

    P.S: get on msn you ****
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    arlovskiviako;4628 said:
    So Belfort definitely has a title shot even if he loses to lindland.
    well i heard that the Lindland fight was canned to do this fight. i read in an interview that Affliction was trying to set up the Belfort/Mousasi fight in January. i havent heard much other then that.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Little_Kang;4629 said:
    Never seen that rumor yet. Mousasi just fought a K-1 bout on Dynamite. And from my guesses..... Dream won't be letting go of him anytime soon.

    P.S: get on msn you ****
    in the same interview, it stated that Dream and Affliction have been part of the WAMMA and that it is going to be a joint promotion. kind of like the EXC Affliction i would assume. i will post the source later.

    P.S. yo, i cant right now. i am not at home. i am using my friends computer. i will definitely be on later though, if u are still on. i will be getting on the box later for some 4 at his place as well.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    i might as well state some of the other info they had. it ALSO stated that Mousasi is interested in trying mma at LHW and HW later on through out his career. thats most of what i can remember off hand.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • arlovskiviakoarlovskiviako Posts: 8,622Banned Users
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4632 said:
    well i heard that the Lindland fight was canned to do this fight. i read in an interview that Affliction was trying to set up the Belfort/Mousasi fight in January. i havent heard much other then that.
    I personally think it would be a lot better fight than the lindland fight. Gegard is a bad **** fighter.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4636 said:
    in the same interview, it stated that Dream and Affliction have been part of the WAMMA and that it is going to be a joint promotion. kind of like the EXC Affliction i would assume. i will post the source later.

    P.S. yo, i cant right now. i am not at home. i am using my friends computer. i will definitely be on later though, if u are still on. i will be getting on the box later for some 4 at his place as well.
    I'll try to get on the box later too.

    And he would tear Vitor imo. Vitor is a head caseq
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    yeah, sadly Belforts time has past. i would definitely say that Mousasi wins and then he defends against Lindland. i think Lindlands style could beat Mousasi as well.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4653 said:
    yeah, sadly Belforts time has past. i would definitely say that Mousasi wins and then he defends against Lindland. i think Lindlands style could beat Mousasi as well.
    Well would the WAMMA belt be 5x 5 minute rounds? If so I think Lindland would lose too
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Little_Kang;4658 said:
    Well would the WAMMA belt be 5x 5 minute rounds? If so I think Lindland would lose too
    ya know i am not sure. i would assume so, but i think Lindland takes it and i am a Mousasi fan lol.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    TheStorm;4661 said:
    ya know i am not sure. i would assume so, but i think Lindland takes it and i am a Mousasi fan lol.
    People think highly on lindland for some reason. Lately he fights like once a year and each time doesn't look too stellar. You said that Vitor's time has past, well Matt's past a LONG time ago
    imageimage
    image
  • TheStormTheStorm Posts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Little_Kang;4670 said:
    People think highly on lindland for some reason. Lately he fights like once a year and each time doesn't look too stellar. You said that Vitor's time has past, well Matt's past a LONG time ago
    Matt can always fall on LnP if need be lol.
    You kind of remind me of a dog a friend of mine used to have. It was a poodle crossed with something really ugly. I don't really know what breed it was.
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate
    edited January 2009
    not for 5 rounds he couldn't
    imageimage
    image
  • ReginaldbReginaldb Posts: 584Registered Users
    edited January 2009
    Man I cant wait for the Affliction event and then the 2 UFCs and the WEC stuff too. A packed month, way to start the year.
  • Heat_CheckHeat_Check Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I think he's fighting Chris Leben next.
    Favorite Fighters



    HW: Carwin, Big Nog

    LHW: Jones, Franklin, Brilz

    MW: Maia, Marquardt, Wandy

    WW: Alves, Swick

    LW: Stevenson, Florian
  • MachidaSilvaMachidaSilva Posts: 405Free
    I am an 08er
    ^
    The "Story" of the day is that OMOPLATAYPUS is the GOAT poster on this here forum. Blee dat.

    some_text
  • Sephiroth388Sephiroth388 Antioch, TennesseePosts: 839Free

    I am an 08er

    Are you just looking for random old threads to revive?

Sign In or Register to comment.