What Are The Vegas Odds That GSP Finishes Diaz?

Pessimist_PetePessimist_Pete Posts: 6,673Ultimate
edited November 2011 in UFC
I'm thinking they are probably 600 to 1.

Diaz has never been finished and GSP can't finish a Dr. Seuss book.

Discuss
Post edited by Pessimist_Pete on
discuss thanx

Comments

• GarlandPatriotGarlandPatriot Posts: 4,361Free
    edited June 2011
    He's been finished before, but that was a long time ago. GSP isn't going to finish Diaz, but GSP will win the fight
  • verJJverJJ Posts: 3,992Free
    edited June 2011
    if GSP lands a greasy headbutt and cuts open Diaz is the only way, or if Diaz slips on vaseline and KOs himself
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

• CorporalCleggCorporalClegg Posts: 6,513Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    St. Pierre finishing Diaz odds?

I'll say 4,000,000 to 1
  • Pessimist_PetePessimist_Pete Posts: 6,673Ultimate
    edited June 2011
    GarlandPatriot;1974519 said:
    He's been finished before, but that was a long time ago. GSP isn't going to finish Diaz, but GSP will win the fight
    Okay, so I looked it up and he was stopped once, in 2002, in his fourth fight ever.

Bottom line, I would live to know what the Vegas odds are for GSP finishing the fight.
    discuss thanx
  • AfflictionRUSHAfflictionRUSH Posts: 1,125Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    Diaz is one tough S.O.B. He doesn't go down easily. In other words, he's one tough dude to finish. Guaranteed to go to a decision. People actually thought GSP would finish Shields....Shields has only been finished ONCE in his entire MMA career and people were whining and complaining about how GSP didn't finish him. It almost makes me think they WANT GSP to finish so they can finally get back on his bandwagon. They hate him cause he doesn't finish.

Watch, if GSP finishes Diaz or anyone else, people will get back on his bandwagon and go "DAMN!!! IM ACTUALLY IMPRESSED!! GSP FAN ONCE AGAIN!!". Guaranteed. BUT, if ur a true hater, keep hating even if he does finish. Because otherwise, it'll just make you look like an idiot.
    i want to lick the Vaseline of GSP b4 he dry humps me
    edited June 2011
    verJJ;1974534 said:
    if GSP lands a greasy headbutt and cuts open Diaz is the only way, or if Diaz slips on vaseline and KOs himself
    Nice. :)
    discuss thanx
    edited June 2011
    AfflictionRUSH;1974555 said:
    Diaz is one tough S.O.B. He doesn't go down easily. In other words, he's one tough dude to finish. Guaranteed to go to a decision. People actually thought GSP would finish Shields....Shields has only been finished ONCE in his entire MMA career and people were whining and complaining about how GSP didn't finish him. It almost makes me think they WANT GSP to finish so they can finally get back on his bandwagon. They hate him cause he doesn't finish.

Watch, if GSP finishes Diaz or anyone else, people will get back on his bandwagon and go "DAMN!!! IM ACTUALLY IMPRESSED!! GSP FAN ONCE AGAIN!!". Guaranteed. BUT, if ur a true hater, keep hating even if he does finish. Because otherwise, that'll just make you look like an idiot.
    So what odds would you lay that GSP finishes Diaz?

Would you bet $100, to win $2,500? Think about it for a second. Picture yourself with a hundred dollar bill in your hand. Would you place a wager for that $100 for a chance at $2,500?
    discuss thanx
    edited June 2011
    Pessimist_Pete;1974549 said:
    Okay, so I looked it up and he was stopped once, in 2002, in his fourth fight ever.

Bottom line, I would live to know what the Vegas odds are for GSP finishing the fight.
    The odds of winning the lotto, having the pope steal it, chasing him through the galaxy on the death star, catching him on Mars, becoming friends with him and having lunch, then coming back on earth just to find out you really didn't win the lotto in the first place are more likely than GSP finishing Diaz.............. that being said, GSP is still going to win. Just not by finish :cool:
  • MarDawgMarDawg Posts: 2,405Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    GarlandPatriot;1974569 said:
    The odds of winning the lotto, having the pope steal it, chasing him through the galaxy on the death star, catching him on Mars, becoming friends with him and having lunch, then coming back on earth just to find out you really didn't win the lotto in the first place are more likely than GSP finishing Diaz.............. that being said, GSP is still going to win. Just not by finish :cool:
    i love how even GSP fans don't expect him to finish fights lol
    HW: Alistair Overeem, Junior Dos Santos

LHW: Rampage Jackson, Jon Jones

MW: Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva

WW: Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz

LW: Melvin Guillard

FW: Jose Aldo
    edited June 2011
    MarDawg;1974577 said:
    there are some GSP fans that expect him to win, just not this one
  • AfflictionRUSHAfflictionRUSH Posts: 1,125Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    Pessimist_Pete;1974568 said:
    So what odds would you lay that GSP finishes Diaz?

Would you bet $100, to win $2,500? Think about it for a second. Picture yourself with a hundred dollar bill in your hand. Would you place a wager for that $100 for a chance at $2,500?

No, I would not bet 100 bucks for a chance to win 2500 because I'm positive GSP will not finish Diaz. GSP will win, but it'll be by decision lol.
    i want to lick the Vaseline of GSP b4 he dry humps me
  • JP24JP24 Posts: 23,770Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    Infinite to 1. GSP will never finish another fight in his career at the pace he's going.
    Shuberling is one of the great minds of our century.
    edited June 2011
    To take GSP in this bet, I would need 100 to 1 odds, and even then I would only bet $10. So, if GSP did finish Diaz, I would get $1,000. But if he doesn't finish him, I'd only be out $10. That is the most I would bet, and only at 100 to 1 odds or better. I'm not joking either.
    discuss thanx
  • DCDWDCDW Posts: 660Free
    edited June 2011
    Little: Hello and welcome to a remarkable championship bout. Destructor, a robotic armoured tank, whose very use at battle has been ruled a war crime, versus Gender Bender, who wears a pink tutu. This is Rich Little, imitating Howard Cosell, here at ringside with George Foreman. George, a word in edgewise?
    Foreman: This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an 80-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. M-My memory's not what it used to be but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.
    Little: Interesting, if true. The Vegas odds tonight stand at an unprecedented 1000-0; a bet of $0 on Bender pays $1000 if he wins. Still, very few takers.
    Foreman: It's definitely not a smart bet.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,245Free
    edited June 2011
    Pessimist_Pete;1974890 said:
    To take GSP in this bet, I would need 100 to 1 odds, and even then I would only bet $10. So, if GSP did finish Diaz, I would get $1,000. But if he doesn't finish him, I'd only be out $10. That is the most I would bet, and only at 100 to 1 odds or better. I'm not joking either.
    So you would throw 10$ away for nothing :confused:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • CorporalCleggCorporalClegg Posts: 6,513Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    carnages41;1974906 said:
    So you would throw 10$ away for nothing :confused:
    :D
  • shinsplintshinsplint Posts: 58,742Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    MarDawg;1974577 said:
    Truth...^

It's making me laugh... :)
    Proud Lyoto & Toquinho fanboy

Do not break rule No.1

WARNING: Drunken mods ban for quoting Tweets.
    edited June 2011
    DCDW;1974904 said:

Little: Interesting, if true. The Vegas odds tonight stand at an unprecedented 1000-0; a bet of $0 on Bender pays $1000 if he wins. Still, very few takers.
    Foreman: It's definitely not a smart bet.
    I would take 1000-0 odds, maybe.
    discuss thanx
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    edited June 2011
    I've never bet on a fight before, but I'd like to bet like 20 euros (around 28 dollars, yeah I'm poor) in Diaz winning the fight.

I don't like GSP but I was never convinced that someone would beat him before, I knew Shields, Hardy, Alves, Kos had very little chance, but styles make matchups and Diaz will be a nightmare for GSP.
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    edited June 2011
    I think GSP will finish the fight if Diaz brings the fight to him. But Diaz will probably end up like the rest of GSP's opponents, realizing he's out classed and fighting timid.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
    edited June 2011
    dfwGSP;1975443 said:
    I think GSP will finish the fight if Diaz brings the fight to him. But Diaz will probably end up like the rest of GSP's opponents, realizing he's out classed and fighting timid.
    You're a funny guy. Nice post.
    discuss thanx
    edited June 2011
    dfwGSP;1975443 said:
    I pity the fool
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    edited June 2011
    ultimatefightingchamp;1975451 said:
    I pity the fool
    He's not just a fool, he's SF WW champ.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • ShimiShimi Posts: 1,134Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    dfwGSP;1975469 said:
    He's not just a fool, he's SF WW champ.
    I am a long time Diaz fan... but have to give props, thats a burn of epic proportions... hahahaha
    edited June 2011
    Shimi;1975476 said:
    I am a long time Diaz fan... but have to give props, thats a burn of epic proportions... hahahaha
    Not really, no.
  • ShimiShimi Posts: 1,134Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    take your lumps like a man, lol
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    edited June 2011
    shinsplint;1975083 said:
    Truth...^

It's making me laugh... :)
    Says the guy with Machida in his Avatar, LMAO.

I hope you realize that Machida would need to finish his next 5 straight opponents to EQUAL the finishing % of GSP.

What a HACK.
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• shinsplintshinsplint Posts: 58,742Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    Bubba_Pilks;1975494 said:

I hope you realize that Machida would need to finish his next 5 straight opponents to EQUAL the finishing % of GSP.

What a HACK.
    When has Lyoto L n P'd Bubba?
    Proud Lyoto & Toquinho fanboy

Do not break rule No.1

WARNING: Drunken mods ban for quoting Tweets.
    edited June 2011
    Bubba_Pilks;1975494 said:

What a HACK.
    Machida KOed Rashad, Silva, and Couture.

GSP has not finished anyone in over 40 consecutive rounds...
    discuss thanx
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,048Free
    edited June 2011
    will place $100 on GSP by TKO strikes. and win sh!tloads. will screenshot proof closer to the fight.

sounds crazy i know but just think this is the one.

even to say TKO strikes (elbows/forarms) from the top
    (i am traveling to montreal next year and if it doesnt happen i will find Greg Jackson and tell him to his face that i'd like my $AU100 back) which should be cool, im guessing since its like $US1.10 at the moment its like $3000 canadian, so either way will pay for my ski trip!

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D