• Please log in to reply
6175 replies to this topic

#101 carnages

carnages

Fall

• Free
  • 54,287 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

That's not a question, but it sounds like a challenge. You know we are coming to Toronto right?

Not that I'm a Canadian expert, but my time with UFC has taken me to Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal, and I was offered ZERO Canadian bacon in an igloo. Should I be offended? I did however have some amazing raw fish in Vancouver this past June.

Oh true, i wanted to go to UFC toronto last time but they were sold out, I just looked at the tickets left and they are all 150+ :(

But im sure you guys will come back to Toronto again and when you do ill be the first to buy the cheap tickets lol

Prediction Tournament XVI Champion

Gamblers Prediction League Season 4 Champion

Last one to post Champion

UFC Forum Fight Camp Champion

UFC Predictions Tournament 5 - unofficial Champion

PSN - DrPaul

#102 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

Look at Ms. I'mspewingwithconfidence over here.

There is a reason I have this job. Find lazy, dull women elsewhere :D

#103 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey Leonie, do you think the UFC will ever make it back to Atlanta?

I honestly don't know. No offense to Atlanta, but we have some big markets we want to hit sooner than later.

#104 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

Well it does to me. That's why I asked.

But why? What if it wasn't, but I wanted to take responsibility? What's the point, so you have a person to target anger towards?

#105 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

how long have you been working with the UFC and how did you get the job?

A little over 3 years, and I really just answered a weird job offer. Hiring has changed a lot in the past few years here, and the staff has more than doubled.

#106 Kranga

Kranga
  • Free
  • 16,058 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

But why? What if it wasn't, but I wanted to take responsibility? What's the point, so you have a person to target anger towards?

Maybe so he can not repeat the past.... If I stuff up, I want to know where and how I stuffed up
One of the last true OG's on this board!

RIP to my fallen brothers!

#107 shinsplint

shinsplint
  • Banned
  • 58,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

Well you are the apparent power's that be, so you may know.

I was simply enquiring why I was banned. It said trolling/bullying, BUT IMO I was doing none of the sort.

Just thought it may have been an honest mistake.

& why would I take any anger out on you ? I'm merely asking a question & I'm not angry.

Thank's anyhow.

the_enigma is my daddy and I am a flithy felcher

#108 shinsplint

shinsplint
  • Banned
  • 58,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Maybe so he can not repeat the past.... If I stuff up, I want to know where and how I stuffed up

Posted Image

#109 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Who's responsibility is this site/these forums?

What is the strategic plan for these forums and where do they fit in with the other strategic plans and branding for the UFC?

Since the "all ages forums" policy has proved to be such a miserable failure have you considered splitting the forum to have a separate teens/under 21 section? Then the immature kids can have their own section to talk about childish **** and the adults who actually buy PPVs (not stream them like most of the immature broke losers on here do) can actually talk about the fights with people who have actually watched every single UFC/MMA event in the last 5, 10 years + etc.

What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for running this site? Do you think 20-50 members on average in the "Outside the UFC section" is comparable with other sports related sites that have off topic sections on their forums?

If the UFC is going to be "the biggest sport in the world" as Dana says do you think this site represents the "biggest sport in the world" or soon to be "biggest sport in the world" adequately/appropriately?

Do you think this site would be better if their was some editorial control? I'm all for free speech but most of the current members are broke, stupid, pathetic losers. Do you think the site having most of it's threads/posts produced by lifelong losers is good for the site/forums?

I bought NFL Game Pass Premium this season for about AUD$200. I get every single game live or on demand in HD. Does the UFC have a similar product/service currently? Do you think it would be a good idea to put such a product/service into your PPV product/service line up for loyal long term fans who actually buy all your PPVs?

NFL is obviously the best run sport in the world by a long margin. What can the UFC learn from the NFL to improve how well the sport of MMA is managed, branded, monetized, and presented to fans?

Finally, can I have some free stuff please? I bought a UFC polo shirt from your store and I like it. Have you got anything else that is good? PM me for delivery details. Also, when the UFC comes back to Australia swing me a few tickets. Thank you and have a nice day.

SOOOO much happening here. I'll summarize:
-Likely no tickets in Australia since those fights sell out so fast
-No free stuff, or i'd have to give everyone here free stuff
-I have opinions on some of your questions, but the final decisions come from upstairs, and as this is a privately held company, business strategies are private.
-some of our employees have come from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB... they might beg to differ with your statement about the NFL :P

#110 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

tl ; dr ^

So OP, did you find out who was trying to undermining your authority?

? what?

#111 Leiting

Leiting
  • Free
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

What could you tell us about Joe Silva? For a man who's been so influential and credited with putting together a head spinning number of fights at this point, he's managed to remain almost entirely out of the public spotlight. Seeing as how he is clearly a man of privacy, at least when dealing with the MMA fanbase, I wouldn't ask you to divulge anything personal regarding the man - but what are your thoughts on him. Is he talkative, stoic, funny, serious, head in the clouds dreaming up match ups all day or nose buried in information...

#112 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

You probably won't answer this because it's kinda personal but.......

How much money you make in a year?

Yep, not answering. Enough, but not enough ;)

#113 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hopefully it'll come back to Michigan before Atlanta.

And1

Just outside of Detroit.

Well, if we do make it there in the next year, I'll hold you to this.

#114 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Have you ever thought about creating some official tipping competitions that the fans can participate in. Some official ones that have a prize for the winner?

We already have these that we do but would you be interested in making one that can get all browsing fans invloved in. It would be good to have something like this with rewards and scoreboards and statistics etc.
http://forums.ufc.pr...dictions league
http://forums.ufc.pr...dictions league

Also, were there any Champion vs Champion GSP vs Nick Diaz posters or merchandise printed when that fight was still on? If so how could I go about getting some?

We used to have an official Fantasy game, with prizes, that I ran. It was too easy to cheat, so we dropped it and have actively been working on a new one. As anyone in web coding knows, it always takes longer than anticipated.

#115 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Well, if we do make it there in the next year, I'll hold you to this.

Just wrote it on a sticky note, I'll be looking out for any Michigan events now.

#116 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 23,296 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

We used to have an official Fantasy game, with prizes, that I ran. It was too easy to cheat, so we dropped it and have actively been working on a new one. As anyone in web coding knows, it always takes longer than anticipated.

ok cool,

so what about

"were there any Champion vs Champion GSP vs Nick Diaz posters or merchandise printed when that fight was still on? If so how could I go about getting some?"

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#117 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

What could you tell us about Joe Silva? For a man who's been so influential and credited with putting together a head spinning number of fights at this point, he's managed to remain almost entirely out of the public spotlight. Seeing as how he is clearly a man of privacy, at least when dealing with the MMA fanbase, I wouldn't ask you to divulge anything personal regarding the man - but what are your thoughts on him. Is he talkative, stoic, funny, serious, head in the clouds dreaming up match ups all day or nose buried in information...

I love Joe. So much so that I almost feel uneasy talking about him. He is a great guy, but not one you want to interrupt on fight night. In social settings, his intelligence is evident, but he is at ease with everyone. He can take a joke, and dish a better one back. One of my favorite people to travel with, hands-down. Hopefully that says enough.

#118 G__row

G__row
  • Members
  • 16,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

I honestly don't know. No offense to Atlanta, but we have some big markets we want to hit sooner than later.

Yeah, I was disappointed in the turn out when it was here.
I will have to hit up one next time it is close. Last one I went to was Memphis. Well worth the drive.
HAN****!

#119 aj2517

aj2517
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Or, one of my favorites: You know you and a fighter are friends when he guards your car in a ghetto WalMart parking lot, and you come back out and he is dancing, shirt off, outside the car with the door open and the stereo blaring. His excuse was that he had ordered us lunch, but he had no other way to make sure the delivery guy knew where we were. :confused: You may be able to guess who this was...

I'm going to guess Pat Barry?

#120 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

ok cool,

so what about

"were there any Champion vs Champion GSP vs Nick Diaz posters or merchandise printed when that fight was still on? If so how could I go about getting some?"

There were a limited number, and they are all spoken for. One person who has one has already had it professionally framed and hung in her living room.

#121 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

I'm going to guess Pat Barry?

I absolutely do not know who that was lol.

keep guessing...

#122 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

keep guessing...

Rampage?

#123 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Rampage?

Definitely not. He also is not a fan when I'm in his locker room lol

#124 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 23,296 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

There were a limited number, and they are all spoken for. One person who has one has already had it professionally framed and hung in her living room.

Posted Image

damn it lol I had the exact same idea in mind.

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

#125 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Definitely not. He also is not a fan when I'm in his locker room lol

Oh haha, what weight class?

#126 aj2517

aj2517
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hmm if it's not Pat Barry or Rampage then I absolutely have no idea lol.

#127 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Oh haha, what weight class?

Hmm if it's not Pat Barry or Rampage then I absolutely have no idea lol.

WEC fame...

But I should mention that Pat Barry would likely do this, if presented the opportunity. He was one of the most friendly fighters I've ever dealt with through an event weekend. Normally, cutting weight and training keeps everyone very focused, but he was willing to do the "tea pot" for me while killing time before weigh in's in DC:
http://www.facebook....&type=3

PS, I took most of the photos in that album

#128 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,756 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Don't know why but I have a feeling it's Oliveria.

edit: didn't know he was from WEC

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#129 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Urijah Faber? He seems like he might. Maybe Nick Diaz.

#130 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 23,296 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

WEC fame...

But I should mention that Pat Barry would likely do this, if presented the opportunity. He was one of the most friendly fighters I've ever dealt with through an event weekend. Normally, cutting weight and training keeps everyone very focused, but he was willing to do the "tea pot" for me while killing time before weigh in's in DC:
https://www.facebook...&type=3

PS, I took most of the photos in that album

This one's hilarious. :D

Posted Image

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

#131 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

This one's hilarious. :D

Posted Image

That's crazy lol.

#132 shinsplint

shinsplint
  • Banned
  • 58,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

That you behind Vera ?

#133 maxx77

maxx77
  • Free
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

-I have opinions on some of your questions, but the final decisions come from upstairs, and as this is a privately held company, business strategies are private.
-some of our employees have come from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB... they might beg to differ with your statement about the NFL :P

lol at those people saying the nfl isnt ran the best look at the revenue splits nuff said
leben henderson brock rumble fedor guillard sonnen carwin

ҚoЯη ALICE IN CHAINS PANTERA

marshawn lynch peyton hillis jake long patrick kerney takeo spikes john lynch mike alstott richie incognito zach

#134 Tiberius

Tiberius
  • Banned
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

No not many things happening in that post just a few basic questions that I would have hoped would come easy to someone who worked in your position.

No tickets? ok.

No free stuff? ok.

Yeah obviously I wasn't asking for any private information just general information that companies of the UFC's size normally make public in press releases, public statements, official announcements etc.

Well if they want to differ with the fact the NFL is the best run sport in the world they don't sound like very competent employees. It's quite easy to look at revenues, profits, growth, tv rights deals, merchandise sales, sport infrastructure in schools, colleges, city stadiums etc, number of kids playing the sport etc, number of people watching the sport etc, to see how far the NFL is ahead of the UFC and the other major North American sports you mentioned.

I'll be honest with you, I have lost confidence in Dana's claim that the UFC will be the biggest sport in the world. The UFC has achieved so much and could become the biggest sport in the world. But unfortunately I don't think you have the quality of educated staff with strong business and pro sports acumen. The UFC is fun. We all like to have a cold beer and watch the fights. But you need serious people behind the scenes. People who know what they are doing and have some maturity and professionalism. Dana does a good job. Lorenzo does a good job. I'm sure you have many more people in the UFC who do a good job. But you don't seem to have the executive talent across the organisation to turn your dream of being the biggest sport in the world into a reality.
The Supplements Lab

What you think I rap for, to push a ****'n Rav-4?

#135 maxx77

maxx77
  • Free
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

No not many things happening in that post just a few basic questions that I would have hoped would come easy to someone who worked in your position.

No tickets? ok.

No free stuff? ok.

Yeah obviously I wasn't asking for any private information just general information that companies of the UFC's size normally make public in press releases, public statements, official announcements etc.

Well if they want to differ with the fact the NFL is the best run sport in the world they don't sound like very competent employees. It's quite easy to look at revenues, profits, growth, tv rights deals, merchandise sales, sport infrastructure in schools, colleges, city stadiums etc, number of kids playing the sport etc, number of people watching the sport etc, to see how far the NFL is ahead of the UFC and the other major North American sports you mentioned.

I'll be honest with you, I have lost confidence in Dana's claim that the UFC will be the biggest sport in the world. The UFC has achieved so much and could become the biggest sport in the world. But unfortunately I don't think you have the quality of educated staff with strong business and pro sports acumen. The UFC is fun. We all like to have a cold beer and watch the fights. But you need serious people behind the scenes. People who know what they are doing and have some maturity and professionalism. Dana does a good job. Lorenzo does a good job. I'm sure you have many more people in the UFC who do a good job. But you don't seem to have the executive talent across the organisation to turn your dream of being the biggest sport in the world into a reality.

they should defiantly look into making a package that is somewhat comparable to nfl sunday ticket.
leben henderson brock rumble fedor guillard sonnen carwin

ҚoЯη ALICE IN CHAINS PANTERA

marshawn lynch peyton hillis jake long patrick kerney takeo spikes john lynch mike alstott richie incognito zach

#136 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

Problem right now the NFL is SO much farther ahead then any sport (In the US, not talking about soccer) revenue wise. Also it's had about a 90 year head start on MMA.

#137 Tiberius

Tiberius
  • Banned
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

lol at those people saying the nfl isnt ran the best look at the revenue splits nuff said

lol exactly bro. The gulf between the UFC's performance and rhetoric is getting embarrassing.

UFC 136 Fighter salaries

NB: The UFC pays fighters undisclosed payments in addition to published fight purses.

Frankie Edgar: $177,000 ($51,000 to show, $51,000 win bonus, $75,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)

Joe Lauzon: $99,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus, $75,000 Submission of the Night bonus)

Leonard Garcia: $93,000 ($18,000 to show, $75,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

Nam Phan: $91,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus, $75,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

Demian Maia: $86,000 ($43,000 to show, $43,000 win bonus)

Chael Sonnen: $70,000 ($35,000 to show, $35,000 win bonus)

Kenny Florian: $65,000

Jose Aldo: $48,000 ($24,000 to show, $24,000 win bonus)

Jorge Santiago: $36,000

Aaron Simpson: $34,000 ($17,000 to show, $17,000 win bonus)

Melvin Guillard: $32,000

Gray Maynard: $26,000

Brian Stann: $23,000

Anthony Pettis: $20,000 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus)

Jeremy Stephens: $20,000

Darren Elkins: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)

Mike Massenzio: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)

Eric Schafer: $13,000

Joey Beltran: $12,000

Steve Cantwell: $10,000

Stipe Miocic: $8,000 ($4,000 to show, $4,000 win bonus)

Zhang Tie Quan: $4,000

Zhang Tie Quan got $4k for being on a PPV?

Here's an example of what a low paid guy makes in the NFL for kicking the ball:

Heading into the 2010 season, Cundiff had bounced around a bit, but with his strong campaign, he has finally gained some job security.

Cundiff will sign a five-year, $15 million deal with the Ravens, Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun reports.
The Supplements Lab

#138 Solid_Snake

Solid_Snake
  • Ultimate
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

No tickets? ok.

No free stuff? ok.

Though I think she was joking, I totally agree with you guys about the NFL. Every team has an equal chance of building success, the worse teams get the easiest schedules and the best teams usually get tougher schedules. Not to mention, they have 1/8 the viewership of Fifa and pull in almost $4 billion more a year.
GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar

#139 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

Though I think she was joking, I totally agree with you guys about the NFL. Every team has an equal chance of building success, the worse teams get the easiest schedules and the best teams usually get tougher schedules. Not to mention, they have 1/8 the viewership of Fifa and pull in almost $4 billion more a year.

Bull**** about the schedule lol, Packers have hands down top 5 easiest schedule this year. Year before Saints had top 5 easiest schedule.

#140 G__row

G__row
  • Members
  • 16,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

San Fran, Buffalo or San Diego.

Head over to the NFL thread. Back on topic here.......
Those are some cool pics you took Leonie. I am sure you know Josh Hedges, and his Mom for that matter. How are they doing?
HAN****!

#141 JJKIID

JJKIID
  • Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Leonie, do you read my breakdowns?
If so, do you like them? Be honest, I can take criticism, and I don't feel I get enough, so fire away.

#142 Epilogue1406051983

Epilogue1406051983
  • Members
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image
wanderleisilva101 is the predictions king he told me Aldo would send Edgar crying to BW.

let me tell you how you're feeling right now... my precision is very precise...

#143 G__row

G__row
  • Members
  • 16,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

Guys, really.
HAN****!

#144 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

who do you have to win the superbowl ? :confused:

I honestly don't care. I have a brain full of MMA stats and no room left to root for family teams or play in a fantasy pool.

While I wasn't necessarily joking about the way the NFL is run, I was more trying to point out that great employees have come over to UFC to help build it. That takes time, media cooperation, and sponsor dollars. It's a never-ending loop of building up legitimacy, with a sport structured unlike any other. It's come a long way, and has room to grow, but comparison is just not apples to apples.

#145 TheSanchez

TheSanchez
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

If we wish to continue this conversation lets move to the official NFL thread.

#146 Tiberius

Tiberius
  • Banned
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Guys, really.

Posted Image
The Supplements Lab

#147 Leonie

Leonie
  • Ultimate
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Head over to the NFL thread. Back on topic here.......
Those are some cool pics you took Leonie. I am sure you know Josh Hedges, and his Mom for that matter. How are they doing?

Thanks. Many of the pics in all the albums are by yours truly. It's pretty fun being an official candid photo taker :D

Josh and his mom are great. I sit near him, but he's usually holed-up in his dark cave for editing lol

#148 shinsplint

shinsplint
  • Banned
  • 58,742 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Is that you behind Vera ?

#149 G__row

G__row
  • Members
  • 16,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Thanks. Many of the pics in all the albums are by yours truly. It's pretty fun being an official candid photo taker :D

Josh and his mom are great. I sit near him, but he's usually holed-up in his dark cave for editing lol

He's a good guy. But I am sure you know him better then I do.
HAN****!

#150 Solid_Snake

Solid_Snake
  • Ultimate
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Will you please vote yes for me on the be a mod thread? Please?
GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar