Photo

Im new to this forum, any questions I know a little bit about the UFC and fighting

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#101 LegoPig

LegoPig
  • Banned
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Hi Phil, just wondered do you think the fact you have a wussy sounding first name contributed you you becoming a fighter?

Just asking cause my name is Phil too and got a lot of **** growing up for my name and got me into quite a few fights from teasing with people calling me Phillys, Phillipa, Phillupabucketofwater and stuff. i think it helped me become tough guy I am today. Granted I am not on your level to be able to fight professionally as I don't think being punched in the face for a living suits me, I kinda rely on my good looks for success with the ladies, especially since I got old and my body fell to **** with years of substance abuse.
http://stopcyberbullying.org/

The 'carnivale' is so awesome all of it's members are on this site most of the time.

#102 JonesyUK

JonesyUK
  • Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

Welcome to the forum Phil.

To be honest, think you will give it up within a week to 2 weeks, it is a bit of a troll fest and kindergarten here lol :rolleyes:

But, if you are good at ignoring certain posts and posters, you will find there are lots of good guys here too who will engage in some good chat, banter and debate :cool:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts/opinions, much respect
"Any fighter that loses a fight is a can and overrated"

"After a fighters first KO loss, they forever must be known to have a glass chin"

Official UFC Forum logic

Proud

#103 FighterswithHeart

FighterswithHeart
  • Banned
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

some of you just dont get it.

there are lots of us here who have not fought in ufc and did not experience anything about being a ufc fighter.

as a fan of fighting and not a fanboy of fighters there are lots of interesting things that us who have not been in ufc cannot answer or just cant have an informed opinion on.

its seems some of you are just trying to punk a ufc fighter and perhaps deny us all a good chance to get some cool behind the scenes type info.

are you here just to hear yourselves ?

wouldnt you want more ufc fighters to come in here and talk ? or you just want to sit and talk to trolls ?

have some respect and perhaps consider your words before you run off at the mouth.

perhaps your parents didnt raise you to understand these things because they didnt love you, but please dont take that out on a fighter who came here to give his thoughts.

we have very few fighters in here and many trolls.

#104 hasopasha

hasopasha
  • Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just responded to a thread bout me on the other forum. I been on MMA forums before I ever fought so over ten years. I know a little bit about MMA and fighting so Ill answer any question and give my opinions on threads.

Here is a little back ground on me . I fought in the UFC 10Xs PRIDE 6Xs I fought in STRIKE FORCE 2Xs once for the Middle Weight Championship. I fought 3 UFC Champions and 2 PRIDE Champions during the course of my career. I KOed one of the PRIDE and one of the UFC champions.

I have never tapped out in a fight.

NYBA

PhilB

i don't believe its really you but if it is huge fan right here when is your next fight
Kazushi Sakuraba*

the art of not backing down

#105 LegoPig

LegoPig
  • Banned
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

there are lots of us here who have not fought in ufc and did not experience anything about being a ufc fighter.

as a fan of fighting and not a fanboy of fighters there are lots of interesting things that us who have not been in ufc cannot answer or just cant have an informed opinion on.

its seems some of you are just trying to punk a ufc fighter and perhaps deny us all a good chance to get some cool behind the scenes type info.

wouldnt you want more ufc fighters to come in here and talk ? or you just want to sit and talk to trolls ?

have some respect and perhaps consider your words before you run off at the mouth.

perhaps your parents didnt raise you to understand these things because they didnt love you, but please dont take that out on a fighter who came here to give his thoughts.

yep

The 'carnivale' is so awesome all of it's members are on this site most of the time.

#106 Shuberling

Shuberling
  • Free
  • 11,821 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Meh, I'm a fighter, so I don't give a rats *** what you think. :rolleyes:

ACF3A6C2351195481319904350208_31722e0bb1

#107 Jbrahams

Jbrahams
  • Ultimate
  • 12,843 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

another absolute clown.

gee i wonder why more ufc fighters dont post in here.

sorry your opinion has less weight than someone who has fought in ufc, but get back under your rock and stay there till you learn manners fool.

instead of saying that each post that disagrees with Baroni is disrespectful and is fanboyish, how about you stop being Baroni's ***** and accept the fact that our opinion's are just as important, he said what he said about Condit fighting for points, I'm not gonna just sit here and agree with him when he is obviously wrong, no disrespect to the guy but he's not an MMA guru, he's a fighter, the stats don't lie either, Condit finishes fights

Now instead of you replying to all the people who disagree with Baroni, how about you let him answer, he's very capable of doing so.
UFC Community account: _Josh_

#108 Jbrahams

Jbrahams
  • Ultimate
  • 12,843 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Meh, I'm a fighter, so I don't give a rats *** what you think. :rolleyes:

haha that made me lol
UFC Community account: _Josh_

#109 LegoPig

LegoPig
  • Banned
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

if condit came in here i would tell people the same damn thing.

If he came in here it would be running backwards.

#110 mmafan73

mmafan73
  • Free
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

Condit has a 92% finishing rate
Penn has an 81% finishing rate
You have a 78% finishing rate

You have a 14-14 record, against B and C grade fighters

Condit has a 28-5 record against A level fighters

I respect all fighters, but if you start criticising other fighters (unjustly), I'm going to throw it back at you

this is why we dnt have fighters post here alot...way to be a ******...

edit: yes those are facts gratz u can use wikipedia. and you call them B and C grade fighters? i dnt see you beating them...i dnt see you putting ur health on the line...again you CAN express your OPINION but to become an ******* like that...your a ****...
I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim

#111 JohnnyZadar

JohnnyZadar
  • Free
  • 9,697 posts
  • LocationVictoria,BC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Welcome to the Forum Phil:)

#112 Me_Against_The_World

Me_Against_The_World
  • Members
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you and Yoshihiro Akiyama were to have sex...Would it be gay? Seriously though, how does it feel to be the white Sexyama?

#113 Big_Roy_Fan

Big_Roy_Fan
  • Banned
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

WAR phil baroni,

you're cool and all but i got one question..

when you joining the jersey shore cast?
HW: JDS, Roy Nelson

LHW: Jones, Rampage

MW:: Bisping, Sonnen

WW:GSP, Kos

LW: Frankie, Stout

FW: Hominick

BW: Cruz, Jorgenson

FW:Mighty Mouse

#114 Shimi1406052972

Shimi1406052972
  • Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

edit: yes those are facts gratz u can use wikipedia. and you call them B and C grade fighters? i dnt see you beating them...i dnt see you putting ur health on the line...again you CAN express your OPINION but to become an ******* like that...your a ****...

Completely agree.... common courtesy, manners and tact seem too much for the average troll here... A minority of the member base has alot to answer for, this place is a shaddow of what it could be, and this whole event is kind of disheartening.

Thanks for taking your time to post here Phil... seems this place is too interweb hard and fake to be able to nurture relationships with those who can share an insight to the reality of the mma game.

#115 Big_Roy_Fan

Big_Roy_Fan
  • Banned
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

he would probably join about same time you get condits nuts out of your mouth.

no idea what you're talking about

condit went home with his hot wife, and she probably does all that kind of stuff

diaz went home with........ uh... his brother nate.. yeah.. his bro nate.
HW: JDS, Roy Nelson

LHW: Jones, Rampage

MW:: Bisping, Sonnen

WW:GSP, Kos

LW: Frankie, Stout

FW: Hominick

BW: Cruz, Jorgenson

FW:Mighty Mouse

#116 WarWest®

WarWest®

Triple OG

• Free
  • 59,399 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Condit has a 92% finishing rate
Penn has an 81% finishing rate
You have a 78% finishing rate

You have a 14-14 record, against B and C grade fighters

Condit has a 28-5 record against A level fighters

I respect all fighters, but if you start criticising other fighters (unjustly), I'm going to throw it back at you

LMAO!!!

You are so butthurt, you get so upset when someone says something that you think is negative about your beloved GSP LoL

Posted Image

The Cal Ripken Of GSP Hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

post-406774-0-03315500-1494199077.jpg

#117 WarWest®

WarWest®

Triple OG

• Free
  • 59,399 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

phil is badass, he knows his ****

this ends all condit vs diaz debates, diaz whooped his ***, condit ran, diaz wins

+1000000

The Cal Ripken Of GSP Hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

post-406774-0-03315500-1494199077.jpg

#118 GSP_rules1

GSP_rules1
  • Free
  • 999 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hey Phil, first off thanks for all your blood, sweat, and tears you have dedicated to this sport for years!! My question is...I always wondered...Did you attend Evan Tanners funeral. The fights you guys had were epic, and very entertaining to us fans! But after going to war with him like that, is it fair to say that a certain bond is formed between two fighters who go to "war" like that?? Or does the rivalry and pre-fight trash talk carry on? OH, one more quick question...How many times have you watched your highlight finish of dave menne back in the day? one of my favorite finishes of all time...bounced his head like a basketball!!!..lol

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

#119 TheOvereem

TheOvereem
  • Free
  • 9,006 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hi Phil always a fan of fighters who bring it everytime win or lose like yourself, thanks for coming on here, wish more fighters did the same thing! ;)

Couple of questions:
1. Most memorable win?
2. Toughest fighter you've ever fought?
3. Did you prefer fighting in Pride or the UFC?

Btw just played as you on UFC undisputed 3 in Pride mode and stomped Sokoudjou :cool:
Alistair Overeem - Shogun Rua - Paul Daley - Carlos Condit - Conor McGregor

#120 spacey

spacey
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hi Phil, thanx for all the great fights man. you always brought it. i was always excited for a NYBA fight !

who do you think is hotter, Ariany or Britney ?

#121 JBJF

JBJF
  • Free
  • 16,341 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

What has been your favorite fight nyba?

The Head ****** In Charge caught me eating a bag of ****s, now the whole world knows my secret.

#122 CainCarwin

CainCarwin
  • Free
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

The game as changed. its not a fight to the finish. Guys are content on winning on points. Condit and GSP win alot of fights by dec. BJ Penn is a finisher. He got beat by a point fighter by dec. BJ fights to finish guys Edgar fought to win the title by dec.

That was alot like the Diaz Condit fight IMO

I agree Condit didn't try to finish Diaz but to say Condit wins "a lot of decisions" is wrong. Its like saying Gilbert Yvel wins a lot of decisions.

Welcome to the forum man.

#123 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hey Phil.. your washed up.. hows it feel?

#124 Me_Against_The_World

Me_Against_The_World
  • Members
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hey Phil.. your washed up.. hows it feel?

Washed up? Are you implying he was once good? :D

#125 GN_FDU

GN_FDU
  • Free
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi Phil always a fan of fighters who bring it everytime win or lose like yourself, thanks for coming on here, wish more fighters did the same thing! ;)

Couple of questions:
1. Most memorable win?

Btw just played as you on UFC undisputed 3 in Pride mode and stomped Sokoudjou :cool:

I too would like to know the answers to these questions.

I can't say I ever was a fan of yours, but you were a very exciting fighter and always left it all in the cage. You have my respect. My best wishes to you, Phil. Thanks for being a part of this forum. It's always nice to have a fighter whom we've watched and enjoyed be part of this community and be able to ask them questions.

#126 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Washed up? Are you implying he was once good? :D

no i was simply implying that he was dirty the last time i seen him and wanted to know if he decided to start taking showers and wash up a little bit.

#127 Pigs-On-The-Wing

Pigs-On-The-Wing
  • Free
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Wow, Its honesetly disgusting how people act around here towards fighters. I don't know how you could call yourselves fans? Show some ****ing respect.

This

No, I used statistics to back up my claims, if you don't believe them, you are more than welcome to check them yourself

His exact words were "Condit and GSP win alot of fights by dec. BJ Penn is a finisher"

How is this statement true, when Condit has a better finishing rate than BJ Penn?

If he had said that he believed that Condit was not looking to win the fight by finish, and he thought Diaz won the decision, I would have argued, but respectfully. However, he attacked other fighters, so i felt that it was fair that I presented him with facts that told the truth

So disagree with him like a normal person instead of getting all butthurt and trying to insult him. Insulting him is not presenting him with facts. What you said about him also was not a fact. Get real man, you don't have to like the guy but as a MMA fan i would expect to at least show him some respect.

There's no problem with disagreeing with someone and trying to prove your case but when you get personal it shows immaturity imo.

166_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Carlos_Condit.0_zps

tumblr_n566o5bh1x1rne776o2_500.gif

#128 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

I too would like to know the answers to these questions.

I can't say I ever was a fan of yours, but you were a very exciting fighter and always left it all in the cage. You have my respect. My best wishes to you, Phil. Thanks for being a part of this forum. It's always nice to have a fighter whom we've watched and enjoyed be part of this community and be able to ask them questions.

this guys actually the real deal? is there proof? i dont feel like going through 15 pages of this crap to find the proof.. if there is no proof then this guys a phony. anyone can make an account and be like hey its me..

#129 mmafan73

mmafan73
  • Free
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

this guys actually the real deal? is there proof? i dont feel like going through 15 pages of this crap to find the proof.. if there is no proof then this guys a phony. anyone can make an account and be like hey its me..

if u werent so lazy and a troll you would have seen it on the first 2 pages ***....he posted on his official twitter and everything...so how about you stop being an immature *** like some other fools on here.... you dnt have to be a fan to respect the guy...

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim

#130 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

Wow, Its honesetly disgusting how people act around here towards fighters. I don't know how you could call yourselves fans? Show some ****ing respect.

This

So disagree with him like a normal person instead of getting all butthurt and trying to insult him. Insulting him is not presenting him with facts. What you said about him also was not a fact. Get real man, you don't have to like the guy but as a MMA fan i would expect to at least show him some respect.

There's no problem with disagreeing with someone and trying to prove your case but when you get personal it shows immaturity imo.

lol so we get to talk to a fighter who is irrelevant nowadays and you expect all the as*holes and trolls and people who dont give a sh*t to start giving a sh*t? lol sorry dude but its never going to happen..

i dont need to show respect to phil balogna..

#131 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

Couple of questions:
1. Most memorable win?

Good questions. Hopefully, we get an answer.

Female Tyson 

Most dominant champ in the UFC since November of 2012

rondatyson_zps1c8993b2.png

#132 Pigs-On-The-Wing

Pigs-On-The-Wing
  • Free
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

yup here's your proof...

Posted Image

that's his verified twitter.

#133 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

What do you think of the old Pride rules? What rules made Pride better or inferior in relation to the UFC?

Female Tyson 

#134 Pigs-On-The-Wing

Pigs-On-The-Wing
  • Free
  • 20,004 posts

lol so we get to talk to a fighter who is irrelevant nowadays and you expect all the as*holes and trolls and people who dont give a sh*t to start giving a sh*t? lol sorry dude but its never going to happen..

Then leave it alone. If you don't want to show respect then don't talk to him.

Some people are just sad.

#135 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

if u werent so lazy and a troll you would have seen it on the first 2 pages ***....he posted on his official twitter and everything...so how about you stop being an immature *** like some other fools on here.... you dnt have to be a fan to respect the guy...

lol so im a troll? im immature? better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

#136 mmafan73

mmafan73
  • Free
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

What do you think of the old Pride rules? What rules made Pride better or inferior in relation to the UFC?

awsome questions!

he said hes in training camp so he will be on later tonight i think

#137 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, you don't need to show respect because you are such a tough internet warrior. :rolleyes:

Female Tyson 

#138 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

awsome questions!

he said hes in training camp so he will be on later tonight i think

That would be cool. I can't wait to hear what he thinks.

Female Tyson 

#139 JohnnyZadar

JohnnyZadar
  • Free
  • 9,697 posts
  • LocationVictoria,BC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

http://t1.gstatic.co...1dmCX:rolleyes:

#140 mmafan73

mmafan73
  • Free
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

lol so im a troll? im immature? better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

that just solidifys my statement....im not a big fan of baroni but i will still respect the guy and be greatful hes posting here to answer questions...when fools like you spout off crap like "Your washed up lol..." it makes us all look bad and then ppl wonder why no ufc fighters post here...

#141 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

that just solidifys my statement....im not a big fan of baroni but i will still respect the guy and be greatful hes posting here to answer questions...when fools like you spout off crap like "Your washed up lol..." it makes us all look bad and then ppl wonder why no ufc fighters post here...

Posted Image

Female Tyson 

#142 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIZG5UF6_T__zIQSRKd_7y02SwdbO87XZGFcJh2bcbwgS_5eYAt081dmCX:rolleyes:

+1

Female Tyson 

#143 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

yup here's your proof...

Posted Image

that's his verified twitter.

:eek: snap.. okay

Hey Phil.. whats it like going from top to bottom?

#144 spacey

spacey
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

your exactly the type of person that makes the world crappy sometimes.
your irrelevant and will probably die alone and have an empty funeral.

#145 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Whats it like JBEVIL to not even being good enought to be on the bottom?

Female Tyson 

#146 mmafan73

mmafan73
  • Free
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

your exactly the type of person that makes the world crappy sometimes.
Your irrelevant and will probably die alone and have an empty funeral.

dam thats a burn

#147 Pigs-On-The-Wing

Pigs-On-The-Wing
  • Free
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

your a real class act,

You'll never accomplish what Baroni has, thats the real truth.

#148 GstarUk

GstarUk
  • Free
  • 7,194 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

Good to see you posting on here Baroni

Hope you make it back in the ufc.

Baroni vs Hardy..... Come on joe make it happen :D

#149 JBEVIL

JBEVIL
  • Free
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

lmao.. okay man just cuz mr Phil Baroni is here doesnt mean you have to get all serious and act like you actually give a ****.. you troll these forums day in and day out. I posted stupid crap in here because i thought this was another fake idiot. so shut up and dont talk to me like your better then me lol

wow, people in here are pretty excited about Baroni.. alright ill lay off, but just so you know, he may have fought in the best organizations in the world, but fighters are also biased and i read back a few pages and this "BJ Penn is a finisher" and "Condit fights for points" garbage doesnt make me want to talk to the guy.

#150 waikru

waikru

UFC President

• Free
  • 11,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

lmao.. okay man just cuz mr Phil Baroni is here doesnt mean you have to get all serious and act like you actually give a ****.. you troll these forums day in and day out. I posted stupid crap in here because i thought this was another fake idiot. so shut up and dont talk to me like your better then me lol

wow, people in here are pretty excited about Baroni.. alright ill lay off, but just so you know, he may have fought in the best organizations in the world, but fighters are also biased and i read back a few pages and this "BJ Penn is a finisher" and "Condit fights for points" garbage doesnt make me want to talk to the guy.

Oh so you can't have a conversation with someone who doesn't believe in what you believe in? Real mature.

Female Tyson